Getting SO impatient

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Getting SO impatient

Postby easy_silence » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Patience has never been a virtue of mine- I should have known I would hve found the last weeks hard. :-/ Anyway, I have a first timer question here. This only just occurred to me this morning probably due to the fact that I am so afraid my baby will be late. So back when I first found out I was pregnant, I took a guess at my ovulation date. I had been charting for a few months before and saw that I ovulate early (cycle day 10/11). The month I got my BFP I did not chart. So, assuming that I ovulated at my usual day 10, my due date would have been march 31. But, when I had my first appoinent with my ob, he did an ultrasound and said that my baby was measuring 12 weeks, about a week and half further than I thought, bumping my due date back to March 23. Sorry for the book. I guess my question is which is more accurate- my suspected ovulation date or my doctor's due date which would have me ovulating really early (day 7)?
Me: 25
DH: 27

TTC #1 January 2013
Suspected cp December 24th, 2012
1st BFP ever!!! July 19, 2013
Olivia Grace born April 1, 2013
6 lb 15 oz, 20 in long and a whole lot of dark hair!
easy_silence

Re: Getting SO impatient

Postby BeccaM » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:56 pm

I've heard that in the first 10 - 12 weeks, an u/s on the baby is extremely accurate. I'd be surprised if it would be a whole week and a half off! But I could be wrong! Like you said, you didn't chart on that month, so you possibly did ovulate earlier. You might mention your concerns to your doctor, though. It might not be beneficial to have a due date over a week earlier than your possible "true" due date. They might try to induce or something based on due date, when you really wouldn't be overdue, etc...
Isaiah, born Nov 14th, 2010, @ 39 weeks, 2 days. 8 lbs 2 oz. All natural hospital delivery.
Simon, born Mar 23rd, 2013 @ 39 weeks, 3 days. 8 lbs 4 oz. Our first home birth!!

BeccaM
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Vinerunner » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:28 am

I agree with Becca that the early ultrasounds are pretty accurate.

I am right there with you on the whole impatient issue! I got pregnant while seeing an RE so I know exactly what date I conceived and tomorrow is exactly 40 wks with no sign of labor at all! I'm very frustrated. I just want to cry. My dr told me yesterday they will induce next week and I am very unhappy. :(

I hope your last few weeks go by smoothly! Good Luck!
Me-38 DH-37
Aug 2008-Began TTC
DD- Eva; 20 Mar 2013; 6lbs 10 oz
Mar 2014-TTC again
BFP-4 Sep 14!
It's a BOY!!!!
Vinerunner
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby easy_silence » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:39 am

Thanks so much for your replies, ladies! I want to go with what my doctor's due date is, but I think I will talk to him about it when I go for my 39 week appointment tomorrow. I remember giving them the date I think I ovulated but we shall see... Vinerunner- I have no labor signs either- or at least very few. I have been having occasional Braxton hicks, I have lost some of my plug but it's not bloody, and absolutely no change inside, as of last Friday. Here's hoping tomorrow brings some different news. As for not wanting to be induced, I am the same way. My doctor said he will induce me if my baby is a week late, which puts me at my other possible due date, like Becca said...Anyway, thanks again for the replies and I hope both of your deliveries go smoothly, just the way you would like them to go. :-)
Me: 25
DH: 27

TTC #1 January 2013
Suspected cp December 24th, 2012
1st BFP ever!!! July 19, 2013
Olivia Grace born April 1, 2013
6 lb 15 oz, 20 in long and a whole lot of dark hair!
easy_silence

Return to Third Trimester