Third Trimester Mood Swings from @#$!

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Third Trimester Mood Swings from @#$!

Postby witchmagpie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:59 am

Hi everyone,

I go into my third trimester this Tuesday, and I have noticed this week that I am getting mood swings and depression alternating with extreme high energy cleaning and nesting. Anyone else going through this? What helps you? I cleaned like a mad woman for four days straight only to burst into tears the fifth day because I couldn't tell it had made a difference at all and I've been grouchy and depressed ever since. I hate this. I love being pregnant, but I hate being so extreme in my moodiness.

Jenn
[list]
[*]me 41, DH 46
[*]PCOS, low progesterone, HSG/SHG done-blocked tubes opened
[*] male factor-low count, poor morphology
[*] 1st IVF cycle successful-singleton born 7/7/13
[*] 2nd IVF cycle failed-mc at 7 weeks 12/9/14
[*] Natural BFP 5/11/15 but very low HCG-waiting to see if numbers double of if chemical occurs
witchmagpie

Re: Third Trimester Mood Swings from @#$!

Postby kimberlina23 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:57 pm

I've been sooo moody the past week as well. It's super frustrating, but I'm trying to let myself off the hook about it... pregnancy hormones are CRAZYYYYY.
Check out my blog (with weekly pregnancy updates and other fun things!) www.blendingbeautiful.com

Image Image

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
kimberlina23
Angel
Angel

Postby moondreamer » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Ive been super moody as well. I bought the DH a propane bbq for our anniversary and while I was trying to put it together I almost had a complete melt down. Which is totally not like me.
-------------------------------
Me -35
DH-32
DS-1
Fur babies- 3
moondreamer
Angel
Angel

Postby witchmagpie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:48 pm

I broke my littelest right toe today...twice within an hour (yes I broke it in two places in two separate incidents...don't ask) and I had a major meltdown with the last break. My adult daughter was terrified and thought I was injured worse than I was based on my sobbing, but it was just the emotional meltdown that accompanied breaking the darn thing again after having just injured it an hour earlier. Now I'm a slug and depressed and don't want to do anything :p

Jenn
[list]
[*]me 41, DH 46
[*] Natural BFP 5/11/15 but very low HCG-waiting to see if numbers double of if chemical occurs
witchmagpie

Postby moondreamer » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 pm

Witchmagpie- oh my goodness! That made my little toe hurt just reading about it! Take care of yourself. :)
-------------------------------
Me -35
DH-32
DS-1
Fur babies- 3
moondreamer
Angel
Angel

Postby aquamoon » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:33 am

Me too ladies! All of a sudden in the past month or so I am just crazy emotional and tearing up over basically nothing. I can't even tell you how many times I have gotten teary while reading my "preparing for the first year" baby book. They're like "look into your baby's eyes and connect while you change her diaper" and I start crying. It is truly insane!

I've had a few emotional breakdowns on my poor hubby over stupid stuff too. I feel like such a crazy person. The other night he brought me Taco Bell (I usually like it...) and I took one look at it and started crying like a nut...I couldn't even talk. I was like..."I want to eat...sob...a healthy dinner...sniff sniff..."

Such a roller-coaster!
ImageImage
10-28-12 BFP!
11-19-12 HB 120
12-27-12 HB 150s
01-17-13 HB 144
02-21-13 HB 145, 13 oz, GIRL!!!

aquamoon
Star Member
Star Member

Postby JackiP » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:52 am

Ow! Take care lady, hope it feels better soon.

Oh yeah, crazy b*tch here! Waves hand. I don't even like myself right now, my poor husband. Some days I'm fine, but other days, hell no. I'm just mean, nasty and grumpy. Then I cry and I get a shitty migrane. Meh. Looking forward to this passing!

JackiP
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby witchmagpie » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:01 pm

I wonder how much of my moodiness is exacerbated by the fact that my husband and family members are @#$@% twits lately. Normally my dh is calm and rational, but he's been so worried about money and everything that he's been overreacting to stupid petty crap and it's making me want to drop kick him into the next century. My dad also is making me crazy with some of his ignorant comments on baby names choices. I've lost my temper with both of them more than once in the last couple of weeks. It's just harder to not kill the idiots right now...

Doesn't help that my 19 year old daughter has been in early labor for two weeks now and I am sleep deprived from worries over her and the nerve pain in my neck and back.

GRRRRRRRR.....I am snarly and grumpy.

Jenn
[list]
[*]me 41, DH 46
witchmagpie

Postby littlemunskin » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:11 am

HI ladies

Same here, a real basket case. I have anemia right now and makes me feel like such a failure because i can not take proper care of my son and husband. I do a little something and i am dead tired and out of breath. I cry a lot and get mad a lot (poor husband) I sometimes get depressed and wonder what the hell was i thinking about wanting another child, i can not even take care of my son etc....

I am counting the days until my daughter is here so that i can start feeling better!

Julie
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/20595e

M/C 11 Jan 10 at 10 weeks and 4 days ''We love you little one;
Son James Tiberius William born December 8, 2010
Me 42
husband 32
TTC for #2 Preggers 25/11/2011 ** a gestational sac but no baby **
TTC #2 Preggers 28-09-12 ***** strong heartbeat at 7 weeks and 4 days

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
littlemunskin

Postby daydreams83 » Thu May 02, 2013 4:19 am

I got my hair cut last night, and got straight-across bangs for the first time...and then proceeded to cry on the drive home about having a new hairstyle!
Baby #1 due 7/24/13!!
11/16/12: BFP!
12/17/12: 1st u/s, saw heartbeat
1/14/13: 1st time hearing heartbeat :hb: 170 bpm
1/18/13: 2nd u/s! :hb: 162 bpm
3/11/13: :hb: 145 bpm - IT'S A GIRL!!
5/3/13: 3rd u/s! :hb: 143 bpm, Weight: 2 lb. 10 oz.
ImageImage Image
daydreams83
Angel
Angel

Postby witchmagpie » Thu May 02, 2013 4:45 am

Today I descended into I-hate-everyone-land, but I think I know why. My daughter had her baby on last Friday and no one is getting enough sleep now. I was awake 24+ hours in a row with only 2 hours sleep beforehand on the day she gave birth. I've been taking care of her and the grandbaby ever since. All this plus being 28 weeks pregnant myself. I'm so tired it's dangerous. My blood sugar is whacky too. I have GD, but suddenly my sugar is dropping uncontrollably all the time and I'm constantly too low for my comfort (shakiness, weepiness, brian fog). Watching my dd with my grandson just reminds me that the hormonal roller coaster will not end with child birth :p

Jenn
[list]
[*]me 41, DH 46
witchmagpie

Postby armywife1980 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:46 pm

I am not new into the 3rd tri I guess, but my mood is all over the place. I tend to be an emotional mess when pregnant with boys though. I want to cry at everything and smother my husband with my pillow due to his snoring. My teenaged sons(16 in March) are driving me insane with their narcissism, my toddler yells "mommy" all day for no reason, has started temper tantrums, and my preteen daughter has hit her, "I'm depressed, I don't like anybody" stage. Oh and after much discussion my husband decided he was done with the military after his contract ends but then day before yesterday tells me he's considering re-enlisting. It seems nobody around here has their shit together but me and I want to bitch slap them all but the 2 youngest ones. Sorry about your toe mama! I've never broken a bone but something like that would put me over the top I think. I want to cry about everything here lately too and my GD is not cooperating despite my stellar diet so I'm expecting to be put on insulin injections come Monday. I'm so over being pregnant and would love a few appletinis which won't happen even after baby is here because I nurse.
Brandie (33) DH (32) Twin Boys (15) DD#1 (11) DD#2 (1yr)
Alyssa Marie 7/20/12 @ 7lb 11oz & 21in long
armywife1980
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Third Trimester