Fluid leaking or pee??

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Fluid leaking or pee??

Postby Hfesing » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:17 pm

So, today after a shower, I was standing in the bathroom in front of the mirror while about to brush my hair, and I felt something like fluid leaking coming on. Kinda reminded me...TMI...about when you get your period and you can feel it coming out. Anyway...it was enough of a gush to run down my legs all the way to my feet. Should I be concerned? I may be having braxton hicks once in a while, but no pain besides really bad hip and back pain while at work (I'm on my feet all day).

Bentley Jennifer 3-30-2006 (6 weeks early) after TTC for 2 years!

Unexpectedly expecting #2 after TTC for 5 years and giving up. Fallon Debra is due to March 12th, 2014!!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Hfesing
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Fluid leaking or pee??

Postby same_true_taurus » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:27 pm

Has it continued? It sounds like leaking fluid. When my water broke with ds#1 it was small trickles but I didn't have any contractions. I didn't have a big gush of it until I was at the hospital for a bit and the nurse was about to check me!
Anywho....let us know how you're doing. It could be just urine...sometimes I leak when I've gone too long without peeing, like first thing in the a.m.
Me (Joan): 34
DH: 34
DS1: age 11yrs (unplanned but wonderful surprise)
DS2: age 19 months (after ttc for 2 years)
Now expecting baby #3....surprise!
EDD is May 16th, 2016
same_true_taurus
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Hfesing » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:11 am

Haven't had anything since! If it does happen again and is worse, I think I might call. I see the dr on Tuesday anyway. I just dot want to go into labor yet. It's way too early!

Unexpectedly expecting #2 after TTC for 5 years and giving up. Fallon Debra is due to March 12th, 2014!!

Hfesing
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lydsh3 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:33 am

Had you peed after your shower? Or was it possible some water from your shower got trapped up there somehow? I dunno, just brainstorming. That happens to me after a bath sometimes.
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Hfesing » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:40 pm

I did not pee after my shower, and I don't think there's any way possible water got up there. After I leaked the fluid, I sat on the toilet to see if I had to pee and there was nothing. I have had a discharge for weeks that has been getting worse, but I was told it was normal. My lower back has been killings all day, so other than that along with the gush last night, everything else seems to be going same as it has been.

Hfesing
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Third Trimester