Are you going to breastfeed or formula feed?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Are u going to bf or ff the baby thats bakin?

breastfeed
84%
formula feed
16%

Total votes : 79

Are you going to breastfeed or formula feed?

Postby Stephie702 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:08 am

so this isnt ment to be a debate, or one of thoes threads that turn nasty. i mearly am asking for each who wish to answer to answer for themseleves....

are you going to bf or ff? and why?

have you bf one child and are ff this one or a previous child? what were the differences you noticed if any?

thanks ladies!
~Steph-
DH, DSD 11, DD 22 months
Lilyana Leeann born 8/27/09 via C-Section 8lbs 3oz, 21inches long!
the love of my life <3
Stephie702
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bee-Jeweled » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:29 am

i would really like to BF and hope i am able to! there are countless benefits to my LO and me if we can make it work ... and it's free!! :D
Bee-Jeweled
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby howgreat » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:58 am

I pretty much agree with Bee-Jeweled. There are so many benefits to the baby and it's free! Plus, I think it could help increase the bond with my baby, help my body heal faster, etc.
Me (Leah):26 DH (Michael): 27
DS--Kade 22 months
howgreat
Addicted
Addicted

Postby kdsrdms » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:50 am

I'll be EBF this one assuming all works out ok. I BF my first for some time, then switched to formula when I went back to work.

For me, I absolutely LOVED the bonding time that came with BF. It was so, so special.

I will eventually pump so DH can feed her too.
kdsrdms
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Mom2Gracie » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:09 am

Breast is best. I breastfed DD until I couldn't which was about 4 months. After I dried out I switched to formula. My mom had the same problem and she told me it's much easier to breastfeed w/ the second baby. The benefits for the baby are enormous and financially speaking you can save a lot of money. I don't think some ppl realize how expensive formula is. I'm really looking forward to breastfeeding DS it truly is the most natural and beautiful thing I have ever seen, the bond you create is amazing.
Mom2Gracie
Star Member
Star Member

Postby operamommie » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:04 pm

Breastfeeding here. For starters, I love the bond and the whole experience. It's amazing. Of course there are all the risks of formula feeding that I'm trying to avoid this time around, most especially the increased risk of autoimmune disease, which is a big concern for me since I have Celiac disease. Those antibodies in bm are great!
Also, formula feeding is too much work for me. :oops: I did it for a couple months with Layla, trying to sort out some of my health issues, and I hated the hassle of boiling water, cooling it, washing and sterilizing bottles, mixing the formula, and on and on. Breast is just so much more convenient. And I love the built-in comfort system. :D
Me:26 DH:27

operamommie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Halee » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:17 pm

I am going to try and breastfeed Kaitlyn.
Halee

Postby graciesmommy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:47 pm

Well.........I will be formula feeding. This is not because of my choice but I have a medical condition that I have to take medicine for and It would not be good for the baby to get this medicine because it does cross into the breastmilk. But I would if I could. But I have to have this medication. It does make me sad, but medically I dont have an option. I did pump for dd for 2 months while she was in the NICU and I think that is why she did so well for a 23 weeker.
Me-31 DH 39 DD-8 TTC-5 years 3rd IUI BFP!!
graciesmommy
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Potaty » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:38 pm

I will be EBF this one, in fact, I will be tandem BFing as my 16 month old is still BFing. There are many reasons that have already been mentioned but the #1 reason for me is the bonding and special time with the LO....oh, and the convenience, I am quite lazy. :lol:
Potaty
Angel
Angel

Postby Kelly13 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:50 pm

I'll be BFing. I BF'ed for week and then quit and switched to formula. Honestly, formula just worked out better for me last time, I don't regret it. Next time, as my situation is better, I will be BFing!
Kelly13
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby ash486 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:17 pm

i plan to bf.... assuming all goes well:) I just want to experience this with my children and i also know that it is a good choice health wise. I am def not saying formula is no healthy ... who knows i may end up switching or i may have to formula feed at some point:)

ImageImage
ash486
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby jadie_f » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:14 am

boobs for me...since I am already lactating my tits off, i guess its worth it :lol:

I like the "Free" part the best....and I too am too lazy to get out of bed to make formula :lol:
Di Di Ci Ci
:hb: 10/19/09 :hb:
Jay Jay Nay Nay is here! Born au naturel in my CAR!!!
:hb: 4/26/11 :hb:

And for my next trick....surrogacy! BFP 5dp5dt! EDD 2/22!

http://mylifeisblindhope.blogspot.com/
jadie_f
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby kpete » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:23 am

i will BF. lots of reasons but the main ones are the benefit for the baby, convenience & it's free! I only made it to about 9 months with DS before we had to start supplementing formula & I hope to make it the entire first year with this baby.

kpete
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ang711 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:28 am

This baby will be EBF. My son bf for 19.5 months. I just feel that its the best start I can give my kids, i love nursing/the bond it creates, and we probably couldn't afford formula.
Angela 27, married 5yrs to Josiah. SAHM to Eli, CJ and Reese
ImageImageImage
Ang711
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby SeptBlessing » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:24 pm

Breast for me. I bf all of my children including the twins. Made it over a yr with all three. All same reasons listed and I'm waaaaaaaaaay too lazy to get out of bed at night. DH brings baby to me, baby latches on and I fall right back asleep. DH then returns baby to cradle/crib. (Awesome DH!) Healthy and convenient.....what else is there? Not to mention I lactate like a cow. I could have nursed 2 more while I bf the twins. LOL My cup runeth over.
SeptBlessing
Star Member
Star Member

Next

Return to Third Trimester