Cramping, what's normal?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Cramping, what's normal?

Postby HawkeyeGirl18 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:24 pm

I've noticed some BHs off and on for the past couple of months, but lately there have been a couple of different times that they became quite regular (2-4 minutes apart) and continued that way for an hour or two before slowly spacing out again. For example, last night, the were 2-4 minutes apart for two hours, then spaced out to 6-8 minutes for another hour, and finally slowed down to just a couple per hour. They started out just feeling like a tightening sensation, but after about an hour got a bit uncomfortable. Thankfully, I haven't felt much of anything today.

Is it normal to have episodes of cramping like this? I plan to bring it up with my MFM tomorrow, but I've just been really nervous since I have a cerclage and am high risk for PTL.
Me: 28 DH: 30
My blog: http://ttcwithpcosrpl.blogspot.com
8w3d :angel: 5w0d :angel: 4w3d :angel:
19w4d :angel: :angel: :angel: Triplets lost to IC 1/7/11: Cadyn (with us for for 20 minutes), Adalyn & Mikayla (born sleeping)

:hb: Our little miracle Mason arrived on February 22, 2012! :hb:

Expecting TWINS June 2014 after just one round of treatments! :shock:

HawkeyeGirl18
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Georgie82 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm curious what your Doc told you. Please share as I'm a FTM & didn't even know I was having contractions until the doc told me. So now I'm curious & would like to stay on top of these things. Thank you!
Me: 29 DH:33
Together 8 years Married June 11/11
BABY#1 - DS born May 11, 2012
Georgie82
Angel
Angel

Re: Cramping, what's normal?

Postby JennyBug » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:44 am

Everyone is different, I'm sure. But, for me, contractions and labor in general wasn't like 'cramping'... it honestly felt more like (and sorry for the TMI here!) I was about to have diarrhea! More of a tightening, overall intestinal uncomfortable sensation. I have cramps off and on with this pregnancy and I can definitely distinguish between cramps and contractions. I hope that helps. Again, I know everyone is different, but this has been my personal experience! :)
Me 37 DH 36 -- ttc #1 for 3 years
1 ectopic, 2 m/c @ 5 wks
IVF #1 - Cancelled, didn't respond to Lupron
IVF #2 - Antagonist protocol - BFN
FET #1 - BFP, m/mc 9 wks
IVF #3 - Antagonist protocol - BFP - born Sept. 2010
FET #2 - BFN
FET #3 - BFP - blighted ovum m/c
IVF #4 - BFP - u/s 5/3/12, HB = 130 bpm!, 1 baby, due 12/24/12 - IT'S A BOY!
JennyBug
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Cramping, what's normal?

Postby Mommysoon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:58 pm

My doctor told me that if I have more than 4 or 5 in an hour to call her.
HOpe that helps...
Me (Lauren) 37, DH 43
Conceived through IVF
It's a Girl!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

Mommysoon
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Third Trimester