Tons of tightening?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Tons of tightening?

Postby hls268 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:34 pm

I am 32 weeks now and have been having tons of tighenting of my stomach especially when I move around. I am worried that it is effecting my cervix. I was just in the hospital 3 days ago with some BH contractions that they had to give me 2 shots for and I am 50% effaced already. Any thoughts?
hls268
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby MattandMel » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:11 am

I would say just to watch it and see if it gets worse. You're probably fine though. I've been sitting at 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced since Monday and so far I'm still good. I was given steroid shots when I was in the hospital, and I'm now on bedrest, but nothings changed for me. The pain is still there and I'm extremely uncomfortable to the point I can't even sleep, but the doctor's checked my cervix on Wednesday and nothing has changed. Good Luck, hopefully you'll start to feel better soon.
Melinda:31
DH:27
DS:13

HB @ 179-August 26th-9wks, 4 days!
HB @ 155-October 8th-16wks, 3 days
HB@151-October 21st-18wks,3days it's a GIRL!!

Emma Kimberly born February 12, 2011 at 5:24pm, 33wks and 6days, 4lbs 8oz, 17 3/4 inches long, All Natural- med free vaginal delivery!!
MattandMel
Angel
Angel

Postby victoria_1024 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:29 pm

Sounds like normal BH contractions, not a big deal. I've been having them a ton ever since 16 weeks and I definitely wasn't dilated until the past week or so. Like you, I get them especially when I walk or use my ab muscles in some way, but also certain positions make me have them more. I have them countless times during the day. The only time you have to worry is if they start getting more and more painful and start getting closer together without stopping. If that happens, lay on your side for a while and drink water. If they still don't go away, then go to l&d!

Also if you've had a baby before, it's fairly normal for the cervix to be on the softer side this early, it doesn't necessarily mean anything.
victoria_1024
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Third Trimester