HELP NOW!!!!! Do I go to ER?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

HELP NOW!!!!! Do I go to ER?

Postby OCT.4me » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:54 pm

I have been having contractions back to back for hours now...but they are more like braxton hicks, they don't hurt but they are constant, and I feel really sick like I am going to throw up.

I know these are contractions my whole stomach is hard....I just don't feel right and that part is hard to explain because I am only 32 weeks and it isn't like I ever had this before. I had three pregnancies and never had contractions before due date before.

Just wondering what you would do...I drank, I am resting...but sometimes it feels so tight around my chest, and so uncomfortable I am wondering is this a set up for pre-term labor?

They checked my cervical length at 20 weeks, and I am not at risk for pre term labor...I am so early just tell me this is in my head please
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Re: HELP NOW!!!!! Do I go to ER?

Postby sleepmomma » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:04 pm

I might suggest calling your doc or midwife. Some doctors will tell you to drink a lot of water and Lay down. Others might send you in for monitoring. A lot of it could be dehydration too.

Have you called your doc?
Me-34 (almost 35! eeek!)
DH-34
DD- 11
DS- 10
DD- 12 months (my rainbow!)

M/C 12/28/12 @ 8 weeks
M/C 10/16/14 @ 5 weeks

BFP 11/23/14

Heartbeat 131 bpb on 12/11/14 :hb:
EDD 7/31!

sleepmomma
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Bumpkins » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:06 am

Better to go in and get checked out... Much rather see you go in and it be nothing than something...
3 Angel Babies :( early miscarriages
Bumpkins
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby meganmarie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:07 pm

That's exactly how I feel much of the time, and especially so today. I'm not sure what set them off, but I've been having regular contractions all.freaking.day. Plus my groin/pelvic area really hurts--I don't think the two are related, but combined, they are making for a lot of discomfort and making me a little nervous. I'm not going in, though, b/c I've had this a lot in all of my pregnancies, so I'm used to it. I'll probably wake up tomorrow totally fine. But if it's something new for you better to be safe than sorry. I see you posted this yesterday...did you go in??
Team Green!

DD is 7, DS is 4

meganmarie
Angel
Angel

Postby OCT.4me » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:57 am

Just an update.....after 6 hours of contractions they went away....

But I had them yesterday and again today....when I go into the dr. I am going to ask they check me in case my body is trying to dilate.

If its one or two cm, that doesn't mean soon, or premature labor but I am curious is that is why they are coming on. I started working out over a week ago more intensely but these contractions happen long after the work out so I don't see how they are related. Guess I will find out more information this week though.

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby meganmarie » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:30 pm

I have found that if I have a really busy day or two, my BH are worse in the days following, so it could still be related to your workout. You might try taking some magnesium supplements. It helps lessen mine. I also drink two glasses of water before anything else in the morning to make sure I'm not starting the day dehydrated. Good luck!
Team Green!

DD is 7, DS is 4

meganmarie
Angel
Angel

Postby Hunnybunny22 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:36 am

hope everything is ok ! this happened with my daughter from 33 weeks all i would get was back to back bouts of contractions everyday so bad i had to time them. turns out they were strong bh's and didnt dilate me at all but they hurt. with my son i had them all the time from 37 weeks they hurt but didnt dilate me until i was 41 weeks. this time i have some pretty uncomfortable ones but nothing major so far. but i agree drink loads of water and lay on your left side

me:26 OH: 29
DS born: 42w1d 14.05.09 DD born 42w1d 15.04.11 DS 2 40w4d 27.10.13
Hunnybunny22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Lillizzy85 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:06 am

Next time, be sure to time them. Even if they don't hurt. Just so they have an idea of what kind of contractions you are having. I would let them know soon and not wait for it to happen again. I had a scare awhile ago but mine didn't last 6 hours. Mine lasted 3 hours and were 4 minutes apart. My Ob had me take 1000 mg of Tylenol, chug water and lay down on my left side. Took about an hour after that for them to calm down. I had done way too much that day and had drank more than the caffeine allowance for the day. Try to take it easy momma!
Me 30 dh 38
DD1 7
DD2 2

Lillizzy85
Star Member
Star Member

Postby OCT.4me » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:09 pm

Thank you Lillizzy85 I was considering contacting my dr. first but then thought they would just say its nothing but braxton hicks no worries....

The nurse I spoke to today said, well your not bleeding, or leaking fluids so those are just normal contractions and you will have them. I thought to myself, WHY do they bother asking you if you are having contractions, if they don't really care either?

I sadly think I need to admit my workout is causing some of this, this mornings work out resulted in some contractions shortly after but I also don't understand because this is baby number four, and with my other three I never had contractions due to working out. This doesn't mean stop does it? Surely if it's just "normal" I can continue what I am doing and be just fine?

HunnyBunny it does make me feel better knowing you have dealt with this and nothing has happened. I have never went into labor too soon so I shouldn't think anything of this at this point.

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby meganmarie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:45 pm

My midwife said the bh are always worse the more times you've been pg, so maybe that's why you are noticing them more this time. I contract pretty much constantly through every workout, but it's not stopping me! I haven't delivered too early--two and three weeks before DD, so they didn't cause any preterm problems. They did make for short and easy labors, though, so maybe you'll have that to look forward to this time!
Team Green!

DD is 7, DS is 4

meganmarie
Angel
Angel

Postby bazil323 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:44 am

That's what I've heard too--the more pregnancies the more contractions you get. I'd load up on water before & after the workout & make sure you're getting enough magnesium (at least 350 mg/day) and calcium (at least 1000-1200 mg/day) and then be sure to rest afterwards, but as long as they don't progress you should be fine. If it worries you, maybe cut back a little on the workout until you don't have so many contractions and then gradually increase until you are where you want to be so that your body has time to adjust?
Recently had our first child and have been married since October 6, 2006. I'm 27 and DH 29.

First pregnancy chemical, January 31, 2013.

Got our BFP on March 6, 2013. EDC November 11. Born November 11, 2013!
bazil323
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Third Trimester