belly sleeper

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

belly sleeper

Postby LC810 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:39 am

I'm a belly sleeper - now 28 weeks pregnant. Around 18 weeks or so, I started to get very uncomfortable sleeping on my belly. My husband bought me a Snoogle Loop pillow (see below) for Christmas. It really helped me sleep on my side. But, it never failed, I'd wake up during the night feeling like I put too much weight on my side for too long. You know that feeling your bottom gets when you've been sitting too long? Yeah, that's how my side would feel. Then I'd roll to the other side. Then I'd wake up when the other side felt like that. But it was too early to roll back to the first side...yada yada yada.

Finally, FINALLY, I figured out how to fold the pillow just right so that I could put my growing belly through the pillow hole and stay sleeping on my stomach. WONDERFUL!!! I'm finally sleeping well again - minus the need to pee several times.

Any other belly-sleepers out there have other tricks?

http://www.diapers.com/p/leachco-snoogl ... vory-84183
LC810

Re: belly sleeper

Postby babyhue » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:08 am

Ooh so glad for you. I've been uncomfortable at night. Got a body pillow that helps, but I've heard amazing things about the snoogle.
ImageImage

Image[/url]

babyhue
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: belly sleeper

Postby MegsIsMommy » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:25 am

With my first I did the same thing and so far sleeping mostly on belly too... It is a very good position actually as gravity helps ba get in proper position. :-) I usually sleep with one leg semi straight and the other bent at the knee all the way up next to my stomach to take direct pressure off my belly. So far this works but soon extra pillows/support will be included.
Megs {29} DH {32}
MegsIsMommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Third Trimester