Sore legs?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Sore legs?

Postby Ahavati » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:13 am

Yesterday, and today (today being a bit worse) my thighs and calves feel like I have walked for miles and miles. All over sore and achey. SPD is ridiculous but the leg discomfort is new. Also feeling like swelling in the leg with my clot, but barely any visible swelling. I *think* he dropped a lot, but wondering if anyone else had the insanely sore thighs/calves. 33 weeks currently. This one is new to me.
Cassandra - Mama to Anthony, Ephram, Avalea, Chaiya, Elijah and Samuel

Active DVT at 11 weeks 9/2013
Ahavati
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Sore legs?

Postby Menehune » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:21 am

Hi! My calves have been a little achey, but not my thighs so much. My feet are super sore...I'm carrying twins so the extra weight over the narrow area of my feet is really hurting. Maybe your thighs are just getting used to the extra weight you are carrying (?). My pregnancy yoga instructor almost always has us stretch our calves, so I think that's pretty common. I guess if you can still reach, you could do some quad stretches!

I'm trying to drink lots of water to help with any soreness/crampiness, it seems to help.

Hope you feel better soon!
Nearly 5 years TTC#1
IVF #1 June 2013, Long lupron, follistim/menopur, 11x5-day blasts, freeze all due to OHSS
8/23/13 FET 3x5-day blasts transferred, BFP 6dp5dt, betas 380 @ 10dp5dt, 810 @ 12dp5dt, 38,185 @ 22dp5dt, U/S 9/26 Twins!
B/G twins arrived at 34w+3d, spent 13 & 21 d in NICU
Menehune

Postby lydsh3 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:49 am

I have also been feeling like my legs are really achy and off. It makes me feel super out of shape because just a little walking makes them burn sometimes. I wondered about Gatorade helping some, if maybe I had an electrolyte imbalance? I also wondered if it's going to be this way until the end, or if it's just a little phase? Have you had more of it?
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Sen » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:07 pm

Cassandra, I don't have the achy legs but wondered how you're coping with your SPD?
Mine is now so bad I can barely walk, I'm trying to get a physio appointment before I end up bed-bound.
It used to all be pain in my right hip, but it's shifted across the front of my pelvis now. Each step feels like a knife digging in.
I know baby dropped last week and I think has engaged, so I don't see any relief from this until he's born now.

This pain is horrific!!
(Me)Charlotte - (DF)David - (DS)Lincoln
Our TTC Blog - http://tasmainia8.wordpress.com/

:angel2: M/C 4th Sep 2012
:angel2: Ectopic Pregnancy 4th Dec 2012
:bfp: 11th July 2013

Sen
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Third Trimester