Getting closer to labor?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Getting closer to labor?

Postby creative_cutie » Mon May 09, 2011 4:39 pm

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow. I've been in the hospital twice in the past week to stop preterm labor.

(TMI) For a few days now, I'm feeling extremely wet down there. It doesn't seem like fluid but I have been changing my underwear quite a bit. My breasts have also been leaking a lot. Also, starting today I've had quite a number of loose stools. I haven't changed my diet in anyway. I've also had a lot of back pain today & some contractions.

I would rather that she stays put a few more weeks but I'm just wondering if it seems like things are starting. I cannot remember any symptoms prior to my daughters birth except for losing the mucus plug. She is already a bigger baby & is measuring 2 weeks ahead which would put me at 37 weeks. I just don't know if her lungs would be fully functional yet.

Do you think this is the start of things??
Shannon
Mama to:
Sophia- 5/6/07 8 years old
Camille- 6/8/11 4 years old
Vivienne- 8/19/13 2 years old

4 babies forever in my heart 10/09 (6w3d), 1/11 (8w5d) , 9/12 (9w4d) 11/15 (4w2d)

The Little Green Bird
WAHM made clothes
http://www.thelittlegreenbird.com
http://www.facebook.com/thelittlegreenbird
creative_cutie
Angel
Angel

Postby rcpmelissa » Tue May 10, 2011 11:01 am

i will be 36 weeks friday and i've been having the same thing. i don't know about contractions if they are just braxton hicks or the real deal, they are short in length but frequent and moreso at night than during the day. my breasts are starting to leak, but not soaking wet at all, just little drops here and there. i am very "wet" and am changing underwear frequently as well & my stools haven't been super loose but frequent and i am NOT one that normally goes frequently. i have an ultrasound today to see how big baby is since my husband and i were both SUPER big babies but i'm not sure if this means the next few weeks could move things along. i would guess our bodies are preparing but i don't know that it means it's right around the corner. it's my first, but i know lots of friends have had "labor signs" for a few weeks. i would ask your dr what he thinks at your next appt. i think baby would be fine if born at this point but the longer they can "cook" the better.
me (melissa):31 dh: 29
ds: born 6/7/11
preg with baby #2 due in july 2013
rcpmelissa
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Lizc0002 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:11 pm

Babies develop the ability to breath on their own between 31 and 32 weeks, so at 35 weeks she should be fine. I don't promise no NICU time, but I suspect she would likely not need any breathing support. Since they have stopped PTL several times did you get any steroid shots? If you have had those I would say things should be just fine, she probably will just be a bit of a peanut. My DD was born at 32 weeks a week after I had two steroid injections and while she was in NICU for 14 days she came out breathing and neve had issues with breathing. She was on a feeding tube for a few days and in an incubator to help her hold body heat. She was also very jaundiced, but overall she did just fine. Hang in there, hopefully your babe will decide to stay put for another 2 weeks.

Liz
Lizc0002
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby creative_cutie » Fri May 13, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm still here. :) I had an appointment now & I've been upgraded from barely a fingertip to a fingertip dilated in a week. We'll see what happens.
Shannon
Mama to:
Sophia- 5/6/07 8 years old
Camille- 6/8/11 4 years old
Vivienne- 8/19/13 2 years old

4 babies forever in my heart 10/09 (6w3d), 1/11 (8w5d) , 9/12 (9w4d) 11/15 (4w2d)

The Little Green Bird
WAHM made clothes
http://www.thelittlegreenbird.com
http://www.facebook.com/thelittlegreenbird
creative_cutie
Angel
Angel

Postby bailie » Fri May 13, 2011 3:31 pm

I'm feeling the same way. I guess it's normal for this point :/ 5 more weeks of this would NOT be fun.
DD1: 3 DD2: 2 DS: 10 months already!
bailie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Third Trimester