Baby dropped at 32+4

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Baby dropped at 32+4

Postby lunasmommy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:18 am

Hi Ladies, my baby dropped, or at least started to, this past Saturday which was about 32 1/2 weeks. At least half a dozen people have said my belly looks MUCH lower, I can breathe easier and eat more but my bladder is constantly squished and her head keeps hitting my cervix, sending these lighting shocks through my pelvis. My hips are also hurting almost constantly and feel like they are being widened from the inside. Has anyone else dropped this early and does it mean she might come a little sooner? I know every pregnancy, woman and baby are different, but a lot of the research I've been doing says that this usually happens within 4 weeks of labor beginning. Any thoughts/advice is greatly appreciated!

Me- 23
DH- 24
Started TTC Oct 2012
BFP 3/28/13 w/ EDD 12/3/13! IT'S A GIRL! **Abigail Ren**
lunasmommy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Baby dropped at 32+4

Postby easy_silence » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:31 pm

Congratulations on nearing the end of your pregnancy and in your baby dropping! With my daughter, I dropped at 32 weeks and also did some reading to see about labor correlations. I thought I'd go early for sure. My doctor then told me that it really is not an indication of early labor, and, sure enough, my baby was born one week past her due date. I friend of mine dropped early as well though, and she did go in to labor early. It's seems like a toss-up. Anyway, good luck!
Me: 25
DH: 27

TTC #1 January 2013
Suspected cp December 24th, 2012
1st BFP ever!!! July 19, 2013
Olivia Grace born April 1, 2013
6 lb 15 oz, 20 in long and a whole lot of dark hair!
easy_silence

Postby lunasmommy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:58 am

Thanks for your response! I see my o/b on Thursday so I'm going to ask him then. I think it's too early for him to do a pelvic exam but she seriously feels like she's crowning she's so low LOL! BH have gotten a little more frequent and stronger the past week or so, but nothing that would indicate a problem. DH is convinced she's going to come at 36 weeks (which I'm not ready for!) so I keep telling him not to jinx it, although I would love for her to not be late!

Me- 23
DH- 24
Started TTC Oct 2012
BFP 3/28/13 w/ EDD 12/3/13! IT'S A GIRL! **Abigail Ren**
lunasmommy
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby same_true_taurus » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:25 am

I'm 30 weeks and baby dropped slightly yesterday. I got worried because I always thought it happened much closer to labor. But now I'm seeing that sometimes it happens earlier than this and still go past their due date. It really gives no indication of when labor will begin, thank goodness.
My little man has been right under my ribs and my stomach was way too tight and uncomfortable. Now he's near or slightly under my belly button. It's such a big difference!
Just wanted to add this in case anyone else experienced the same thing.
Me (Joan): 34
DH: 34
DS1: age 11yrs (unplanned but wonderful surprise)
DS2: age 19 months (after ttc for 2 years)
Now expecting baby #3....surprise!
EDD is May 16th, 2016
same_true_taurus
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Third Trimester