Is this normal...?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Is this normal...?

Postby Txjess4 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:56 pm

I've been having a lot of pressure and some random shooting pain in my Vajayjay over the last few days that make me stop and catch my breath! The pressure is crazy especially when walking or standing, and I feel like my bladder is full constantly. It's forcing me to reallllly slow down, and I'm not sure if this is just normal 3rd tri stuff or should I be concerned? I just turned 31 weeks and this little guy needs to stay put for at least 6 more weeks!

Second Little one EDD: 7/13/16
Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Is this normal...?

Postby meganmarie » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:03 am

I haven't had any of that yet, but did the last two times. It's likely the baby pushing on that area either with it's head or feet. Good times! :-)
Team Green!

DD is 7, DS is 4

meganmarie
Angel
Angel

Postby AmberLoo1022 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:41 am

Jess, I have definitely been having what you are describing. I think its pretty normal. I mentioned it to my midwife she said its more than likely the "lightening crotch" thing. She said most likely his head is down there, and when we walk or move, he bounces up and down, coming down right on our cervix sending the shooting pain. And the babies are running out of room already pretty much so I bet they are laying right on our bladders, making them feel full almost 24/7.
ImageImageImageImage
AmberLoo1022
Angel
Angel

Postby Txjess4 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:03 am

I really hope you guys are right haha..I keep thinking worst case scenario (obviously because I'm crazy haha) like I'm dilating or he's goin to come early! Which I don't want! Amber I had a crazy melt down yesterday...it was terrible..like snot streaming down my face, sobbing lol. DH had a boys night and got home late and I was lonely and Bear kept causing "lightening crotch" and I couldn't get comfortable and I was worried..you know the perfect storm! Then I kept feeling guilty because I was thinking there's no way I can do this for 9 more weeks, but in my heart I know I want him to stay in there til his due date..then. I felt like a bad mom. It was probably the worlds worst downward spiral o negative thinking haha. Luckily DH got home and was such a sweetheart..which almost made me feel worse! I think my hormones are taking over my life!!

Amber, I have been thinking about you and haven't heard much from you lately! You and little Judge doing ok?? How are you feeling? Oh also have you talked to daydreams lately? I have been wondering about her!

Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby AmberLoo1022 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:40 am

I feel like we have a lot of the same "symptoms" and feelings like right around the same time Jess! Seriously. I have been having the lightening crotch for a few weeks now, more so in the last week or two though. And Im leaving for a long road trip tomorrow (Going to Iowa from Central Texas, so its about a 14 hour drive) and I keep freaking out thinking I might be dialating. But how do I know? I have no idea. Im just praying to God that my baby is ok, and that he will be ok on this trip. And we make it home completely safe. I told my DH that we can not fight whatsoever on our trip. I do not want to feel stressed at all. I don't want to freak my body out.
BTW you are not a bad mom at all hun! Don't think that! Everyone has those feelings from time to time, and its ok. You can do this! 9 weeks seems like so long from now, right now. But just think about 9 weeks ago! It seems like that was just yesterday. So our due dates are right around the corner. I cant believe that this month is already half way over, and in about two weeks we will be able to say the our babies are due next month!! AAAHHHH!!!

I have been good girl! Just staying busy busy busy. Like I said on facebook, Ive had to learn recently to take things slow. Im working a lot, and I just did the nursery, trying to get our house baby ready and stuff. I am disgusted by this, but Im going to say it anyways...Ive been dealing with fleas in the house! OMG I know. Its so gross. I think its taken care of now. I have no idea how our dog got them and brought them in the house, but she did. So the past week Ive been battling that. But other than that, Judge and I are doing well! He is getting so big. It is so weird, like I feel like Im getting bigger, but sometimes I look at my belly and I don't look bigger... if that makes sense. I feel small for 30 weeks. But at the same time I feel huge. Ive gained so much weight, and although I don't mind, I do sometimes feel like a whale. My thighs are now thunder thighs, and my butt is disgusting. Ive always had a bigger butt, but its not only big, its WIDE now. I am so in love with my belly though. I cant stop looking at it. I love to see Judge move around. I am loving being pregnant. With the exception of the terrible pains Ive been having underneath my breast and the vahjayjay pains. Haha! But I guess I can deal with those so long as my boy is healthy healthy healthy!
And I haven't heard much from Daydreams. Our board over on the TTC side has all moved over to Facebook. So I have a few of them as friends of facebook, Alma being one of them. As far as I can tell from there she and Baby Girl are doing good.
ImageImageImageImage
AmberLoo1022
Angel
Angel

Postby daydreams83 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Hey ladies!! :D I'm still here and doing good! I responded back to you in the July board Jess. :) Since a big part of our group moved over to FB, I've been horrible about getting on here. I haven't even been on to lurk in over a month. Eek! Anyways - sounds like you've got good little boys in there who have found the head-down position!! :) Once Ava settled into a constant head-down position, I noticed that pain a LOT, as well as the increased bladder (and sometimes rectal) pressure. For a while there she was flip-flopping between feet down, transverse (my LEAST favorite - ow!!!) and head-down before finally settling into head-down. :) She still likes to stretch her feet all the way out to my right for some reason - I can literally feel her toes stretching out the side of my uterus - OUCH! Not sure what her obsession is with that LOL. I can only guess she's gonna be long-legged like her Mommy and Daddy. Ha! Have you noticed any kicking up into your ribs or anything like that? That's a good indication too that your little guys are head down, although mine doesn't bother mine much since I'm long-torsoed and don't really have that issue. The bladder pressure gets awfully intense though, especially since I've been fighting nasty bronchitis for a week now... let's just say I had some coughing fits that resulted in some leakage. Yay for having maxi pads on hand still. ;)
Baby #1 due 7/24/13!!
11/16/12: BFP!
12/17/12: 1st u/s, saw heartbeat
1/14/13: 1st time hearing heartbeat :hb: 170 bpm
1/18/13: 2nd u/s! :hb: 162 bpm
3/11/13: :hb: 145 bpm - IT'S A GIRL!!
5/3/13: 3rd u/s! :hb: 143 bpm, Weight: 2 lb. 10 oz.
ImageImage Image
daydreams83
Angel
Angel

Postby kimberlina23 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:22 pm

This is TOTALLY normal.

I've been having this since mid second tri and it's gotten significantly more intense as baby girl has gotten bigger. I wouldn't worry about dilation unless you're having cramping/burning symptoms and/or lots of BH contractions. I was dilated to 1 at 31 weeks but I have had a VERY active uterus since 15 weeks and lots of that cramping. And even being slightly dilated, there's no guarantee I'll go into early labor.

To help ease the pressure and pain, I recommend bending over at a 90 degree and angle and rocking your hips. I stand up straight and bend at the waist with my arms on the bed or on the back of the couch. Then I sway my hips around and it seems to help. Another good one is childs pose, since it can help draw the baby up out of your pelvis a bit and give you a little break.

Hope that helps, mama!
Check out my blog (with weekly pregnancy updates and other fun things!) www.blendingbeautiful.com

Image Image

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
kimberlina23
Angel
Angel

Postby Txjess4 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:21 am

Hey girls! Its like a TTC side reunion on this thread lol :D

Amber, I think we are seriously pregnancy twins right now haha. I don't know how much weight I've gained as I haven't weighed myself in about two weeks! EEK! I'm guessing at least 25 lbs which seems like a lot considering I still have 8-9 weeks to go! But I totally know what you mean about your belly not feeling as big as it should..what I feel like happened to me is that I showed really quickly and got pretty big pretty fast, and now its kind of slowed down a little bit as far as getting bigger. For a while there my every two weeks pics showed a BIG difference each time, but now its not quite as shocking a difference, kwim? You def need to take it easy on that road trip! You and DH need to make a no fighting pact (I know traveling, especially in a car can be stressful for anyone!). We have lots of traveling this month too-last weekend we were in Padre, this weekend we have an out of town wedding, and the last weekend in June we're going to Corpus...I'm excited about all of these things, but the closer we get to delivering the less I want to be too far from home, JUST IN CASE! You never know when these little men will decide to make their debuts lol. I would just relax in the car rides, drink plenty of water, and make sure you stop and walk every so often to help with swelling--I hope its a fun trip! Omg, I hate fleas. We had that one summer at our old house and it was RIDICULOUS! We finally got it under control with this medicine called Comfortis--A TOTAL LIFE SAVER. It killed every flea, egg, etc on our dog and cat and lasts for a whole month. We also sprayed around the house and one treatment did the trick. You have to get a prescription for it from the vet but its totally worth it if you are still having problems!

Daydreams, yay!! Long time no see girl!! I'll have to read your update, but I'm super happy to hear you and Ava are doing great! Bear has been head down every US and the last two midwife appointments (which I know he can def still flip flop around in the next few weeks before he settles) but I think you are right! He's probably just sitting really low down there and bouncing on my cervix/bladder lol. I try and talk to him every day and ask him to be a good boy and move up, but he's already not listening to me lol :roll: I do feel a lot of small movements up by my ribs, but like you I have a longer torso (which is weird because I'm actually quite short!) so the rib kicks haven't been too uncomfortable yet. I'd almost rather have crazy rib pain at this point then the lightening crotch haha. I haven't had any crazy pee leakage episodes yet **knock on wood** but I've come close a few times. After every ALMOST accident, I'm reminded to KEGEL my a** off, so I guess that's good lol.

Kimberlina, man that little girl has been putting you through the ringer these last few weeks!! She's gonna be a wiggle worm when she comes earthside! I'm glad to hear that this seems to be totally normal...I had a much better day yesterday and am trying to keep a positive attitude that this is all part of my body gearing up to get this little man out, and just trying to tell myself I can do it! Love the exercise recommendations to get him to move a little...since I've slowed down a LOT on my real daily exercise, I've been doing a lot of the daily exercises from Spinning Babies and just trying to get him in a good position. So hopefully they work!

You ladies are awesome, and love catching up with ya'll :)

Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rosie-o » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:30 pm

I've had the shooting pains the last few days- OUCH!!! Never had them with DD but have heard others have had them.

I also have Braxton hicks every day and some days very often- midwives said not to worry unless they get painful. Hoping this means my uterus is going to be super toned when the time comes! ;)
Me: 31
DH: 30
DD1: 2nd Feb 2010
:angel2: Sept 2011 @ 9 weeks
DD2: stillborn March 2012
DS: 31st Aug 2013
Rosie-o
Star Member
Star Member

Postby LeslieLou » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:51 am

I also get these fairly often and have attributed it to lightning crotch. It usually happens when I am walking...
LeslieLou
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Robbie88 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:29 am

I have been having this for a while! Since around 18 weeks which trips me out a little bit, but I feel much better after reading this thread! My active little boo thinks that doing an irish jig on my cervix is fun apparently!

I have been having lots of BH which does freak me out a bit if I am being honest.. so hard to know truly what is "normal" when it is your first.. because everything is so new.. I try and drink water and move positions and things.. but I usually have 3-4 back to back and then they go away.. but doing the things listed above does not seem to help. They are not consistent though so I am trying to not stress out about it and believe that it is just my body acting like my mind tends to and OVER preparing and EARLY :P

I love seeing so many familiar names from the TTC side.. I flip flop between it feeling like it was so long since I was on that side to it being like wow! It wasn't that long ago.
Robbie88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby daydreams83 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:45 pm

Jess - Yay for Bear being head-down!! Good boy. :D I kept getting so paranoid Ava might decide to move back into head-up position for some reason, but thankfully she gets the hiccups so often (3-4 times daily) it's the constant reminder that she's still where she needs to be since I feel them super duper low. :D

It's really hard NOT to be paranoid when your body is experiencing all these feelings!! Haha Robbie you hit the nail right on the head with the mind and body trying to prepare early! Yesterday, I started having more intense pains down there which literally felt like she was trying to pry me open at the same time!! Never had that before, and it happened all day long. When it first happened, I was walking with a bottle of Static Guard and it flew right out of my hands the pain startled me so much lol. Just a more intense version of "lightening crotch" I s'pose - although I'm very curious now though if I'm at all dilated or effaced! I have a checkup next Monday and I think this is the first of the internal checks (wooo...) so I guess I'll see. :) A friend of mine was dilated 3 cm an entire month before her son was born!!
Baby #1 due 7/24/13!!
11/16/12: BFP!
12/17/12: 1st u/s, saw heartbeat
1/14/13: 1st time hearing heartbeat :hb: 170 bpm
1/18/13: 2nd u/s! :hb: 162 bpm
3/11/13: :hb: 145 bpm - IT'S A GIRL!!
5/3/13: 3rd u/s! :hb: 143 bpm, Weight: 2 lb. 10 oz.
ImageImage Image
daydreams83
Angel
Angel

Return to Third Trimester