BIG babies...and its NOT my fault

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

BIG babies...and its NOT my fault

Postby OCT.4me » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:41 am

I think I am going to blame genetics for this one. FOR SURE thought baby would be smaller because I didn't gain as much, look as big, fit into maternity till third trimester, and put on major weight until now. So I have been boarderline with my firstborn and not? with the last two. I am boarderline with this one.....here is the list

8 pounds 11oz. and 21 inches long
9 pounds 1oz and 21 and 1/2 inches long
11 pounds 1oz and 23 and a 1/2 inches long

So they looked at baby at 21 weeks and told me he was 50 percentile and right at one pound. Yesterday I got another scan done and baby jumped to 90th percentile and is 3.5 pounds. WHAT THE HECK????

So I am now ruling myself out of this because there is just no way I am at fault for how big he is getting. I am not wasting my time getting out the newborn clothes, nor am I mentally preparing myself for VBAC. Looks like I am destined to have giants.

OH these are all boys by the way
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Re: BIG babies...and its NOT my fault

Postby NotBarbaraBush » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:37 am

Hmmm...I don't know. My m/w estimated DD to be 8lbs and she was exactly 8lb1oz.
My OB admitted he's not as good at guesstimating weight but he says he thinks DS will be smaller than DD was but he sure feels big! DD came out quite tall as well. I expect DS to be about the same overall even if I haven't gained as much weight as I did with DD.
I have some newborn stuff but not much b/c since we plan on using cloth, his butt will be fluffier. I'm mostly sticking with baby shirts and babylegs. That will fit him almost any size! Plus, the bulky stuff won't be for long.
I'm very curious to see how big he will be.
NotBarbaraBush
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Rosie-o » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:38 pm

I had a scan at 34 weeks and they told me this baby was 6 pound 10 already (and above the 97th%). When you think about babies gaining between 1/2 and 1 pound a week from then on it gets a little scary! Just trying to convince myself the ultrasound wasn't accurate ;)

DD1 was 9 pound 11 at 42+2 so also hoping this one comes earlier.
Me: 31
DH: 30
DD1: 2nd Feb 2010
:angel2: Sept 2011 @ 9 weeks
DD2: stillborn March 2012
DS: 31st Aug 2013
Rosie-o
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Hunnybunny22 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:06 am

boys do tend to me bigger than girls so i do feel for you my son was 8.4 and this one is following the same path im measuring ahead but not too far they need to scan me. if at my next appointment hes measuring further ahead then they probably will but im destined to have a natural birth. big babies have started with me no one else in the family has had a baby over 8lbs

me:26 OH: 29
DS born: 42w1d 14.05.09 DD born 42w1d 15.04.11 DS 2 40w4d 27.10.13
Hunnybunny22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maxhappy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:33 am

I was worried when I had my first that I would have a big baby being 5'2 with a partner of 6'4 not only that my mums side of the family are rather tall too. Thankfully my little boy was 7lb 7oz and that was him 10 days over, was rather long though at 57cm. At 2.5 years old he is now measuring on the 98th per centile for everything so definitely seems like he has the tall gene. I am hoping this baby due in 7 weeks is under the 8lb mark as I only just managed to deliver the first time around (was one push away from a c-section)
Maxhappy

Return to Third Trimester