Cribs

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Cribs

Postby hopefullymaybe » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:39 am

I came here from the first trimester board looking for opinions. Where did you buy your crib and what brand did you buy?? I want a good quality one where the matching dresser is solid and doesn't have to be put together.
hopefullymaybe
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Cribs

Postby WinterBundle » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:41 pm

We bought the Oeuf Sparrow crib and matching dresser. The crib is very simple to put together and the dresser comes constructed. They are on the pricier side compared to some other options, but we wanted something high quality without toxic glues. The wood is also sustainably harvested so the whole collection is "eco-friendly." Plus the design is great! We also got the toddler bed conversion kit for the crib, so our daughter can use it for several years and we plan to use it for future kids...so that makes the price seem more reasonable. The dresser can be used as a changing table and then just a regular dresser, which we like as well.

Here's a link to the Oeuf furniture: http://www.oeufnyc.com/furniture.aspx

We ordered ours through Amazon (with free shipping!).

Good luck!
Me (27)
DH (32)
DD, born December 2012
Thinking about TTC #2 soon, but nervous after pre-e!
WinterBundle
Angel
Angel

Postby MorghanW » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:57 am

We actually found a crib with super good reviews that was really cheap (only 130). http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=10962008

We were just looking for something sturdy, because we're actually modifying it since I'm in a wheelchair. We're taking the front off and making a set of bars that fold open like closet doors. So, if you want something cheap but sturdy, this crib is supposedly pretty awesome. It comes in a bunch of colors I think.
Me: 31
DH: 33
:angel: 5/2005
DS: 2
DD: 1/19/2015 7lbs 9oz, 20.5 in @ 37w1d

MorghanW
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KJ511 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Lurking...

We got our crib at Target. It's the Delta Winter Park--only $129.99! I think we got it on sale too, but I can't remember the price. Anyway, we love it. Granted DD is only 8 weeks old, but she has slept in it since day one and does very well. Ours is the spiced cinnamon, but it comes in different colors. Here's a link:

http://www.target.com/p/delta-winter-pa ... ter%20park
Me (Kelli)-28
DH-31

The Zebra family! :)
KJ511
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Shannybaby » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:02 am

We got ours at walmart for our twins. They were $150 each. They are the graco laurens. They are good cribs but not as solid as I hoped and it scratches easily. ( lots of teeth marks, Should have used teething rails ) They haven't held up quite so well in the toddler years, they just turned 3, but they like to jump.
Shannon :hb: Adam
ImageImage
ImageImage
Our sweet baby girl, Aspen Greer, arrived March 1st 2013 at 4:30 am weighing 6lb 20in !! <3
Shannybaby
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Chardonnay » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:04 am

We got a Storkcraft crib for DS. I am so happy with it. No teeth marks, and only a few scratches. It's durable, heavier, and it goes into a toddler bed, day bed, and double bed.

Chardonnay
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Vinerunner » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:43 am

We bought our first crib from Target, the Graco Victoria. It was made in China and had some major issues. Had to send it back and get a refund. Went to Babies R Us and got an American made set. It was quite a bit pricer, but well worth the investment so far. The crib is beautiful and the dressers are solid wood, no particle board at all! We actually got the crib for free for buying the matching dressers. It is a set that can grow with our DD for many years.
Me-38 DH-37
Aug 2008-Began TTC
DD- Eva; 20 Mar 2013; 6lbs 10 oz
Mar 2014-TTC again
BFP-4 Sep 14!
It's a BOY!!!!
Vinerunner
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Third Trimester