itchy palms and soles of feet

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

itchy palms and soles of feet

Postby jennellis » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:43 am

hey girls

I have been having very itchy palms and soles of feet for about a week now. No rash it just itches really bad. I got on the internet and looked it up and it was all bad stuff... wish I hadnt looked.

Anyone else ever had this?
jennellis
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: itchy palms and soles of feet

Postby You&MePlus3 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:26 pm

no, I haven't...have you called your oB?
DH-43, Me(Amy)-37, DD 8, DS 7, DS 4 and expecting another sweet baby BOY in June 2013
You&MePlus3
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: itchy palms and soles of feet

Postby LC810 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:11 pm

I have it now - being followed by the doctor. It could be a condition called intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy. It is almost always harmless to mom (minus the itching). It can cause problems for the baby as you get closer to your due date.

Talk to your doctor about it. The confirmation labs take at least a week to come back. If you're preterm, they'll send off the labs. If the labs confirm this condition, they'll prep your baby to be born around 36 weeks. If you're already at term, they don't bother with the confirmation labs and just deliver.

I started getting symptoms at 36.5 weeks - too early to deliver, too late to send labs. We're just monitoring and controlling symptoms until my 37-week visit next week. If I'm still itchy, we're scheduling delivery.

Talk to your doctor though - Early intervention is key. Ignoring the problem won't help you or the baby.
LC810

Return to Third Trimester