Bra Question- Xposted in July DDC

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Bra Question- Xposted in July DDC

Postby celicel » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Ok, so up until now I've been able to wear the same bras that I bought at the end of my first trimester along with those bra expander things. Well, now they're just getting way too uncomfortable and I know I need more supportive non-Victoria Secret type bras I don't think they carry my size anymore anyway!! Anyway, for those of you who have gone through this before...what do you think I should do?? I don't want to buy bra's now and then afterwards as well. Would it be ok to buy nursing bra's right now? How many sizes bigger should I get? This is all so confusing to me. I really hope I don't get too much bigger, I'm currently wearing a 38D, but would prob be a lot more comfy in a 38DD or 40DD! Holy Lord that's just not normal!!!
Me, Celeste - 28
DH - 27
Married Since 11/06/2009
BFP 1/29/10, Early MC 5w4d 2/9/10 :angel:
BFP 10/19/10 - EDD 7/2/11
1/1/11- IT'S A BOY!!!
celicel
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby njnectarine » Mon May 02, 2011 6:11 pm

I am big as well- usually wear 34dd but when the milk comes I can go up to 36E or F...scary! Anyhow, I should be a spokesman for a Elle McPherson bra because I LOVE them! I discovered them after I had my firast baby 4 years ago and never looked back. I tried so many others, cheap and expensive, and none of them compare to this one. It's called Matternelle bra and it's not only cute but very supportive especially for big bbs. It holds them up , the straps don't cut in and when you lean forward you don't get the uniboob.
They are sort of expensive but look around- ebay, zulily often has them for 50% off and they do come in big sizes! I have around 7 pairs and wear them all the time...even if I am not pregnant or breastfeed.
Good luck!
Me-36, DH-40
DS- 3
DS- 1
DS# 3 due 5/19/11

njnectarine
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby fodla » Mon May 02, 2011 8:10 pm

It is a really bad idea to wear a bra that doesn't fit well. I suggest buying a couple of bras that fit you perfect now, and just wash them often. That way you won't be too sad when they don't fit post-birth.
I'm Emma!

DD Jessie, 08/12/11
Current LO EDD 01/03/16
fodla
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby celicel » Tue May 03, 2011 11:29 am

I actually bought some bra's at motherhood a few days after i posted. I'm already a 40E!!! Holy Cow!! After using them for a couple weeks now though, they're not too comfy :( they'll do for now...but I'll def look into the Matternelle ones. Thanks for sharing!!

ETA: I just googled to get a feel for the price, and everywhere I've looked so far doesn't have my size :( Now i feel huge :(
Me, Celeste - 28
DH - 27
Married Since 11/06/2009
BFP 1/29/10, Early MC 5w4d 2/9/10 :angel:
BFP 10/19/10 - EDD 7/2/11
1/1/11- IT'S A BOY!!!
celicel
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby ivycrystals » Tue May 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Do you have a specialty bra store near you? One for either hard to fit sizes or for nursing bras? I would go see a good bra lady and they can help you get fitted. My fave bra that I bought was the Bravado Body Silk. Really stretchy so it works well for the end of pregnancy. And it's great for the early days of nursing when you are engorged. Mine are too big now, but I bought them almost 2 years ago. They have held up well and while they are too big now, I expect that they will fit once I get to the 3rd tri and for nursing babe #2.
ivycrystals
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby mrsjuice » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:32 pm

I like the Playtex underwire nursing bras - they go up to size 44DD - I have bought them at the outlet stores b/c they don't usually carry the nursing bras at normal department stores (e.g. Kohls).
Susan (35) DH (45) DS1 (4) DS2 (2) Image
mrsjuice
Angel
Angel

Postby Lizc0002 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:13 am

I buy my ginormous bras ( I think I was up to E with all my pregnancies) at Wal Mart or TJ Maxx so I do not spend too much on them. Your breasts are only going to get larger once your milk comes in so I would not buy bras until you are sure how big they are going to get. No real good way to do so before IMO.

With my first pregnancy my DD was a preemie so I just went to the mall across from the hospital to the Motherhood once my milk came in. But I was able to do that since I did not have a newborn to tote....

Liz
Lizc0002
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Third Trimester