Protein in pee

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Protein in pee

Postby coastieschick » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:23 pm

So b/c my little guy has an umbilical cord issue (only 1 artery vs the normal 2) I started going to the Dr 2x a week this week & will for the rest of my pregnancy to do 2 NST's a week and 1 u/s.

Well at my appt. on Mon. I had protein in my urine. They sent me home with a 24 hour urine sample kit b/c they want to rule out pre-eclampsia. I go back Thursday for my 2nd NST this week and I'm hoping they can test and have results by the time I'm done with that appt. My blood pressure has been high once or twice but nothing consistent and the protein is the only pre-e symptom I seem to have. (slight swelling in my feet if I do too much, but nothing major or as bad as I had with DS#1)

Anyways, can you have pre-e and no sxs except the protein? Can that mean anything else? They mentioned that I was at the low end for amniotic fluid too so deff. not the best appt. ever :?
I'm 32, going on 33 weeks and I'm just wondering if at this point they would bother putting me on bed rest of just deliver. DS was measuring just shy of 5lbs on Monday. (I saw dehydration mentioned someplace but I'm drinking the same amount as I usually do so, IDK)

I had such an easy pregnancy with DS#1 and I feel like this time its been one thing after another...
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Protein in pee

Postby witchmagpie » Sat May 04, 2013 2:45 am

I know when my SIL was pregnant with her daughter she had protein in her urine, but they weren't calling it pre-eclampsia. I remember she was very concerned and puzzled, as were her doctors. The good news is that the pregnancy turned out fine with momma and baby being healthy and well.

I wish I had mmore details to provide to you :/

Jenn
[list]
[*]me 41, DH 46
[*]PCOS, low progesterone, HSG/SHG done-blocked tubes opened
[*] male factor-low count, poor morphology
[*] 1st IVF cycle successful-singleton born 7/7/13
[*] 2nd IVF cycle failed-mc at 7 weeks 12/9/14
[*] Natural BFP 5/11/15 but very low HCG-waiting to see if numbers double of if chemical occurs
witchmagpie

Postby coastieschick » Sat May 04, 2013 5:17 am

No that's at least something, thanks. I went in Thursday my NST went good, he had a few accelerations in HB but they didn't seem concerned about that. I go back Monday and I'm hoping that we can get the results of my 24hr test since I had to re-do it. My blood pressure was still in the normal range though so, IDK...
coastieschick
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rosie-o » Sat May 25, 2013 3:23 pm

I was told at my last app that protein in pee can be a sign of an auto immune condition but that pregnancy will give false positives if you test for it now.
Me: 31
DH: 30
DD1: 2nd Feb 2010
:angel2: Sept 2011 @ 9 weeks
DD2: stillborn March 2012
DS: 31st Aug 2013
Rosie-o
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Third Trimester