measuring small?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

measuring small?

Postby ooribaby » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:42 am

So at 29+5 weeks, I had an appointment and was measuring at 26cm. That's almost 4cm smaller than I should be. The OB put in for an ultrasound but when I called to schedule it, they gave me a date 3-4weeks out. In my mind, I should be getting this done sooner...not sure if I should call the doctor back and see if she can do something about getting me in sooner. Anyone else measuring small? How worried should I be?
ooribaby

Re: measuring small?

Postby Robbie88 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:22 am

I would call your doctor and see if they can get you in sooner just for your own peace of mind! Did the doctor seem concerned about the measurement? I have no personal experience with this but plenty of people on here seem to measure big and be alright! My sister in law was also measuring small and gave birth 2 weeks early to a perfectly healthy 6 lb 11 oz baby boy! So here's to hoping the same for you :)
Robbie88
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: measuring small?

Postby h0ping » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:09 pm

Hi! My lo was born in Sept but I measured very small with my Sept lo and my older son. Defiantly call your doctor and see if they want the u/s sooner. I measured 8-10 weeks behind with my Sept lo I was at times "losing fundal height" and gained almost no weight (I'm fairly small to begin with) and he was born at 6 pounds 4 ounces (my older son was 6 pounds 2 ounces) your lo is probably fine just laying in your back but still......I know I was still nervous with my Sept lo even though I had been through it with my older son. good luck - message me if you wanna talk

Image Image
h0ping
Angel
Angel

Return to Third Trimester