hello third trimester

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

hello third trimester

Postby wvmommy0105 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:51 pm

Hello ladies
I'm starting my 3nd trimester this coming Saturday Jan 4 2014. Wow the time is going back so fast and there is still so much I have to do and get done before our little man arrives .
wvmommy0105

Re: hello third trimester

Postby lydsh3 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:49 pm

I am just starting up the third trimester, too. It's kinda crazy to be here, isn't it? It's al starting to get a little more real. :-) How have you been feeling?
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Postby wvmommy0105 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:26 pm

I've been feeling pretty good for the most part, my back hurts a little more now then it did, and sleeping is getting a little harder between having to get up to pee more during the night and being able to get comfrontable also during the night our little one seems to be up more and kicking and moving up a storm.Other then that I've been feeling pretty good other then I have noticed in the last week so far I've been feeling a little more tired in the eveings . How are you feeling, I can't belive it's getting so close . there's still so much to do
wvmommy0105

Postby lydsh3 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:18 pm

i've also had some back pain. I'm sitting with a heating pad on my back that the hubby picked up,a nd I have to say, it feels good. I can also relate to having to move around in the night a lot. The baby doesn't seem to keep me up yet, but it's nice when I'm laying awake to feel him move. :-) Do you have any baby showers coming up?
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Postby wvmommy0105 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Hello lydsh3

I have to agree I love it to feel my little one moving around when I'm awake. I have to get a heating pad and see if it helps my back any. Yes my mom and sister in law is planning my baby shower for the first part of March.So that way the weather will be starting to break and I will still have time to clean the things I get and put them away.

What are you having do you know or are you team green? Do you have everything set up for your little one ? We have the crib and changing table set up but we still got so much to do and to get
wvmommy0105

Postby lydsh3 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:38 pm

We are having a boy. I didn't realize how much I thought it was a girl until they said it was definitely a boy. Apparently I thought it was a girl. We definitely don't have everything set up, but we are moving in that direction. We have a couple more showers coming up, so I'm waiting to buy things until after that. The dates haven't been set, so I'm not sure when they'll be. We also have the crib set up--that was a fun moment. :-) And we have a dresser in the nursery that we are using as a changing table, but the pad is on our registry, so that's not all worked out yet. We are doing birthing classes on January 18, and I think that might make me feel a little better? I don't know. Are you doing birthing classes?
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Postby lydsh3 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:39 pm

Oh, and what are you having? I'm guessing girl by the pink lettering? :-)
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Postby wvmommy0105 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:17 pm

we are having a boy as well, I made the ticker before we found out what we was having, I just like you thought it was a girl up til the time they said BOY. This will be our second son together and my husbands 3nd boy. He has a son from his ex that we have custody of. Wow you said you have a few more showers to go how many showers have you already have had. Did you get lots of good stuff. I haven't had a shower yet Just have gotton things here and there from friends and what we have brought on our own. So how have you been feeling this week? I've been feeling pretty good for the most part. Been a little tired lately But I have been busy with the activies my son and step son have been having lately for school and helping my sister in law with my neice who just got out of the hospital after being in the NICU for 3 weeks she's now almost 6 weeks old. My sister in law is getting ready within a few days to have her surgery to get fixed . Have you started going to the dr every two weeks yet? I go Monday for my 2 hour GD test then after that I start going every two weeks. Is this your frist pregrancy
wvmommy0105

Postby lydsh3 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:31 pm

I had one small shower with one side of my family, and I have heard word of two being planned. I do feel very blessed. I've had several co-workers pass things my way and gotten a few things from family, so it feels like we've already collected quite a bit. It's amazing how many acccessories babies seem to require! :-) I felt ok this week--a little tired some mornings and nights, but able to get through the days. I just had two weeks off work because I'm a teacher, so I think I'm still running on some of that extra rest. :-) Do you stay home or work? How early was your niece born? I bet they are super happy to get her home! Yes, I'm supposed to be going in every two weeks. This time it's more like 2.5 because I have MLKJ day off work and so it worked out well. I had my GD test a few weeks ago and passed. Are you worried about it? This is my first pregnancy! It's quite an adventure. :-)
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Postby wvmommy0105 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:13 pm

That's nice that you was already able to have a small shower I haven't had any yet. My mom and sister in law is planning me one in March around the first of the month. I have some things I will be using from my frist son and I have brought a few things off the online yardsales on facebook locally that helps a lot and you get a lot of nice stuff at a decent price. Especially clothes because they grow so fast. They say my neice was born at 34 weeks 3 days We don't think she was that early because she weight over almost 6 ibs . They gave my sister in law two different due dates when she was pregrnant one was Dec 1o and the other was jan 10 and my neice was born on Dec 2. she spend 3 weeks in the NICU. Yes we are all glad to have her home as they only live a half mile from me so we are all the time at eachother houses helping eachother out. we was pregrnant together 8 years ago with our firsts as well her oldest son is 5 months older then mine. and this time my neaice will be 4 months older then my son. I had my sugar test today and it went good I ',m pretty sure I passed it, My appointment went good today the doctor said my weight is looking good even though I'm just now starting to gain a little weight before I've been loseing so from last month to today I only gained 2 ibs but I'm still down 7 ibs since I found out I was pregrnant . The only thing the doctor is worried about is my Blood pressure which isn't really high but higher then she would like it to be so i'll be seeing her every two weeks from now on with ultrasounds monthly to check the baby's size and fluid around him. I can't wait to see another picture of my little man. This pregrancy is a little different then my first I have notice it is a little harder on me but I'm guessing it's my age I'm 32 and had my first at 24 . I can't belive how fast it's all going lately. Do you have facebook
wvmommy0105

Postby lydsh3 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:13 pm

I love garage sales! And Craig's List. Between getting stuff used and showers, I'm hoping we won't have to buy too much. Since the medical expenses for having a baby are so much, it will be nice to not have to spend so much on the stuff. It does seem odd that she'd be born at 6 pounds if she was only 34 weeks. She would've been HUGE at term if that was the case. But on the other hand, she must have been a bit early if she was in the NICU for 3 weeks. In any case, I'm glad she's ok. How fun that you get to have kids at the same age! My best friend just had a baby, and I'm super excited that they'll be so close in age. she had a girl, so there was a part of me that wanted a girl so we could do all sorts fo mother/daughter things. But there are other reasons a boy will be awesome. I can't believe you're dwn 7 pounds since you got pregnant! How much weight did your doctor suggest you gain? Have you been super sick or trying to lose weight? That's cool that you get to see ultrasounds, but I'm sorry that it's because of concerns about your blood pressure. Did you have issues with that with your last pregnancy? I do have facebook! You should private message me your full name.
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Postby wvmommy0105 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:57 pm

Oh yeah I don't see spending a lot of money on things that they are going to outgrow so fast so hand me downs and things from yardsales and stuff work just as good. I think there is a few things that we will get new like the carseat because they actually expire and by getting them used you never know if they have been in a wreck on what, We say that my neice came maybe a week or two early not 6 weeks early like they said she was. I think my sister in laws due date was off. I know I can't belive I'm down 7 ibs either my doctor only wants me to gain about 15 ibs in this pregnancy since I never lost all of the weight I gained from my frist and always been on the chucky side since I hit my teen years anyway . With my first Pregnancy I gained about 40 to 50 ibs and he weight 6 ibs and 10 oz at birth .No actually I haven't been sick much at all I had been nususa in the first trimester but none since and I never got sick I didn't with my frist son either but once when I ate something really grease I've had a little more engery since my frist trimester ended and guess I've been kinda on the go , I think what helps is having other kids with my frist son then we have custody of my step son who's almost 13 they a lways have some kind of activity, I guess I haven't really had much of an appitte with this pregrnancy .No I didn't have any issues with my frist pregnancy with my blood pressure or anything. But I was 8 years younger and about 50 ibs thinner. It's werid because at that time in my life I had a little more stress because things was so rocky with my now husband and I' relationship. I didn't know if he was going to be around or if we was going to be together if I would have had to raise my son on my own. But he changed his ways of things and we ended up getting married a year later and have been good since. Oh cool you have facebook I"ll message you my real name on here and then you can find me on facebook and send me a request we can keep in touch if you want . So how have you been
wvmommy0105

Postby wvmommy0105 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:31 pm

lydsh3 how have you been Haven't heard much from you . Hope all is well your way How are you feeling. I've feeling pretty good So far I started getting a few BH on and and off for a few days but they aren't painful nor do they come everyday it depends on how I'm sitting or if I stand to long on my feet. Still working on getting a few things that we need for little one, I go this coming Monday weather depending for an ultrasound to check his growth and fluid then I go to the doctor one Wednesday I can't wait to see LO again and see how he's growen
wvmommy0105

Postby lydsh3 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:02 pm

Hey, sorry I kinda fell off the map. This week was a long week at work, and I just didn't have it in me to write much to anyone. I actually spent all afternoon at work again today... I'm going to be having to put in at least 50-60 hour weeks or more for about the next 6 weeks, and I really hope my body is up for it. I have also been getting some BH, I think definitely every day. But they aren't painful for me either, and they aren't regular. I definitely notice that they're worse if I haven't had enough water, if I have to pee, or if I stand up after sitting for a long time or have been on my feet for awhile.

So does your doctor want you to try to gain weight, or do they think it's ok that you're still down 7? Are your measurements on track with where you are supposed to be?

That is awesome that things are going better with you and your husband. So is this baby number 2 for you? I think I said that this is my first. :-)

You were right, you were pretty easy to find on facebook, so I sent you a friend request!
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Postby wvmommy0105 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:27 am

Wow Hope you don't over due yourself with working all those hours in a week. My BH seems to be not so much now but If I have to pee or on my feet to much still, My doctor don't want me gaining anymore then 15 ibs and so far I'm still down 7 guess I'll find out Wednesday when I go back to the doctor if I've gained anymore or not, I go tomorrow for my ultrasound my doctor wants to do monthly one's to make sure little one is growing good and the fluid because my BP has been higher then she wants it to be it's not real high but higher then she wants it. I can't wait to see my LO again,

Yeap things are going better with my husband and I. Yes this is baby number 2 for my husband and I together he has a son from his ex that is almost 13 we got custody of him so I'll have 3 boys running around, Yes you told me this is your first. Have you gotton a chance to get anything else ready for the baby, I seen you found me on facebook and look forward to getting talking to you more on there. take it easy and try to rest when you can , message me on facebook anytime
wvmommy0105

Return to Third Trimester