Diaper Bags

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Diaper Bags

Postby OCT.4me » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:28 am

Well if I can add my input; my first baby everything seemed so important, a diaper bag a must. So I purchased on from Elder Beermen and discovered what a pain in the rear a purse plus bag could be!!!

So then by baby number two I got creative...making my diaper bag my purse, and getting a large bag type thing that had plenty of storage for my personal items as well. I thought this was the best idea yet and discovered once again, big is NOT the answer.

SO this is what works for my family size going to be four kids and two adults and see what you think.

I have a large bag I keep in the car at all times. It has everything for all my kids, so clothes and creams, to extra socks and underware, and then all the baby items inside of it too. So when I head into the store I take out one diaper, the bottle and a small pack of wipes, place it inside my small bag purse and we are good to go. Only if I am going to be in the mall for a long while do I ever take more then the norm, such as another outfit and extra formula, and paci. BUT the key is keeping your carry on light as baby weighs in enough and with other kids you need easy access, free hands and the less weight the better.
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby meganmarie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:59 am

I totally agree with you! With #1, I got the big diaper bag, along with the big stroller, and soon found myself swapping both for smaller, lighter options. For the bag, I ended up using a small bag that looked more like a purse and doubled as both b/c, as you said, carrying a diaper bag and purse was just too much. I never went anywhere for so long that I needed more than a couple of diapers, a burp rag, and a bottle. With #2, I just got a new purse that had a divided interior so my stuff went on one side and baby stuff went on the other. This time, I'm going to try using a 31 utility tote b/c I got one at a party recently. So, it will have to double as my purse as well. My Coach purse is getting pretty worn out, though, so the thought of getting a new purse that can work as a diaper bag too is awfully tempting....:-)
Team Green!

DD is 7, DS is 4

meganmarie
Angel
Angel

Postby OCT.4me » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Hey Megan, I don't know exactly what your using this time around as I never heard of it, BUT my purse/bag is so worn out from the last baby it got pitched. The purse I have now is a vera bradley and while its a bag purse, it doesn't have a lot of compartments. The most important one being the side one that can hold a bottle and the zipper side pocket, to keep my items separate from baby.

I am keeping my eyes open for something that will do but so far no luck. I don't like the idea of a backpack mainly because I don't want anything that has to hang on me. A bag to toss into a stroller or cart is more ideal.
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby meganmarie » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:11 am

This is what I'm using: http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/catalog/product/27/
It's more utilitarian in design, but it's definitely got the organization and pockets covered, and also comes in a wide range of colors. Mine is the Patchwork Paisley.

Team Green!

DD is 7, DS is 4

meganmarie
Angel
Angel

Postby Bumpkins » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:06 pm

I also sell Thirty-One and I have this coming in the mail :) I LOVE IT!!! It comes in 3 other colors too. Here is a youtube video about it too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXnYV_AIu7Q

4226590F.jpg
4226590F.jpg (23.71 KiB) Viewed 3165 times

http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/catalog/p ... swid/590f/
3 Angel Babies :( early miscarriages
Bumpkins
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby NotBarbaraBush » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:11 am

I got a nice $30 backpack with a lifetime warranty.
NotBarbaraBush
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BPicton1 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Im using this, as it has a lot of extra features to it.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3930966
BPicton1

Postby mgresham21 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:37 am

I sell 31 also and I used the large utility totes and retro metro for diaper bags with my older two.... But since I have two toddlers that will require snacks and entertainment plus baby stuff and my items, I ordered this one months ago when I had a party an got it for free and will use it for my diaper bag this time....

http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/catalog/p ... swid/821a/
Marie-26
Justin-26
Dd1-3
Dd2-2

Expecting#3!!!!

mgresham21
Angel
Angel

Postby Menehune » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:02 pm

jess, here's what was recommended for twins...could work for infant + toddler combo, too:

http://www.skiphop.com/product/duodoublediaperbag.html

best,
m
Nearly 5 years TTC#1
IVF #1 June 2013, Long lupron, follistim/menopur, 11x5-day blasts, freeze all due to OHSS
8/23/13 FET 3x5-day blasts transferred, BFP 6dp5dt, betas 380 @ 10dp5dt, 810 @ 12dp5dt, 38,185 @ 22dp5dt, U/S 9/26 Twins!
B/G twins arrived at 34w+3d, spent 13 & 21 d in NICU
Menehune

Postby Sarbear819 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:29 pm

Anyone have any experience with JJ Cole? I just registered for this one: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... search&cp=

I have been a little obsessed with the diaper bag search. I don't know why...I've been so decisive about everything else. But, this has been a hard decision for me. I think it is because (long story) we can't really work on the nursery until April, so all of my nesting has gone into choosing random things on my registry. So, I have looked at a zillion diaper bags. I was torn between Skip Hop and JJ Cole. I don't love super girly things, so although Petunia Pickle Bottoms are really cute, they aren't me. But, I wanted something that looked moderately stylish. I feel like $70-$80 is at the high end of what I feel comfortable regsistering for.

Anyone have experience with a JJ Cole bag or have another brand that they would recommend?

BTW- I just crossed over into third trimester yesterday! Woooooohoooooo! :) :)
Sarbear819
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby mgresham21 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:09 pm

I recommend 31 bags.....
Marie-26
Justin-26
Dd1-3
Dd2-2

Expecting#3!!!!

mgresham21
Angel
Angel

Postby lovebug84 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:39 pm

I got a carters Pink and black, mostly black one. I went for cheap and afordable. I also sell 31, and didn't find one I wanted. I however like the hostess gift but you can't buy it outright for yourself.

I will be using my organic ppink and black lunch tote from 31 for breastmilk storage when returning to work and pumping.
Me:29 DH:43
TTC#3 for me #1 for him.
Cycle #2 :bfp: September 5th, 2013.
Beta#1: 6
Beta #2: 50
Beta #3: 585
Beta #4: 3589
Beta #5: 18853 (6w2d)
Beta #6: 30272 (6w4d)
U/S 9/27 HB 110 everything looked normal.

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
lovebug84
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby mgresham21 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Lovebug I have the hostess exclusive, suite success tote, in big dot, from a $1200 party I had back in September...

Also have a zip top organizing utility tote in navy wave, and this month I'm getting the all pro tote in coral punch.

Maybe a little over kill? Oh well, I am a walking advertisement.
Marie-26
Justin-26
Dd1-3
Dd2-2

Expecting#3!!!!

mgresham21
Angel
Angel

Postby Neal3 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:30 am

Hey i have bought Coach diaper bag and found it very comfortable to carry. I used to keep every important thing in it and it has capacity to keep the things safe.
Neal3

Previous

Return to Third Trimester