To induce or not to induce?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

To induce or not to induce?

Postby easy_silence » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:09 am

Hi ladies.

I am 25 years old and this is my first baby. I was due on March 23, so I am 5 days "late". My ob has scheduled an induction for this Sunday-Easter- at 8pm. As of last Friday, I was still not dilated, although my baby girl's head is so low down, my dr said that when I do go into labor, she'll slide right out. (lol) I have been googleing my fingers off and I just do not know what to think! My family is mixed, most on the fence about it and dh wants me to do whatever I feel most comfortable doing. I am a little scared about being induced, and from what I have read and heard, some women had great experiences, while others said they had labors from hell... I have also been reading about Cervidil. Does anyone have experience with this? My dr told me he would use it. I know that it can just start labor on its own without needing Pitocin- that would be nice...anyway, I am just so down about all this. I didn't want to spend my last few weeks/days with her inside of me so worried, but I am also so very excited at the thought of having her in my arms- or at least actively working towards that- by Sunday. I don't know...any thoughts are much appreciated. Thank you in advance!!
Me: 25
DH: 27

TTC #1 January 2013
Suspected cp December 24th, 2012
1st BFP ever!!! July 19, 2013
Olivia Grace born April 1, 2013
6 lb 15 oz, 20 in long and a whole lot of dark hair!
easy_silence

Re: To induce or not to induce?

Postby selena » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:36 am

Hi there, I was due March 24, and still no baby also. I just tried a stretch and sweep yesterday (what I've read some articles refer to as a more "natural" form of induction. ) Also, for my last two children, I was induced and they did use cervadil and pitocin for those labors.
It's hard, IMO, for any one person to tell you what is right for you when it comes to the birth of your daughter, except maybe doctors who may deem it medically necessary, in which case I would take heed.
As for me, at this point there is no reason to medically induce labor so I'm waiting it out a little longer.
Trust me I know how much the anticipation of holding your l/o in your arms can be.
So there, I'm all out of verbal diarrhea, and I wish you the best with making YOUR decision.
selena
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to Third Trimester