Swelling!

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Swelling!

Postby silverviper86 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:01 pm

I'm about 35 weeks along, and for the last few weeks I've had bad swelling in my whole body, but especially my ankles, feet and hands. I can't even wear my wedding ring and I had to buy a size and a half bigger pair of shoes (which are sometimes too tight to squeeze into). It's so frustrating! I know I don't have preeclampsyia because my blood pressure is low and there's no protein in my urine. I've tried putting my feet up for hours and drinking lots of water. Nothing helps :( I even wrapped my feet in cabbage leaves overnight because i heard that was a trick. It made it worse. Lol!

Just wanted to rant! And also see if anyone had any tips. Can't wait til the baby is here...
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Swelling!

Postby ace7 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:19 pm

I don't have any advice, just wanted to say that you're not alone! My hands are numb almost all day long. My midwife said the only cure is to have the baby :o
ace7

Postby silverviper86 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:52 pm

Oh no! I have numbness too. I guess it just goes with the territory. Well, not much longer for either of us! Yay!
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Sen » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:35 pm

Ashley I'm the same here.
Sausage fingers and swollen feet, pain from the fluid traped in my knuckles and even my knees are double size by night fall.
I've tried everything, hot water, cold water, ice packs, lavender, lemon, drinking 2 litres of water, putting my feet up, sleeping with my hands above my head - you name it! Nothing works.

Best advice I can give is keep cool and keep those rings off!
You're due before me so at least you'll get some relief first!
(Me)Charlotte - (DF)David - (DS)Lincoln
Our TTC Blog - http://tasmainia8.wordpress.com/

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic Pregnancy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby silverviper86 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:57 am

Oh no! I'm sorry you're going through this too :( I know it may sound weird, but this swelling has been the worst part of pregnancy so far for me. For one thing it is painful and then it makes me feel so unattractive! My husband hasn't tried to make a move in quite a while and that's probably because I look like Shrek right now. Lol
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Sen » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:49 am

Don't beat yourself up hun, I'm looking like Professor Clump over here!
I have a funeral next week and my choice if footwear is Ugg Boots vs Flip Flops. You can imagine my horror this afternoon when I couldn't get even half my foot into my smart shoes!!

Sometimes I wish there was someone here to reassure me that ill get my old body back. But right now I'm terrified I'm going to stay pudding-like and swollen forever! :(
(Me)Charlotte - (DF)David - (DS)Lincoln
Our TTC Blog - http://tasmainia8.wordpress.com/

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic Pregnancy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby silverviper86 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:31 pm

I feel your pain! :( I almost broke down and bought Crocs the other day and I've considered shopping in the men's dept. I know some women say they feel the most beautiful when pregnant. I feel the opposite!

And I've seen your pictures, you look great!!! Even if you don't think so.
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Third Trimester