Chatty third trimester ladies! **ALL WELCOME**

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Postby Clairebear » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:35 am

It certainly is nice to be needed :) I've been gone 2 weeks and I'm already missed. At least I'll be appreciated when I return, it'll make a nice change!
Anyway darl it's almost midnight here n I'm exhausted. Talk more soon xx

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Blondielicious » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:52 am

Yes def nice to be needed and missed.

Goodnight chick, hats off to you for being able to stay awake until midnight at 39 weeks pregnant :D
Me (Charley): 26 DH: 27
BFP 25/01/2012

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

Blondielicious
Angel
Angel

Postby Lisa614 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:10 am

Hey girls, good to see some chatting on here!

Claire, you're so close now! I think you're doing everything I will be doing in another few weeks, I hope something works for you soon! That's great that your friend will be there for you, I hope you're little one comes soon enough she can help out. That's a bummer that they don't do cervix checks there and in the UK.

Charlie, I'm so jealous of how much time you're taking off. I know most countries get way more than the US though. It'll be nice to have several weeks before the baby comes too, plenty of time to relax and make sure everything is ready. I'm hoping staying at work will keep me busy so time will go quickly in those last couple weeks, but I'm starting to mentally check out too. I've just started training the person who'll take over for me for a few weeks, but I wish I didn't really have to think anymore. Oh well, soon enough.

Hey Kelli, I think we're really close together for our due dates. When do you get your first cervix check?

I don't think I'm engaged yet...not really sure what that means though. I start my cervix checks next week, so we'll see if I have any progress. I was hoping she'd come a few weeks early, but then I heard that even in those last 2-3 weeks babies do a lot of developing, so now I'm hoping she comes right on time. Lol, I know she'll come whenever she wants to though.
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
Found out I was pregnant on 12/17/11!
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby Blondielicious » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:14 am

Hey Lisa - Not long now for you....are you excited or nervous? Or both? Have you got the nursery all sorted?

I think I am going to be bored the 3 weeks before baby comes, but I am hoping I can fill it with cleaning and getting the nursery ready and the furniture doesn't arrive until I am 37.5 weeks.

I am looking forward to the time off though, won't want to go back after a year - will be awful but know I have to.
BFP 25/01/2012

Blondielicious
Angel
Angel

Postby Lisa614 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:39 am

The crib is being delivered this week, once we get that set up the nursery should be pretty much done. Just have to do all the washing still. I'm really excited to get it all finished up though. And yes, both nervous and excited, but every day I get a little less nervous because I'm just more ready to have her already!

That's probably good the furniture is arriving then, it will give you something to do those last couple weeks, getting everything set up how you want it. It was funny, I was totally anxious to get everything done around 32/33 weeks, and really nervous about everything and baby coming early. And now I'm much more calm, even though it's still not done yet...hormones huh?
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby Blondielicious » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:50 am

That's exciting it is nearly all done. What are you naming her again?

Yeah that's what I was thinking, will keep more occupied the last few weeks. I think we go through all sorts of emotions in pregnancy - I haven't gone through nervous yet, just excited but I think that will all change when I do my hopsital tour in 3 weeks.
BFP 25/01/2012

Blondielicious
Angel
Angel

Postby KJ511 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi Lisa! Yes, we are only 1 day apart! I have my 36-week appointment on Wednesday (even though it's not officially 36 weeks yet) and they'll start checks then. Are they starting you soon also? Kind of exciting, even if it doesn't necessarily mean anything! Although I have been enjoying the fact that I don't have to get undressed for my appointments! I'll keep you guys posted on how things are looking! :D
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

The Zebra family! :)
KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Clairebear » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:49 am

Hi all,
I've done nothing all day, staying up til after midnight was not a good idea - I didn't get to sleep til after 2am in the end, my bff decided to give me a massage and then when she went to bef DP decided he was in the mood to try and help get things started ;) ... After 1am! Lol
Didn't work. Just made for one tired mumma
I'm determined to get an early night tonight and make an early start on cleaning in the morning- before my BFF gets up and starts cleaning too! I get really funny about others cleaning my stuff, she can have the kitchen but the rest of the house will be almost done when she gets up if I can help it! Lol

Well night ladies, keep up the chit chat - ill probably check back again after dinner quickly, or I'll be back in the morning :)

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Blondielicious » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:55 am

Have a nice sleep - make the most of it now as once Charley comes, it will be a thing of the past lol. I know what you mean about cleaning, I like to clean my own stuff too x
BFP 25/01/2012

Blondielicious
Angel
Angel

Postby Lisa614 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:47 am

Charley, our little girl's name is going to be Alaina Marie. Did you have names picked out yet? You're still team green right?

Kelli, yes, keep us posted on how your appointment goes! My first one is a week from tomorrow. I feel like time is really going to fly now that it's down to one week appointments.

Claire, you're so close hun! Are you having any contractions or anything? I just get the BH contractions constantly, so I'm hoping when labor starts they feel different and I'll know it's labor and not more BH. Hope your cleaning goes well.

We finished our childbirth classes last night, I'm officially prepared, lol! I think they were helpful overall, I don't know that I'll ever feel 100% ready though. We still have an infant care class to take and the hospital tour and registration, which for some reason I didn't book for another two and a half weeks, hopefully she doesn't come before then.
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby Blondielicious » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:54 am

Lisa - That is a sweet name. We are still team green but have Finley or Jacob picked out for a boy and Freya, Grace or Eleanor picked out for a girl. We are using our names as middle names.

Glad you are all prepared after the classes. I agree though I don't think anyone can ever be 100% ready. KUP on how the hospital tour and infant care class goes.
BFP 25/01/2012

Blondielicious
Angel
Angel

Postby KJ511 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:20 am

Here's my post about my latest appointment!

http://www.twoweekwait.com/preg/communi ... 31#2364931

Lisa and Charley, what pretty girl names! Love your boy names too, Charley! We are using Eleanor for our girl's middle name, after my grandma's sister. Still working on that first name though! We better get things figured out since we only have about 4 weeks to go! :lol:
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

The Zebra family! :)
KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Lisa614 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:32 am

Kelli, I hope you get your name figured out! Otherwise, maybe when see her you'll just know. Sounds like your appointment was good, I hope I have some sort of progress at mine too.

We had our infant care class last night. Honestly I think I've heard most of it, or it's common sense, but it still helps me feel a little more prepared. They did talk about and show pictures of what is normal and not for newborn baby appearances. Apparently there's all sorts of weird skin things they can have as they adjust to the outside world, and they're all totally normal. So that part was really nice. And we practiced swaddling on dolls, lol. But honestly, I've never swaddled before, so I enjoyed it. So a good class overall.
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

Postby Clairebear » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:53 am

Where is everyone?
I'm still waiting for my Charley girl to show herself

Officially overdue now, had a check up today but no exam so I have no idea about dilation or any of that stuff.

I've got the all clear to try at home induction techniques and another check up next Monday with a doc rather then a midwife in the event she's still hiding. Guessing if I make it to that appt we select an induction date.

Anyway ladies just wanted to update and check in
Its late here and I'm exhausted so I'll end it here but I'm looking forward to hearing from you all again

:) take care xx

Clairebear
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Lisa614 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:34 am

Clarie, sorry to hear your little one isn't here yet. I hope she decideds to come soon! What induction techniques are you trying? Keep us posted!
Me - 26, DH - 35
Married 6/14/08
DD born 8/31/12

Lisa614
Angel
Angel

PreviousNext

Return to Third Trimester