38 weeks - tired & waiting

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

38 weeks - tired & waiting

Postby BabyJ#1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:57 pm

This is my first baby, and he dropped two weeks ago & since then I've been having light contractions with back pain that sometimes travels into my legs, and all around pelvic pain, which makes me walk funny. My hubby says it looks like I've been on a horse for too long. I've also been having nausea, more frequent trips to the bathroom for 1 & 2, and an increase in vaginal discharge. My doc said I was still all closed up last friday, which leads me to assume I've yet to lose my mucus plug. My energy's been up lately, evem though im hardly sleeping, enough that im anle to cook, do dishes, laundry, ans nesting for babys room. Today I feel drained of all energy and am feeling kind of off. Like that weird feeling you get right before you're sick, you just feel it coming on.. fighting headaches, achy body, throat tickles, feeling hot but not quite feverish, bouts of nausea. I've been tracking my contractions and I have noticed an increase in the number of them and intensity since last week, though they're not consistent enough to call out labor, and my stools have gotten much softer in last day or so. I'm wondering if it sounds like I'll be going into labor soon or in this for the long haul? What are your opinions?
BabyJ#1
Friend

Re: 38 weeks - tired & waiting

Postby ace7 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:53 am

Hi BabyJ!

How are you feeling now? I have no insight as to whether your labor is imminent, I'm on number one too so I'm also playing it by ear! Something I heard from my midwife at my 36 week appt freaked me out- she said to prepare myself for 4 to 6 more weeks of pregnancy. SIX more! I refuse to go to 42 weeks, but I suppose it's the baby's call :D

Keep us posted on how you're doing!
ace7

Postby BabyJ#1 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:18 am

You're almost there Ace! When's your EDD? Mines Feb 12 & I'm 39 weeks now and still feeling less energized since I've finished preparing all of the baby's things. Woke up with a tight spot in my thigh almost like a cramp, so my waddle is now a hobble -lol- Dr said I'm still not dilated and am just now beginning to soften even though I'm having contractions, so if I'm still nowhere by Fridays appointment we'll schedule an induction for 41 weeks. Going to start taking primrose oil hoping that will help to start dilating so I won't have to be induced!
BabyJ#1
Friend

Postby ace7 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Good luck! There are a ton of natural induction methods in these forums and on the internet if you haven't already checked. I'm due in 3 weeks so I won't be experimenting with any just yet! I know what you mean, I nested for two days straight and then had to relax most of today, it was a lot of action!
ace7

Return to Third Trimester