Moody?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Moody?

Postby Stella_Anne » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:24 am

I work in the schools and am off for the summer with my insanely sweet, wonderful 3 year old boy. This is our last few months together before baby #2 arrives, and our last few weeks together with me in a relaxed, no-work-on-the-brain mode until I go out on maternity leave in late October. I'm not far enough along yet that I'm feeling super uncomfortable, and I'm even sleeping pretty well, so I seriously don't get why I am such a grouch! I have been feeling super moody off-and-on for about 5 days now, and it's breaking my heart because I should be having a great time just enjoying my son and helping him to enjoy his summer. Is anyone else dealing with this? Any words of advice? I am starting to feel angry at myself for not being able to pull it together.
Stella (32) and Kirby (30)
Kirby Wilson, born 5-17-2010
Kipton Marshall, born 10-16-2013
Baby #3: Due in May, team green!

Stella_Anne
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: Moody?

Postby OCT.4me » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:28 am

I know what you mean!!! This isn't a strong hormonal pregnancy but I have had three of them, felt like I was crazy and worried my personality change was permanent only to see it disappear at birth of baby.

ADVICE....forgive yourself and when you get super moody, move away from people and do for yourself till it passes

If you get frustrated at your son just remind him it isn't him and keep to activities that you know you can handle with him that day. I mean I would push myself to take my children to the park, go shopping, out to eat when I didn't want to do anything and then beat myself up for my attitude. I set myself up for failure and it didn't benefit the children in the end when I was upset with them anyways.

Strange as this sounds listen to your body, if you wake up and are still tired....rest until it passes instead of pushing through....if you don't crave a single thing in the house and are hungry get what you want...it will keep you happy. If you feel fat in everything you wear, skip going out. If your hair isn't what you need it to be, book an emergency hair appointment because in my mind a messy hair do ruins my mood. If you all of a sudden run out of energy and are out and about, cut your errand running short, grab a movie for your son and head home.

Hope this helps but just a little bit of what I learned to do to keep me stable.
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Moody?

Postby Stella_Anne » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:05 pm

Thank you for those ideas! I think you're right that it is reasonable to just do what I'm able to handle and let the rest slide. There is nothing wrong with skipping errands for some fun and easy down time to unwind when I'm feeling on-edge, especially since I won't be able to do that once I start back to work and am on a strict schedule again. Thank goodness my husband just got assigned to a job that will allow him to help me out a bit more in the next few months. He has been wonderful about picking up some of the "slack" since I haven't felt up to doing everything I normally would.

It is great to know I'm not the only one who has felt this way during a pregnancy, especially since, like I said, I "should" be feeling relaxed and happy about basically everything at this point.
Stella (32) and Kirby (30)
Kirby Wilson, born 5-17-2010
Kipton Marshall, born 10-16-2013
Baby #3: Due in May, team green!

Stella_Anne
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to Third Trimester