Chatty third trimester ladies! **ALL WELCOME**

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Chatty third trimester ladies! **ALL WELCOME**

Postby Clairebear » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:13 am

Hi ladies!
Starting a chatty lady thread over here for those of us from the second trimester chatty ladies thread who have graduated to the third trimester, and any new comers who missed our friendly chatty thread over there.

All welcome here!!

If you want busy chatter, have third trimester questions, want opinions, whatever! If your in the third trimester and want someone to talk to POST here!

So ladies, who's officially over here already???
Think I've got a week or so before I'm truely here, but I'll be here checking in anyway :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Nattiebumpo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:20 am

Ooh I'll join!! Haha :)

The third trimester is intense! So close to meeting our babes, every two week appointments, nursery finishing, baby showers! Ahhh!! :)
Moi: 26 (Nat) DH: 28 (Matt) DS: born July 2012 (Sawyer)
Breastfeeding and cloth diapering SAHM :) due August 2013
Nattiebumpo
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:36 am

Yay! I can hardly wait to officially be here! Hopefully this thread takes off, the second tri board did pretty well considering!

I know we will all be juggling a lot this trimester but it is so nice to have ladies here to chat with, and the general second and third trimester boards are so dead quiet.

I have no memory anymore, sorry, nattie, we're you with our second tri group? Welcome either way! How's everything going for you? I've still got so much to do! I'm a FTM, you?

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Tiffy1082 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:33 am

Thanks for starting a chatty thread over here Clairebear. I will check in often to both. :D
Sherry-Lynn 43
DH 46
DD 3 Born July 9, 2012 with undiagnosed HLHS (hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome) resulting in a Transplant @ 6 weeks old

2 Fur Babies (two Cats Tiffany 10yrs & Jo-Jo 8yrs)
ImageImage

2 Feathered Babies (Peach Face Lovebirds Kiwi & Mango)

Tiffy1082
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Let's talk about classes :)

Mine start soon

I'm booked into a breast feeding class and DP and I are both attending a 5 week evening birthing class course.
I'm a FTM so it's all so new to me, what classes do you ladies go to?
And any ladies out there with a LO already - did you bf? And was it hard?
I'm really set on bf but I hear it's not always possible and even if it is its not always easy..

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Tiffy1082 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:46 pm

I am on a waiting list for a free Getting Ready for Baby Prenatal class. As for BF, I am still up in the air on that one. I know it is better for baby, BUT... The actual latching on thing scares the crap out of me. I hate anyone touching my bb's even myself. It is up there with my phobia for spiders. I think I may be able to handle pumping. I have checked into pump rentals as I don't want to drop a mint on one and find out I can't handle that either. Such a decision I have to make and make soon. :(

Back muscle spasm is getting better, but I am living off of tylenol for the pain management. It only takes the edge off, but at least I can cope. I didn't want to take anything for it but the ob office said try the tylenol for a couple of days. Also a hot shower to the back is heavenly until I cool off again.

Well on the topic of spasms......UGH.......the damn leg cramps are really getting to me. DH is such a jerk when he laughs because my foot actually turns in or my big toe tries to crawl under all the rest. He thinks it is funny which pisses me off :evil: to no end especially when I start crying because it hurts so bad. I drink plenty of fluids, milk, orange juice, water, etc. And I still get them. I mentioned this to my ob and they said try some calcium supplements. I guess it is a trip to walmart tomorrow for calcium chews. Oh the joys of pregnancy. Leg cramps, back spasms (starting to wear a pregnancy support as of tomorrow, hopefully I won't throw out my back again), next up BH contractions then the real ones.....I'm so looking forward to the end, only 83 more days approx and I get to hold her and all this will be worth it.

Sorry for my rant!!! Just got out of the HOT shower for leg and back so I am a little short fused!!!

Hugs to Ma Girlfriends!!! Have a good weekend!!!
Sherry-Lynn 43
DH 46
DD 3 Born July 9, 2012 with undiagnosed HLHS (hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome) resulting in a Transplant @ 6 weeks old

ImageImage

Tiffy1082
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Tiffy1082 » Wed May 02, 2012 3:03 am

Morning All,

Sorry again about my Rant on Saturday night, but I guess this is a safe place to let it out without ppl being too judgemental. :D

Back is feeling about 80-90% better. Thank Goodness, that was difficult moving around with a big swollen baby bump (only to get bigger~~ :P ) and doing everyday chores was difficult too. I am off the tylenol for a couple of days now....yeah!!! Hated taking it but I had to do something since everything else was out and Shaelyn really didn't like me using the heating pad for 10 min at a time, boy did she kick up a storm, even on the lowest settings. I gave that up quickly too. Anyway I am feeling better, just wish these random leg cramps would bugger off too. Had one last evening and DH actually tried to rub it out. Hmph, maybe getting that mad and crying made him realize I was really in pain and he thought he should try and help. He couldn't believe how tight the leg muscle got, also he talked to his massage therapist (back injury in Dec from a car accident)and she gave him some tips and said that those leg cramps are brutal and she wouldn't wish them on anyone, so I guess he realized I was serious about them. :dunno: Anyway it was very nice of him to try and help me out last evening.

How is everyone else doing? Hopefully more of you mom's will join me here in 3rd Trimester so I don't feel like I am chatting with myself.... :lol:
Sherry-Lynn 43
DH 46

ImageImage

Tiffy1082
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Wed May 02, 2012 5:42 am

Your not chatting to yourself lol I'm here, well kinda. I'm in w 27 so Im here next week? Who cares! Anyway, I'm sorry, I read your rant and thought I replied but looks like I didn't get that far :oops:
Feel free to rant here about whatever's on your mind, it feels so much better to get it out and here is a great place to do it.

Glad your back feels better now, hope your leg cramps ease up. My hips get really sore, often. It's not nice. I get so stiff I can hardly move, and bending or squatting, ha... Forget about it!

with bf - can you find a secondhand pump? I ended up finding a free manual pump and some bottles from someone in my area who didn't need them anymore. I figure I'll try that for a while in combination with normal bf (so DP can take some night shifts etc) Im looking into finding a cheap or free electric pump too. Apparently some women can only use one or the other style, so I figure there's no point spending lots on new pumps until I know what works.
Secondhand pumps are fine so long as they are cleaned and sterilized. So I recommend looking into that.

Anyway darl its late here so I'm off to bed.
Talk again soon

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Tiffy1082 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:46 am

Great to see you Clairebear. Can't wait to see more of you next week....LOL As for BF I am still up in the air on that one. I have considered finding a secondhand one, but I am very huge in the chest. I am worried I won't get a good hold/suction whatever from the shield either and all my efforts will be pointless, SO.....I hate to do it but I think we are heading towards bottle feeding and formula. I know that breast is better...blah, blah, blah, but I turned out fine as a formula fed baby. Also Formulas have changed so much since I was a baby. If only I didn't have the phobia of latching on, but then my other fear was smothering the baby with my humongous jugs... :lol:

I have my first shower this weekend. I am being picked up Friday evening about 6pm and going to a girlfriends cottage for the weekend. I believe the shower is Saturday, but I know none of the details. I will be taking my camera so hopefully someone will take pics for me and I will post some,either way I will give all the details when I get back online (prob Monday morn it is quieter then for me).
Went for my cbc and random fasting glucose this morning. Thank God I didn't have to do the drink, there were 8 other ladies in there this morning doing it, boy were they jealous when they found out I didn't have to drink the drink because of my gastric bypass :P

Hoping I pass and that is it, I hate donating to the vampires....the cullens (twilight) maybe, but the lab vamps NO!!!

Have a good rest and catch up with you later Clairebear.
Sherry-Lynn 43
DH 46

ImageImage

Tiffy1082
Star Member
Star Member

Postby armywife1980 » Sun May 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Tiffy- Hope your shower was lovely:) I've yet to go take my GD test. I guess I'll run up to the lab Mon morning and get it done. I hate drinking that nasty stuff. I'm hoping there was an improvement on flavor in the past 10 years. I could barely choke it down when I was pregnant with DD.

Clairebear- A lot of people and doctors consider 27wks the beginning of the 3rd trimester. I'm saying you're there momma!!

Ok, so I know there really isn't a correlation between leaking during pregnancy and the ability to nurse. Either way, it makes me nervous that I have yet to leak anything this pregnancy. With my other kids it was like a faucet by 24ish weeks. I really want to breastfeed Alyssa and I'm hoping I won't have a problem. I had supply issues with my other children. Things are definitely better here recently energy wise. I was exhausted my whole first tri and 2nd trimester. It is seeming that I am getting that burst of energy and motivation in my 3rd trimester. I'm not going to complain though b/c I still have a ton to do and I'm really going to need all the energy I can get with DH being gone. My neighbor had her baby girl yesterday and it's making me anxious to see my LO. I have everything washed, car seat installed etc. Heck, the diaper bag is ready to go except for her coming home outfit. DH is responsible for choosing that and he's yet to do it. I'm trying to involve him in as much prep as possible just so he feels included and maybe connected somehow. I'm very, very worried that they won't bond for some reason and it bothers me b/c Savannah is the light of his life. She is a daddy's girl through and through and I want that for Alyssa. He was here for all the other children when they were born and bonded right away. I'm probably being irrational with my fear as I see other families that have dads and babies that are close despite them being deployed during the first few months. It's just somethig that I can't stop thinking about.
Brandie (33) DH (32) Twin Boys (15) DD#1 (11) DD#2 (1yr)
Alyssa Marie 7/20/12 @ 7lb 11oz & 21in long
armywife1980
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Tiffy1082 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:02 am

Wow!!! A week has gone by and no replys.

Armywife1980: My shower was lovely, just a few friends from work, mostly a bunch of gals getting away for a relaxing weekend. Got some nice gifts, will post pics probably after my BIG shower on the 10th of June. Invites went out last week for that one and now we are busy with preparations. I love all this planning. I am very involved with the planning on this shower. LOVE IT!!!

Well I have decided to bottle feed Shaelyn. After a lot of debate, pro's and con's I feel it is best for her and I. Bad Mommy I know!!! But I just can't convince myself to do it and to buy a pump geesh and I won't use a used one no matter how clean the person says it is. I would probably break it somehow trying to sterilize it further. I don't want to subject Shaelyn or I to anyone elses bacteria or virus' I was bottle fed and so was DH and we turned out fine. Plus infant formula has changed so much these days that I am sure she will benefit just fine.

How are you other 3rd Tri ladies coping? Sleep is a whole other problem for me now. I lay there at night (after my initial 1 1/2-2hr sleep) and worry. I don't know why, I just do. It's like I am afraid I am not going to be ready for her arrival (although if she came now I would be) and really stupid things keep me up. I can't get comfortable (big round belly), still battling leg cramps here and there and just stressing that I have to scour this dump!!!

Other than that I am well, Shaelyn seems to be well and Daddy is getting really excited. We were in Costco the other day and he seen a 6 week old newborn girl and he got all tight chested and wanted to cry. He just kept saying to the lady "she is beautiful, AWE and she is so tiny". Man I had better pack absorbant terry cloth towels for the delivery room between him and my mother and my water breaking it will be a swamp in there...and of course I will cry too. LOL

Hope to hear from more of you this week, Take care and Keep on Baking, WE ARE ALMOST THERE!!!
Sherry-Lynn 43
DH 46

ImageImage

Tiffy1082
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Fri May 25, 2012 2:45 am

Hi ladies looks like we've all been a little slack on the posting front but I'm back!
Tiffy you not a bad mom your decision to Bottle feed is yours and yours only! Only you can make that decision for you and shaelyn and as you say there's been so many Healthy bottle babies, and with all the improvements in formula over the years I'm sure she'll be just fine!
As I trying to sleep this trimester it's definitely interesting -between getting up to go to the toilet every few hours and the crazy vivid dreams that have returned. getting more than three hours sleep at a time is a rareity!

Army wife I am sure the DH and your LO will bond just fine! no need to worry there. I wish I would get a burst of energy this trimester I am so tired and we still have so much to prepare as well! only 10 weeks to go now we're fast running out of time

I'm so tired now ladies I've had my dinner and its time for a nap. I'll come back tomorrow and post my 30 week belly pic, then 2 days later I'll post a new one for 31 weeks!

Let's get chatting and lets see those bellies ladies!

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Tiffy1082 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:39 am

I hate posting pics of myself :?

This was at 30 weeks, will take another one this weekend or later today, actually I am wearing the same shirt today so if I get time today I will do it and post it..... excuse the excess skin from my gastric bypass, I thought it would come up with baby as she grew but definately not :( I am still carring her really high hopefully she will stay there for a few more weeks, at least until June is just about through, I am hoping she hangs in there until I reach 37 weeks 3 days, then I will have my July baby anytime after that...LOL Really hoping she stays put until then :fingers crossed:

At my OB appointment this week I was measuring right on for 32 weeks.

Sherry-Lynn 43
DH 46

ImageImage

Tiffy1082
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Clairebear » Fri May 25, 2012 3:48 pm

Don't mind the messy room
That's my 30w pic - sorry if it's huge - i haven't worked out the resizing on my iPhone yet.

Tiffy your looking great! ThanX for the pic, can't wait to see how it progresses the next few weeks :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Tiffy1082 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:41 pm

Thanks Clairebear!!! Yours looks great too, don't mind my stretch marks, they are not from the pregnancy (well maybe a couple) they are from before when I was at my heaviest 375lbs before my gastric bypass. They are still pretty faded the most noticable mark is my 13 inch scar from the surgery that goes from breast bone to navel. I was saying to my Ob that if a c-section was to be done could he slightly curve the bikini incision so that I have a smilie exclamation mark!!! :lol: I am such a clown!!! I seen a lady the other day who is having a boy and she is two weeks behind me and like double my belly size, I was like "HOLY BATMAN" I am hoping I don't get too much bigger....LOL
Sherry-Lynn 43
DH 46

ImageImage

Tiffy1082
Star Member
Star Member

Next

Return to Third Trimester