low blood pressure spells

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

low blood pressure spells

Postby Hunnybunny22 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:51 am

i have episodes of dizziness, tiredness nausea breathlessness and a racing heart which settles when i lay down and drink pints of water anyone else experiencing this?

me:26 OH: 29
DS born: 42w1d 14.05.09 DD born 42w1d 15.04.11 DS 2 40w4d 27.10.13
Hunnybunny22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: low blood pressure spells

Postby Ashley E » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:49 pm

I did when I was pg with DD. I would even have spells where everything went black and I couldn't see anything. OB associated it with low blood pressure and low blood sugar so I made sure to keep a mint or life savors with me.

7/12/2013- Surprise BFP :)
EDD March 21st, 2014 *stick, stick, stick*

It's a girl!!! Addy Scout Egerdahl <3

*Two angels in Heaven*
2/7/13 ~11 weeks
5/6/13 ~ 6 weeks
Ashley E
Star Member
Star Member

Postby meganmarie » Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:15 pm

I've had the same, especially if I bend over to pick something up, then go upstairs very soon after (both of which tend to happen a lot with two kids to chase around!). I've ended up on the floor with low blood sugar-like symptoms. My MW said it's very common and due to the increased blood volume and low blood pressure. She said to just make my movements a lot slower so my blood pressure remains stable.
Team Green!

DD is 7, DS is 4

meganmarie
Angel
Angel

Postby Hunnybunny22 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:14 am

thanks megan, i spoke to her yesterday and she told me its totally normal and i probably need to be sipping water throughout the day and eating smaller meals, since drinking more i feel much better :)

Hunnybunny22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby OCT.4me » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:23 pm

Well after four pregnancies, and countless visits to ER and cardiologist, we are now able to rule out the heart, and blame it all on sugars. I just had a bad episode two weeks ago, and my sugar was through the roof. The dr. says my heart is being effected by really low to really high sugars..so apparently you are being told it is sugars too hunnybunny? Why else would she say small meals frequently?
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Hunnybunny22 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:43 am

i havnt had another episode since i started drinking more water and eating little amounts all day. but it doesnt explain the palpitations its weird. i feel much better now. with my son i ended up in hospital around 33 weeks with ketones in my urine. they couldnt explain it because i had been eating enough but they pumped me full of fluids for 24 hours and i was fine to go home the next day. my sugars were also normal as well. just one of those freak pregnancy things i assume?

Hunnybunny22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maxhappy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:36 am

I had those exact symptoms but mine was due to low iron levels. Once I started on iron tablets I felt much better.
Maxhappy

Postby Hunnybunny22 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:05 am

my iron level was 11.5 so i dont think its that :/

Hunnybunny22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby OCT.4me » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:29 pm

Well I am not saying it is in fact your problem, but it did take the doctors five years to figure out it was my sugars all along. If I had to guess you have sharps rises, and sharp drops and that is why they aren't detecting it in your urine or through tests. I have cleared many diabetic testings and yet have had sugar problems apparently without being pregnant.

Katie Brown

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Hunnybunny22 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:01 am

for some reason here drs will not do any glucose tests unless your pregnant and have family history or your BMI is over 40. and if your not pregnant and over the age of 45 and usually male. its a ridiculous system because i pretty much think i am insulin resistant which again they wont test me for,
i have highs and lows dizzy spells nausea, heart palpitations, problems losing and maintaining weight, i urinate a lot when i am not pregnant, i can become thirsty quite often, my menstrual cycles have always been irregular for no reason, i do not ovulate now without assistance. i was overweight pre preg and constantly tired. i also have Pcos symptoms but i dont have ovarian cysts. Now trying to tell a dr these symptoms with a father who has type 2 diabetes is still impossible, my sister was recently denied a test for the same symptoms because the dr told her she was too young to have type 2 diabetes. i didnt think diabetes picked an age?

Hunnybunny22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Maxhappy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:07 pm

When you mentioned the thirst issue I was going to suggest diabetes as I know that to be one of the symptoms. Its scandalous that your doctor won't test you for it. Seems like they follow a flow chart these days and don't use any common sense. My friends eldest son has been going to the doctors for the last 2 years with backpain and they put it down to growing pains and muscle pain. Turns out he has been living with scoliosis for the last 2 years, the longer its left the worse it is (scoliosis is where the spine curves). He had childhood leukeamia so given his background one would think they would have been more thorough in the first place. It was only because his mum pushed to see another doctor that he was diagnosed with the correct condition. Could you ask to see a different doctor? Your iron levels sound spot on, mine were really low at 9.6. Hope you get a confirmed diagnosis soon.
Maxhappy

Postby OCT.4me » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:39 pm

I am reading your symptoms list and going WOW I have had so many; of the same like problems. If you want my opinion there is too many dr's in this world that can't listen to their patients anymore, but beyond that are under the control of government and healthy insurance laws then concern for their patients well being.

Did you every consider treating yourself like you have diabetes? Monitor your eating habits, reduce yourself to everything that diabetics eat and look into the natural methods that treat diabetes. I off course will have to treat myself like a diabetic for the rest of my life just to keep this problem from becoming a permanent reality. I have already started switching my taste buds to like sugar free everything, and taking natural forms of help aids to assist your body in producing insulin and controlling sugars.

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Hunnybunny22 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:01 pm

i went on a weight loss plan with no sugar last year and lost 3 stone i felt healthy and some of my symptoms disappeared. if you dont fit the criteria for anything on the NHS you dont get seen. i believe for me diet control and weight control is the only way i can manage the symptoms, since being pregnant all my symptoms returned but yet again my glucose was normal on a 2 hour test and they said i was most definitely not diabetic. so frustrating, my sister was told after her issues with acne and hirsutism that she was just a hairy woman... having thick wirey hairs on your face in a male pattern is not a female characteristic and indicates a hormonal in balance and we both have fair skin and fair hair, even more so a reason to look further. both have reproductive issues and she has bladder and gyne issues. drs still dont know whats wrong with her

Hunnybunny22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby bazil323 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:35 pm

Amazing how some doctors get away with being so flippant about finding the root of the problem. And it can be so hard to figure out which ones are being lazy vs being reasonable in not looking for zebras, so to speak.

Has your sister been tested for polycystic ovarian syndrome? It was the first thing that popped into my head with you mentioning she has gyne issues and hirsutism.
Recently had our first child and have been married since October 6, 2006. I'm 27 and DH 29.

First pregnancy chemical, January 31, 2013.

Got our BFP on March 6, 2013. EDC November 11. Born November 11, 2013!
bazil323
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Hunnybunny22 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:02 am

we were both tested and and told no cysts on the ovaries so no pcos... which we all know is bullcrap because its a syndrome and you can have as many or little of the symptoms listed. she has bladder issues too and they only get better on antibiotics they have done a lap on her and found nothing the drs now think pumping her full of antibiotics is ok and treating the symptoms without fully investigating it is ok. they did this with my fertility issues. i have had irregular cycles all my life, heavy periods on and off, annovulation, i think i ovulate like twice a year on my own, hirsutism,acne,overweight even though i dont over eat, greasy oily skin, drs thought putting me on an anti androgen would solve the problem... it did but clearly i have androgen sensitivity or i have pcos neither the drs will admit to and wont investigate. i am just glad now we are done having children and i can be put back on the pill and continue with that until i see fit but it still doesnt explain the symptoms

Hunnybunny22
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Third Trimester