Measuring 4 weeks ahead - x posted in August

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Measuring 4 weeks ahead - x posted in August

Postby alainasmama » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:28 am

Anyone else experience this? My Dr. didn't say much, other than scheduled me for an US.
alainasmama
Star Member
Star Member

Postby nurugger13 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:00 am

This has never happened to me but I had a friend who just had a baby in March who was measuring about 3 weeks ahead. They also told her that the baby was huge. She was scheduled for a c section at 39 weeks. She ended up being fine and so did the baby. He was 8 lbs 14 oz and very healthy.

Is the dr worried? I would think if all is okay with the baby then it's okay. Maybe you'll be having a big baby?!?
Britt (me)-33
Tim (DH)-33
DS-Braden Leo 4/30/09
DD-Addison Elise 9/29/11

nurugger13
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby cbeckwith » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:42 am

I measure 2-3 weeks ahead usually. When I had my ultrasound the baby measured right on target though. She has some big feet and weighs on the upper weight range for her ago but other than that she is very normal. Sometimes its just the positition she is in. She likes to get in a ball and put both arms and legs stretched out above her head so it makes my stomach measure and look larger.
Me 21 DH 29
SD 5
TTC since Feb 09'
2 rounds of clomid 50 mg
:bfp: on December 25th, 2010

EDD August 29th, 2011
1/11 7w1d :hb: 147
3/28 18w3d :hb: 143 Its A Girl!!!

8/22 Zoey Brooke arrived at 4:41p.m.
7lbs 1oz and 20 inches
cbeckwith
Addicted
Addicted

Postby NikkiNikki » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi Ladies,

I am the oposite...I usually measure 2 or 3 weeks behind. I'm on baby #3 and it's already happening. As long as you're healthly I wouldn't worry too much about it. I agree with the other moms, there are so many factors including the position of the baby, your own body build etc.

My SIL is less than 5 ft tall and of course she is measuring HUGE but if you think about it, the baby has no where to go but out. She measuring ahead but I'm betting he'll be very average (7 pounds) once he arrives.

My older sister however, is very overweight and she had a 10 pounder and the doctor acted shocked!!! You just never really know until they make their entrance :) Again, if you're doing ok otherwise, I wouldn't read into it....just enjoy the last weeks of pregnancy (if thats possible w/all the aches and pains we have :)).
NikkiNikki
Star Member
Star Member

Postby TracyL82 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:42 pm

I measured 4 weeks behind with my son from 34 weeks on. They were so worried that they did an ultrasound several times and even talked about inducing if he didn't get any bigger (they estimated him being 5 lbs). Of course, he was born (without inducing) and weighed a healthy 7 1/2 lbs :) Those measurements and even ultrasound estimates are just those, estimates :)
Me (Tracy) 28
DH 38
DS 2
DS due Oct. 4th
beta @ 11 dpo - 53
beta @ 13 dpo - 154
9 weeks heart beat - 174

After 7 medicated cycles, we are pregnant with #2!!!!
TracyL82
Angel
Angel

Postby Tracylee » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:45 am

with my 2nd I measured fine and kept begging the dr. to do an ultrasound because I knew he was getting way too big. the ultrasound tech came back saying baby only weighed like 6lbs at 35 weeks and dr. insisted that I was just uncomfortable and joked that I would say anything to get the baby out. At 37 weeks I went to an acupuncture therapist to put me into labor which worked the very next day. After pushing and pushing the dr. actually said, "maybe you should be an OB, I guess this baby is bigger than we thought". I had to have an emergency C-section and gave birth to a 10.9 boy.

After the fact, Dr. guessed that at the 35 week ultrasound baby was probably like 8+ lbs.
ImageImageImage
Tracylee
Angel
Angel

Return to Third Trimester