What is this.

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

What is this.

Postby tina205 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:03 pm

I am still recovering from bronchitis I noticed last week while my husband and I was shopping that while walking when I would cough hard I would have a sharp shooting pain from my pelvis through my leg. It went away but today has been back full force it is bad enough to stop me in my tracks for a minute then it's gone.. Anyone know what this is ? Would a contraction hurt down your leg ?

tina205
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: What is this.

Postby vswright34 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:29 pm

I am not in the third trimester but I didn't want to leave you with no answer :)

with pregnancy, the weight gain puts alot of pressure on our lower backs. The shooting pain that you are describing sounds like you may have a pinched sciatic nerve and when you cough you irritate it.

I had this pre pregnancy and let me tell you it hurts like hell!! I almost collapse because it feels like a lightening bolt of pain down you leg!

I would recommend doing some back stretches and pelvic tilts.
Pelvic tilts- stand up with your back against the wall and tilt your pelvis back against the wall (basically pushing your lower back towards the wall. Do that 2x a day about 10-15 reps.
Another thing that helps me is a yoga back stretch called bird-dog. Google for an explanation. Its hard for me to describe ha.
Also try and ice your lower back to help with any swelling around the nerve.

Something I have been doing that also helps is to see a chiropractor. Alot of them are accustomed to working with pregnant patients. And it helps increase blood flow to you and baby and relieves pressure in your back.

Sorry to drop so much info on you! I hope this helps!
Me:(Veronica) 25
Dh: 25
Married since March 31,2012

BFP 8/1/13

EDD 4/14/14

11/21/13 We are having a GIRL!!

vswright34
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Re: What is this.

Postby Abryant86 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Defiantly sciatic nerve. Mine was bad in 2nd tri but got better in the 3rd tri. Must have been he position of the baby. What helped me is the yoga back stretch & making sure to not sit/lay on the floor ( I guess I did that a lot before pregnancy lol)
Ashten - Me 28
Jerimy - DH 29
Claire - DD 12/13
Baby #2 - DUE 4/17/16
8/7/15 (3w6d) beta -144
8/10/15 (4w1d) beta -488
8/14/15 (4w5d) beta -1873
11w1d :hb: 157
12w5d :hb: 170!
It's a BOY!!
Carter James
Abryant86