Random contraction?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Random contraction?

Postby silverviper86 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:48 am

I'm a first time mom and at about 35 weeks (a few days ago), I had a really sharp pain in my back that lasted for about a minute. It woke me up and I had to get up and walk. Do you think this was a random contraction or just a weird pain? I know for a while my baby was in the posterior position, which I hear will cause back labor. Thankfully she's anterior now. But anyway, I've never had a baby, so I don't know what contractions feel like other than Braxton Hicks. What do you ladies think?
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Random contraction?

Postby same_true_taurus » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:21 pm

It could've been a contraction. Because it only happened once I would guess that either your position or baby's position caused some sort of discomfort. Muscle spasm or nerve pain?
I'm not positive what back labor will feel like because I didn't have much of it. I have lower back issues due to sciatica....so my back and legs are always uncomfortable.
True contractions in the abdomen, for me, were like menstrual cramps. At first they were dull and achy and my stomach would tighten as well. The more labor progressed, the more pressure and pain I felt in my lower abdomen. And could feel them tightening and relaxing.
Congrats by the way on being in your third tri! Good luck!
Me (Joan): 34
DH: 34
DS1: age 11yrs (unplanned but wonderful surprise)
DS2: age 19 months (after ttc for 2 years)
Now expecting baby #3....surprise!
EDD is May 16th, 2016
same_true_taurus
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Random contraction?

Postby silverviper86 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:00 am

Thanks for replying! I'm thinking it must have been a pinched nerve or something because I didn't feel my uterus tightening with it. Baby must have went into a weird position when I was laying on my side.

And thanks- I have less than 4 weeks now! Yay!
Me (Ashley- 27), DH (Evan- 26)
Due March 2nd, 2014 with baby #1
We're having a GIRL!
silverviper86
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Third Trimester