Chatty third trimester ladies! **ALL WELCOME**

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Pixiepin » Sun May 27, 2012 8:40 am

Loving the bumps ladies :) I cang believe how close we are all getting xx
Me -35
Ds1-5
Ds2- 2
7 angel babies - (last one 1/1/14)

Pregnant with baby no3 4 months after m/c.
Edd 6th Jan 2015... Team green !!!
Pixiepin
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Tiffy1082 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:12 am

Wow what a busy week this is going to be. Nesting big time, actually going to steam clean the carpets in a bit or at least start them and see how far I get... :lol: Making Bee Pops for the shower (my give aways to my guests), will post pics when they are done, oh and the Shower is this coming Sunday, I am really getting excited we have over 40 guests attending, should be a blast. Trying to finish up small tasks for the shower and getting my house sorted out. Housework needs to be done, laundry IS done (whew), need to clean the van, the inside is soooo dusty. At least my shower isn't here at my house it is in the basement of a church, so I don't have to catch every dust bunny this week, may leave a few to entertain myself next week.... :lol: Other than that not much else going on with us. I went for an ultrasound last Thursday to check the baby's size and her fluid around her. I get those results this Wed at my Ob appoint. Didn't get to see her on screen this time or ask any questions pretaining to the test( damn Canadian laws) :( but I did find out that she was head down as I had suspected due to feeling her flip early last week. Now the joys of rib kicking have started and the head grinding making me have to tinkle every 10 min. Nursery is pretty much done except for filling it after the shower with her gifts. We were at the flea market yesterday and I showed DH the crib set I liked and we decided that with any cash from the shower we will go get the set the following weekend. It is a 7 piece set for 135.00 and it is a neat Pooh Theme that will blend in with her room also it is unisex if we decide on another addition to the family ( I say this now before labour and delivery of this one).

Hope everyone else is doing well and sorry for my all over the place rambling... :P
Sherry-Lynn 43
DH 46
DD 3 Born July 9, 2012 with undiagnosed HLHS (hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome) resulting in a Transplant @ 6 weeks old

2 Fur Babies (two Cats Tiffany 10yrs & Jo-Jo 8yrs)
ImageImage

2 Feathered Babies (Peach Face Lovebirds Kiwi & Mango)

Tiffy1082
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Lisa614 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:52 am

Hey girls! I've made it to the third tri! It's nice to see you girls over here, the second tri chatty group got pretty quiet without you all.

Well I just had my 28 week appointment and U/s, everything is looking pretty good. She's measuring a little small so I get another growth scan in a month, but not too worried as everything else looks great. I took the glucose test and waiting to hear back on that, though if I passed I think they'll just tell me at the next appointment. Also, on to my two week appointments now! This pregnancy is just flying by! I'm feeling more and more tired and uncomfortable these days, but just common third tri stuff. Though I'm worried how I'm ever going to make it through the next 12 weeks.

Tiffy, hope you have a great shower this weekend! I think my first shower will be the end of this month, and then my big shower the middle of July. I'm excited to start getting more baby stuff though. And I totally feel you on the leg cramps, mine have been getting worse lately. Sometimes I'll get several in one night, sometimes I don't get any, but man do they hurt sometimes!

Armywife, I'm nervous about the BFing too. I haven't leaked at all yet, and I know I still have time, and it supposedly doesn't mean anything, but I'm worried I'm just not going to produce enough (or any!). My bb's have definitely gotten bigger though, so hopefully that's a good sign at least.

Clairebear, how are you girl? I feel you on the exhaustion. I'm really hoping the nesting instinct kicks in at some point so I have energy to get things done again before the baby comes.
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:43 am

Hey everyone :)
I'm still exhausted. Did a little cleaning today but not as much as I'd hoped which means the next 2 days are going to be really busy for me. We have a house inspection on thursday and there is stuff everywhere! It's terrible, I hate it I need some sense of order in the house, my nesting instinct is going crazy but there is only so much I can do until I sell my old car cos I don't have money for paying dumping and carpet cleaning fees; which is frustrating the !$(?;&@ out of me!!

Lisa welcome to our third tri board! It's pretty quiet over here too; I think it's cos everyone's exhausted and trying to get last minute things organized though. Still I think it's important to keep our threads going, albeit slowly; I sure know I still need the interaction and a safe place to vent without judgement and to ask for advice.

I'm so jealous of everyone's third tri scans - we don't get them here, after 20 weeks they just assume all is well, I'm sure my little charley is well but I'd love to see her on ultrasound again! I want to know what's where! Lol! I tried to u/s myself at work with no success - shes too big to fit in one shot and I'm not skilled enough at performing and interpreting the u/s to work out what's what.
I have my bf class next Friday so I'll report back on that for those who are interested.

Hope your all well :) xxx

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby KJ511 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi everyone! Mind if I join the chatty thread? I'm not very far into the third tri yet but I'd love to hear from everyone who is further along. I enjoy getting advice and whatnot!

I'm definitely interested in hearing more about your BF class, Claire. I'm a little nervous about it as well. I want to very badly. DH said not to be devastated if it doesn't work out, and I'll surely try not to be, but I think it will be very hard. I want to be able to bond with my baby girl in such a cool way! I really am interested in knowing whether you think it's a worthwhile class to take. I have that option at my hospital and am trying to decide whether I should do it.
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

The Zebra family! :)
KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Lisa614 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:03 am

Hey Kelli! Welcome to the thread, it looks like we're about the same point along, so hopefully the other ladies can give us good advice!

Claire, I'm sorry you haven't been able to sell your car yet, I hope it goes soon so you can get everything done. We went through that a couple years ago, and I got tired of it sitting around so we dropped the price a lot and it sold in like 2 days. It wasn't worth much to begin with, so I didn't really care. I'm definitely interested to hear how your BF class goes. I'm signed up for one in July. The rest of my birthing classes are in July too, so it's going to be a busy month for us.

Tiffy, I saw your shower pictures in the July thread, looks like it went great! Are you guys pretty much set now, or do you have things you still need to get before the LO arrives?

I'm getting excited for my showers, I've got my work one coming up a week from tomorrow, and my family/friends one in about a month. We haven't bought much yet, I wanted to wait till after my showers, so I'm excited to actually have some baby stuff!
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby Tiffy1082 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:22 am

Lisa614: Pretty much set, just really missing one thing......Shaelyn!!! Can't wait for her to arrive, I have a feeling these last few weeks are going to drag on and on!!! All her laundry is now washed and hanging or put away. Just have to pack for the two of us this week, and then wait for her cue. The ball is in her court for now.
Sherry-Lynn 43
DH 46
DD 3 Born July 9, 2012 with undiagnosed HLHS (hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome) resulting in a Transplant @ 6 weeks old

2 Fur Babies (two Cats Tiffany 10yrs & Jo-Jo 8yrs)
ImageImage

2 Feathered Babies (Peach Face Lovebirds Kiwi & Mango)

Tiffy1082
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Blondielicious » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:13 am

3rd Tri for me now yay - 11 more weeks to go! Super excited :D

How is everyone doing? x
Me (Charley): 26 DH: 27
BFP 25/01/2012

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

Blondielicious
Angel
Angel

Postby Lisa614 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:16 am

Hey Charley! Woo hoo, 3rd tri! As you can see this board has been pretty quiet. I saw Tiffy's birth story on the July boards, not sure who else is still here or had their babies yet. I'm doing good though, 5-6 weeks left for me. Everything is looking good with the LO. Are you still feeling good or have the third tri aches and pains hit yet? Lol, I felt like as soon as I hit the third tri everything started hurting, mainly back, ribs, and tailbone. Also having lots of BH contractions. Aside from all that, things are good though.
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby Blondielicious » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:20 am

I didn't see Tiffy's birth story, I will have to check it out. Does seem quiet on here though. Glad everything is going well for you and not long to go now, are you super excited?

So far I have felt better in the 3rd tri than I have throughout my whole pregnancy lol, weird I know. I dunno if it is because I can see the end in sight now or because I feel a bit safer and feel baby loads more - but whatever it is long may it continue as I reckon the last few weeks are gonna be tough.

When do you quit work?
BFP 25/01/2012

Blondielicious
Angel
Angel

Postby Lisa614 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:34 am

That's awesome that you're feeling good, I hope it lasts! Yes, we're getting very excited to meet our little girl. We finally ordered our crib, should be here next week, and then we'll have all the nursery furniture and pretty much everything else ready. Then I'll be able to relax even more. I'm actually working till she comes, cause we don't get that much time off. I'm taking 8 weeks and want that to all be with her. How about you, do you have a date in mind yet? How about getting all the baby stuff ready? I just had my shower last week, so we're still getting the last bits and pieces.
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby Blondielicious » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:22 am

That's great that you have most things ready for her arrival. How was your shower? Did you get everything you wanted? Did the doctor say she was engaged when you last went for an appt?

I am leaving work on 13th September (37 weeks) and won't be going back til 7th October 2013 - I can't wait.

I have ordered most of the big ticket items and they should arrive on 17th September, jusy hope they arrive before baby does lol.

I have my first shower on 25th August, so hope I get some of the bits I am missing then.
BFP 25/01/2012

Blondielicious
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:52 pm

I'm still here, My Charley could be here any day now :)
Almost everything is ready and the last few things are set to be done this weekend :)
I'll pop back n do a proper update here later on, it's almost 6am Saturday here at the moment and my naughty dogs woke me up n won't stop barking!
I'm going to tell tgem off once more then put a pillow over my head n try and get some sleep- my neighbors always ignore their dogs so I'll tryy it for once lol

Goodnight/good morning ladies
Great to see some posts here again :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby KJ511 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi everyone! Glad to see you back! I'm not very good at stalking the other DDC boards, so apparently I'm going to have to do more of that!

Claire--getting excited for you! You're so close! Can't wait to see pics and hear your birth story!!!
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

The Zebra family! :)
KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:13 am

Kellie ur not far behind me!
Ur LO will be here before you know it too.
Time is dragging for me at the moment. Im so ready to have Charley in my arms not my belly! Shes run out of room in there and its far from comfortable.

My best friend arrives tonight but she can only stay til the 3rd so I can't go far past my edd or she will not be here - and I really need her here for the birth. She's my best friend and was such a support when my mum past away, she's always been there when I need a helping hand, she will be Charley's godmother and honerary aunt- she means the world to me- I just cant imagine doing this without her. DP is great but he's a guy lol

So I'm still playing the waiting game - trying lots of walking, sex, emotional or funny movies, hot showers, star jumps, and considering getting some epo and fresh pineapple- I'm trying to kick start this last step

If anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them - I've been warned against castor oil and Ive been told I can't get induction accupuncture or massage til I'm past due...

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

PreviousNext

Return to Third Trimester