Feeling like my Heart cant keep up?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Feeling like my Heart cant keep up?

Postby Earthmomma » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:55 am

I told my OB and he just said "Its normal" without any further investigation but anyway.. i feel like my heart will race, then slow down, sometimes it will skip a beat or i can feel it beating in my throat almost...and when i lay down at night it really feels like it struggles... it will slow down, seems like it skips a beat then beats super hard and fast until it finally levels out.. anyone else dealing with this?

Also when I get a BH i feel my heart beating really hard too.
ME:23 :love: DH:26 Married 5 years
DS- 3 Years
DD-3 Months
Non CIO,Non-Vax,Homeopathic/Natural Healing,ERF,Gentle Disciplining Mama.
Earthmomma
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby fodla » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:53 pm

My heart did that a lot, too. It's because of the increased blood flow.
I'm Emma!

DD Jessie, 08/12/11
Current LO EDD 01/03/16
fodla
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby megaminty » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:21 pm

Same thing with me. My OB sent me for an EKG, echocardiogram, and stress test. My heart was skipping beats and racing, even during the exams, but the MD said it was normal in pregnancy--like Emma said it's just from the increased blood volume. It's annoying when you're trying to relax in bed, and I had to stop running around 6months because my heart rate was getting too high, but it didn't cause any problems.
megaminty
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Tamra » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:18 am

I am a newbie here but just thought I would post that I have this as well. I actually just brought it up AGAIN to the dr at my appointment this week and he took blood to check my thyroid and something else. He did however inform me that it is very normal because of the increased blood flow and that we would get relief once we have the baby.
Tamra
Friend

Return to Third Trimester