Birthing Videos?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Birthing Videos?

Postby Robbie88 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:56 am

Also posted this in Labour and Delivery but I thought there might be some helpful suggestions here too:

Hi Ladies!

My husband and I are expecting our first in September and we are trying to get as prepared as possible.. thinking about going to the local library or the store to rent some DVDs on birth!

I want a natural birth (as much as possible..) I will be in a hospital, no water birth, my mother and my MIL might be in and aout of the room during labour but only my husband will be with me at the very end..

I just don't know where to start! Anything with relaxation techniques, videos of births, or other helpful information..

Suggestions super welcom
Robbie88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Birthing Videos?

Postby kimberlina23 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:12 pm

you should pick up the book "birthing fro within"... it has lots of great techniques to practice. my favorite ones have you hold a big handful of ice for 1 minute "contractions". it's surprisingly intense and really helps practice your breathing.
Check out my blog (with weekly pregnancy updates and other fun things!) www.blendingbeautiful.com

Image Image

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
kimberlina23
Angel
Angel

Postby Cookie911 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:41 am

I have that birthing from within book. I even did the ice thing! Held it to the inside of my wrist for a minute Etc. I've given birth naturally twice,
And that ice ain't shit! Lol! It's really bad...all you can do is just not be scared because the only thing that is bad is getting scared that it hurts too much and that it can't be normal to hurt that much. It is. It hurts like nothing you can physically even imagine. All encompassing pain, but it is NORMAL. The fear is the bad part. Don't let it creep in! You'll rock that birth :)
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Robbie88 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:49 am

thanks ladies! so far i am feeling relatively calm about labour and trusting myself... i really think my hubby would do wellw ith some techniques though haha i think he is feeling super overwhelmed about what he is supposed to "do"
Robbie88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Txjess4 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Robbie are you taking a birth class? We took a birthing from within class and my husban LOVED it...it not only teaches you pain coping techniques (and I say coping because obviously it will be painful--but learning how to deal with the pain effectively rather than freaking out is key!) but it also really incorporates your partner..you learn how you best deal wit pain and how he can help you! We also hired a doula who is a great support not just for me but for my husband as well..she is amazing :)

Second Little one EDD: 7/13/16
Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Robbie88 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:44 pm

we wanted to take a class.. but all the ones in my area are super time limited and im finding it challenging to find one that works for us!
Robbie88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Txjess4 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:08 pm

Dang...well I know ours offered private sessions or accelerated weekend style courses? It's so worth it! Especially if you're wanting to go as natural as possible!

Second Little one EDD: 7/13/16
Txjess4
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Cookie911 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:17 pm

A doula is a great idea! You would be fine though if
You can't take a class. I never did. It's honestly just about the fear thing I was mentioning. It's so painful, it's indescribable. You turn into some kind of animalistic version of yourself. As long as
You don't think"omg this hurts too bad. Something has to be wrong" no. It just hurts that bad. But it's gonna be over so soon and you'll
Hold your baby!!! And it was only mega bad like that during transition and that lasted a very short time for me (45 mins), as I'm
Sure it will you too. The beginning of labor is absolutely manageable! You'll do so great. My husband was worried too :)
Cookie911
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Robbie88 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:11 am

Thanks for the encouragement! I am just trying to constantly remind myself.. my body was made to do this and it is pain with a purpose!
Robbie88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby waiting41more » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi Robbie,
I used hypnobabies with my last birth. I did the home study. Here is the link
https://www.hypnobabies.com/self-study/ ... udy-course

I loved this course and had a truly amazing unmedicated birth. They also have a great selection of videos on Youtube. Here is a link to their Youtube Channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hypnobabies

For great positive birth stories I really enjoyed the following sites.

http://birthwithoutfearblog.com
https://www.hypnobabies.com/first-time-moms
http://www.pregnancybirthandbabies.com/ ... tories.htm
http://www.positivebirthstories.com

Great movies
The business of being born
More business of being born
Born in Water
Birth Story (featuring Ina May)
Orgasmic Birth

Excellent Reading
Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth
Birth Matters
The Thinking Woman's guide to a better birth
Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn

I tried during my pregnancy to focus on positivity. Surrounding myself around people who spoke positively about birth. I avoided reading negative books, birth stories and watching any negative shows as well (ie a baby story on tv) I found it made a huge difference in this birth compared to my other two. It helped to deprogram my mind that birth did not need to be painful but it could be beautiful, peaceful and enjoyable. I learned to trust my body and believe in myself.

All the best in your upcoming birth

Amanda
Proud Mama of 3
DD 15 days overdue-Induction-Pitocin-Failed eli-Baby Distress-Emergency C-section
DS- Born on his Due Date-Successful VBAC
DD- Born 2 Weeks early-The Most AMAZING VBAC and natural birth using HYPNOBABIES

Proud natural mama. BF'ing, Cloth Diapering, Baby Wearing mama. Doula & Childbirth Educator.
waiting41more

Postby Hunnybunny22 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:53 pm

if your going for a natural non medical birth may i suggest water pool birth? the water is supposed to help with contractions plus you can have as much entinox as you want and if in a calm environment such as your home or birth centre with low lighting soothing music and essential oils i supposed to really help. i will be going for this this time. i was really skeptical about homeopathy in labor but since my last births i will try anything

me:26 OH: 29
DS born: 42w1d 14.05.09 DD born 42w1d 15.04.11 DS 2 40w4d 27.10.13
Hunnybunny22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Robbie88 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:17 pm

I have heard great things about this as well but I am giving birth in a hospital where there is no water birthing allowed, so I will get in the tub to try and relax and the shower and walk etc.. but birthing will have to be done on dry land for me!
Robbie88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Third Trimester