breech baby at 31 weeks

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

breech baby at 31 weeks

Postby momoftreasures » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Lots of questions here: 1. Has anyone been able to turn your baby using exercises/pelvic tilts at home? 2. How long did it take if you were successful? 3. Did baby stay in head down position? 4. Could you tell when the baby turned? 5. Should i stop the pelvic tilts if i think baby has turned? This is not my first baby but it's my first breech one. I was also told I have "a lot of fluid".
momoftreasures

Re: breech baby at 31 weeks

Postby BABYBABY!!! » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:32 am

I don't have answers for all those questions but my baby was breech till 34 weeks, my doctor said that was normal and most babies will turn by 34 weeks so I think you still have some time especially if you have a lot of fluid your baby should be able to easily turn, I didn't do any type of pelvic exercises she just did it on her own, I had a feeling that she did flip because I felt a lot of movement in areas that I didn't feel a lot of movement before and areas that I had lots of movement she no longer move there a lot it just felt different, good luck I hope your baby flips soon
Me (Alicia) 30 DH 31
I'm having a BOY!!! ♡Austin♡
#BlessedMomOf5
ImageImageImageImageImage
BABYBABY!!!
Star Member
Star Member

Postby jazlynn4/28 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:31 pm

The dr turned my baby with my ds and it hurt like hell. They used a sonogram machine to see what they were holding onto and turned the baby by moving around my stomache.
Hope your baby turns by itself..
It is early yet.
Alissa-33
Dh-40

Mc 18 weeks 4/28/13

Due date 4/28/14

My rainbow baby is due on my Angel babies birthday!

jazlynn4/28
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Welshyttc » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:16 pm

My midwife told me that they won't do anything for a breech position until 36 weeks. If at 36 weeks they are still in that position they may offer to turn him/her from the outside (don't think I Can be offered this as I have a cyst). In 50% of those procedures the baby will turn- but apparently some then turn back! Stubborn babies ha ha :)
Welshyttc

Postby Mommy2B? » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:00 am

At 29 weeks my baby was breech (I am planning a home birth and was worried about having to go to a hospital and finding an OBGYN so late in the game). But around 30+ weeks baby turned... And I definitely felt it. I was walking in the grocery store and had to stop and stand for a minute. It felt like I was on a roller coaster. You asked about exercises... The day baby turned I had spent the day vacuuming my house but instead of standing up right, I put the extender on the machine and vacuumed crawling on my hands and knees. (I had read somewhere that crawling for 10-15 minutes a day can help turn them.)
My midwife verified at 32 weeks with U/S that baby has officially turned and will stay that way for the duration.
PS- did some vaccuming again yesterday (still crawling, ha) and baby stayed in position. I mention this because I was worried that it might flip flop again, but as midwife said "they usually prefer to be head down so once they get that way they'll stay"
Mommy2B?
Friend

Return to Third Trimester