3-D Ultrasound Pics...what to expect...

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

3-D Ultrasound Pics...what to expect...

Postby blessedwithonemore » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:58 am

Hello all,
I am excited to say that we had our very first 3-D ultrasound yesterday!
Unfortunately, the baby slept the whole time and in a very curled up position :?
So much for spending all that time and money!
We have many pics of feet and ears!
We did manage to get one partial face pic, so I figured I'd share it!

The problem is that I am now contemplating going back for a second session...
so i would like to know what you all have experienced with this- is it worth a second try?
The other mom that was there was finishing her 2nd session, and still no luck! 8O
I don't want to spend too much...but don't want to regret not trying again....what do you think?
Attachments
ROCCO_8edit.jpg
ROCCO_8edit.jpg (24.74 KiB) Viewed 3332 times
blessedwithonemore

Re: 3-D Ultrasound Pics...what to expect...

Postby Ashley E » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:45 am

I think your little one will be here soon enough that it would be a waste of money to go back.

7/12/2013- Surprise BFP :)
EDD March 21st, 2014 *stick, stick, stick*

It's a girl!!! Addy Scout Egerdahl <3

*Two angels in Heaven*
2/7/13 ~11 weeks
5/6/13 ~ 6 weeks
Ashley E
Star Member
Star Member

Postby blessedwithonemore » Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:49 am

I would love to see pics of others' experience with 3-D/ 4-D ultrasound to see if theirs are clearer/
more defined...anyone else have them done around 30 weeks?
blessedwithonemore

Postby Gonzo1 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:27 am

First off, he's totally precious!!

Here is the best shot of my guy, I had it done at 31+4.

BABY ROBARDS_0016.JPG
(140.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet

We had kind of the opposite problem. Our guy was so squirmy and sucked on his hands nearly the entire time, so it made it hard to get a clear shot. Whenever they move too fast, the whole image blurs out. We have a few of his hands with this big bulb behind it - his out of focus face. We did get two face shots that were hands-free where he was relatively still but even then, he was so nosed up against his placenta that it is a little distorted.

Do they offer a discount for repeat ultrasounds? You might ask. I don't know that I would do it again if I were you. You may not have a full-on face shot, but your picture is sweet and I think it gives you a good idea of what he will look like when he makes his big arrival. Going back again may not even work, or you may have different problems like I did. Do what makes you happy, but don't worry so much about having the perfect shot of your little guy.

I had high expectations after googling 3-D ultrasound photos and seeing babies smiling, sucking on feet, whatever. So I had a few moments of disappointment as well when we first started and he was so wiggly that nothing was looking like I wanted it to. And then he flicked us off after a while which I am hoping is not a sign of things to come lol.
BFP 06/13/2013
HB 7/29- 170s
9/6 It's a BOY! :future baby boy:
Wyatt born 2/2014 - All natural water birth
Gonzo1
Star Member
Star Member

Postby blessedwithonemore » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:11 am

Gonzo1,
Aww, thank you...you'r little one is precious, too!
Thank you for your insight, I had not thought about what would happen if he were too active! lol
I guess I saw all of those perfect images of Baby yawning and grimacing, and sucking their thumbs, and thought mine could
be better for all the money I spent...but I guess they only show those perfect prized shots in order to get us there!
I did call, though, to see if there is a basic color photo pkg available, as a redo- so I am waiting to hear back!

Thanks again!
blessedwithonemore

Postby Hfesing » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:50 pm

The place I go to always asks you to come back at no charge if the baby doesn't cooperate! We have been very happy with our pics, but we are still asked to come back (the sonographer is a perfectionist)! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE seeing our daughter, but I have been completely pleased with everything. The same lady actually did then on my daughter 8 years ago! We paid close to $300 for videos on DVD and all the pics on a disk for 2 sessions. We are currently going to be going back for our 4th session in about 2 weeks!

That being said, I think it's kinda crappy that you paid all that money and they don't at least give you a free 2nd visit if baby doesn't cooperate!

Bentley Jennifer 3-30-2006 (6 weeks early) after TTC for 2 years!

Unexpectedly expecting #2 after TTC for 5 years and giving up. Fallon Debra is due to March 12th, 2014!!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Hfesing
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby blessedwithonemore » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Hfesing-
I think it's kinda crappy, too!
Especially now that I know you were able to go back!
:x
They did offer me 50% off if I go back for new pics (pics only :? ) but it was over an hour away
and I can't see bringing the kids all the way back there for pics...
if I can find a closer place, I may be tempted to try again, though! lol
Thank you for your insight!

Next time I will know to ask ahead of time what their policy is if the Baby does not cooperate!
That would have been invaluable to know...maybe it will help someone else out, too!
Thanks! :D
blessedwithonemore

Postby Hfesing » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:14 pm

Best of luck! Hope you find a different place that will work with you.

Bentley Jennifer 3-30-2006 (6 weeks early) after TTC for 2 years!

Unexpectedly expecting #2 after TTC for 5 years and giving up. Fallon Debra is due to March 12th, 2014!!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker
Hfesing
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby apieceofforever » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:19 am

We kinda had the same problem for the first half of ours... she wanted to lay with her arm crossed over her entire face.. lol I got up and bounced in a yoga ball and drank a little cup of orange juice. That did the trick for us. She started moving around and found herself a better position to snuggle up in.. I would go again but thats mainly cause this is my fourth and I just love the experience. The picture you got was really good though. You have a beautiful little one on the way.
apieceofforever
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby blessedwithonemore » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:22 am

Thank you for your reply!
I wish I would have been able to change positions or try something like a birthing ball-
but we had only a 20 minute session, and they didn't suggest 'wasting time' ...
Maybe if we end up having a 4th and get to try it again, we will be more assertive!
At least I will know what to ask and what to expect!
Thanks!
blessedwithonemore

Return to Third Trimester