Trouble sleeping?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Trouble sleeping?

Postby Txjess4 » Wed May 29, 2013 11:30 am

Any other third tri mamas out there having trouble gettin a good nights sleep? This just started for me and some nights I want to cry because I just can't fall asleep :-/ it seems to me I not only have restless leg syndrome bu restless body syndrome as well!! I lay there and feel like anything that touches my skin feels like a creepy crawly sensation and I can't stop moving around to try and make it stop..then when I finally do fall asleep I have to flip sides constantly or get up to pee. I've been waking up a lot on my back as it seems my body can only get comfortable in that position!

Then morning comes and I'm a zombie :-/ repeat cycle again the next night. Any other mama want to commiserate with me? Share tips? I hope I'm not the only one!

Second Little one EDD: 7/13/16
Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Trouble sleeping?

Postby darlingdixie51 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:42 pm

You are definitely not the only one. I have never been a side sleeper and unfortunately that is the only way I can sleep (or rather try and sleep). I have woke up on my back a few times, but man is it painful when I try to move from that position. While sleeping on my side, I think I have to flip sides every hour on the hour because of the pinching nerve in my hips. Wish I had some tips, but just haven't found anything to work for me just yet. I know it is slightly better with a pillow or comforter tucked between the knees, but still not 100% comfortable.
darlingdixie51
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby LeslieLou » Wed May 29, 2013 3:34 pm

I am also really struggling with this. I have developed carpal tunnel and my hands and arms go numb at night if I am lying down. It sucks. I also am struggling with congestion and/or heartburn constantly so with these three combined I get almost no sleep. :(
LeslieLou
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Txjess4 » Wed May 29, 2013 3:57 pm

Ahh the struggles of the third tri...I keep telling myself I'm in the homestretch but 11 weeks seems like such a long time to go sleep deprived lol..well and ten the baby comes so more like 18 years of sleep deprivation haha

Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rosie-o » Wed May 29, 2013 11:36 pm

This is me 100%.

I get up at least 5 times a night to pee and am always waking on my back. It happened with my DD as well so I'm not too worried about it. Although I'm really starting to feel overtired during the day. I go on mat leave soon so it won't matter as much. Yeah, just think how good you'll feel getting up a couple of times to a baby instead of every hour to the toilet! It'll be such an improvement! :)
Me: 31
DH: 30
DD1: 2nd Feb 2010
:angel2: Sept 2011 @ 9 weeks
DD2: stillborn March 2012
DS: 31st Aug 2013
Rosie-o
Star Member
Star Member

Postby reMaizie » Thu May 30, 2013 5:47 pm

I was always a stomach sleeper, and that hasn't worked for over 3 months :x I wake up to roll over every 45 minutes or so and wake up the next day exhausted. The nurse midwife suggested Benadryl, and that does work (only wake up every hour and a half, LOL) but I wake up feeling hung over - so I can't use it if I need to go to work in the morning.

Someone remind me in about 3 months that I said this: I'm looking forward to being woken up every 2 hours to feed the LO - at least then I can sleep on my stomach!!
:babyg: Piper was due August 28th, rescheduled with a planned c-section August 23rd, and arrived on her own schedule via c-section August 18th :babyg:
reMaizie

Postby Txjess4 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:28 am

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Don't know if any of you ladies are struggling with RLS but I am and it's so terrible!! Last night in desperation I did an old wives tale I found online that people were swearing by..and I stuck a bar
Of soap under the fitted sheet down by my feet...and it worked!! I'm really praying it's not a fluke and I have no idea why it would work but it did!! Hopefully that can help someone else :)

Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rosie-o » Fri May 31, 2013 1:42 pm

How interesting!! I'll definitely try it tonight- I get such bad RLS (and didn't get it with DD). My back is also hurting so much when I sleep on my side........ got an old wives tale remedy for that?? ;)
Me: 31
DH: 30
DD1: 2nd Feb 2010
:angel2: Sept 2011 @ 9 weeks
DD2: stillborn March 2012
DS: 31st Aug 2013
Rosie-o
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Txjess4 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:56 pm

Haha no ol wives tale for that Rosie! I just make sure I have a pillow between my legs to even out the spine as much as possible..I still wake up stiff and sore though!

Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Third Trimester