EARLY THIRD TRIMESTERS, LET'S WAIT TOGETHER

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

EARLY THIRD TRIMESTERS, LET'S WAIT TOGETHER

Postby nikki12 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi, Ladies,

We're now on our last stretch! How are you all doing? Let's share our joys and pains together while we wait for our little ones!

I am 28 weeks + 3 days today and I am having a girl. I just had my ultrasound this morning and my little girl was measuring at 47 percentile. She was shy today though. She had her feet and hands up on her face that we did not get to see her features. I felt so jealous! I can't reach for my feet anymore without groaning, lol!

Anyone wants to join? :D
nikki12
Friend

Re: EARLY THIRD TRIMESTERS, LET'S WAIT TOGETHER

Postby corty12 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi I'm Sarah I'm 29 weeks today. I'm having a boy. :)
As for how I'm feeling, my boy was on my sciatic nerve for a few weeks and I was hardly able to walk at some points. Then I got very sick a few days ago and it would seem he has moved. So besides still being sick I'm doing pretty good. We have a 3d scan for him set up a week from today. I'm so excited!!

My boy loves to grab his feet lol. I also miss being able to do that. Not sure what percentile he's in right now but I do know he was measuring ahead.

corty12
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby Whig » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:31 am

Can I join? I'm not QUITE there yet, but will be next week!!
I'm just about 27wks with our second daughter, and it's finally starting to get real that we are having our second (and final) baby! I've been trying to "savor" this pregnancy as much as I can since I will not be doing it again, so I'm attempting to take all the aches and pains with a smile on my face. It doesnt always work!
I'm feeling pretty decent but I definitely am noticing more achiness/heaviness this time around than I did with my daughter. I'm guessing it's because I'm up and moving all day, working and doing house stuff and taking care of my girl, instead of plopping down on the couch after work for the rest of the evening like I did last time :-) My lower back is struggling a bit but I'm used to that as I've got arthritis down there anyway, so I'm just dealing with it as best I can. Butt Donut pillow is doing WONDERS!!!
We are starting "work" on the nursery soon - we need to paint, put in a ceiling fan, new little odds and ends like outlets, and then decorate. I'm trying to hold off on that stuff because I want something to look forward too in the last couple of months. Also need to get some more clothes because we loaned a lot of ours out to friends and didnt get them back...
I'm traveling to Vegas in a few weeks for work and I'm nervous about the flight, being on my feet all day for 3 days, and missing my husband and daughter, but it will be a good experience so I'm trying to look forward to it. Other than that, a good friends wedding is at the end of April and I'm in it, so being a whale of a bridesmaid is something to look forward to :-)

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

DD #1 - Cecelia Kathryn - June 18, 2011
This baby is another GIRL!!!! - Calliope Jean
Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby nikki12 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:56 am

Hi, Sarah and Whig! Thanks for joining.

Sarah - I hope your little boy cooperates! When my little girl won't budge even after drinking water and walking (thought my bladder would already burst, lol), my DH groaned and said, "I hope she won't be as stubborn as her mom!" :lol:

Whig - I can totally relate! I was ecstatic when I finally hit week 27, well, until I heard from my OBGYN informing me that I developed gestational diabetes. Trying to control my blood sugar by diet and walking. Las Vegas! I was there last week of January for a trade show. Flying wasn't too bad.

KUP, ladies!
nikki12
Friend

Postby Beyond_Ready » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:04 pm

Hello, Hello from South Florida!

I am 28 weeks, 4 days today and we are having...a baby! Not finding out the gender until s/he arrives in May (but lately I feel more and more strongly that it's a boy).

My 1-hour GD test is tomorrow (I had an early one at 11 weeks due to "advanced maternal age" and passed it with flying colors). Hoping tomorrow's test goes as smoothly :)

DH and I closed on a new house two weeks ago so the whole thing is being painted, literally as I type this. We chose two complementing greens for the nursery - we're doing a Winnie the Pooh theme so it's completely unisex.

Anyway, glad to meet all of you - hope you've all been having uncomplicated pregnancies thus far. We're almost there!

xo,
Andrea
Beyond_Ready
Friend

Postby nikki12 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:58 am

Hey, Andrea! Love it that you're here now, too!

I'm on a carb diet due to gestational diabetes and still adjusting to eating in between meals. But it's not too bad. What's bad is the heartburn and acid reflux. I'm currently taking zantac in the evening. So far, it's working. :)
nikki12
Friend

Postby JennMarie » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:55 am

Hi everyone! I would love some 3rd trimester buddies! I'm almost there... just a few more days :) We are expecting a little girl, and this is our 3rd child. We never thought we would have more than 2, but we are so thrilled that we changed our minds and feel like we made a good decision. And we might not even stop here since hubby thinks 4 sounds like a good number! :)

I had my glucose test yesterday and was very worried about it since I failed the first one with our son. Thankfully the one yesterday came back completely normal, so that's one less worry I have.

I have been experiencing back pain, heartburn, fatigue, leg cramps, and severe nose bleeds. I keep telling myself that things could be much worse though, so I'm trying to enjoy every minute I can of this pregnancy!

This baby will be born via scheduled C-section since my first baby was breech. I have never even been given the chance to have a trial of labor. This time my doctor told me that I could try if I wanted, but the risks seemed quite high versus another C-section... so we just opted for the surgery again. I guess it's nice to know what to expect, but the thought of it gives me a lot of anxiety! How are you ladies feeling about upcoming labor and delivery?
Me-34
DH-40

JennMarie
Star Member
Star Member

Postby Whig » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:54 pm

We are getting quite a gathering... I like it!! Nice to "talk" to others in the same stage as I am!

JennMarie... up until about a month ago, I was excited for labor/delivery... I went through it without meds with my first daughter (she will be 3 in June) and it really was great, besides the whole pain thing. After that (and by after, I mean, like, a year+ after) I said I couldnt wait to do that again. Just something about it is liberating and awesome and amazing.
And then... I saw a clip of someone giving birth. My lady bits cringed and I had to take some deep breaths to calm myself down and remember that I chose this, haha. I'm nervous, but ultimately I know it will be fine and I will deal with it as needed. it's just daunting because obviously there's no avoiding it now (unless an emerg c-section happens) so it's time to face the music. 8O

Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby nikki12 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:45 am

How are you all, pretty preggers?

I'm 31 weeks today, yay! My little girl is still very active and sometimes presses her head on my lower right pelvis area that could be painful. Sleeping is still uncomfortable even with the maternity pillow, and moving around has become a feat.

My moods are also over the place that I am now taking low dose of Ativan. I am worried about the effect to my baby but I feel that my anxiety and extreme irritability and agitation might be more harmful to her.

I hope you are all doing great, ladies!
nikki12
Friend

Postby corty12 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:59 pm

Hi again I'm right there with you on the uncomfortable sleeping. My LO is back on my sciatic nerve so a lot of time standing is a feat for me. I have had a sudden wave of nausea head back my way. Not thrilled lol. I will be 32 weeks thursday. We are finishing the nursery as I type. At this point I just can't wait for him to be here I'm tired achey and moody. But I know he's not ready yet.
I agree with your anxiety being more harmful on the baby they wouldn't put you on anything that would harm her. Well other than that it's good to see your doing as well to be expected! Hopefully the rest of this time will fly by for us and soon we'll get to meet our babies!! (Sorry for rambling I'm averaging about 2 straight hours of sleep a night :/

corty12
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Postby nikki12 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:22 am

I hear yah, sister! It's kinda frustrating to feel that you want the pregnancy to be over but you really do not want to because you know that the baby isn't ready yet. So you just wait and tell yourself, over and over again, I am good as long as my baby is good. Ah, motherhood!
nikki12
Friend

Postby Beyond_Ready » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:11 am

Good morning ladies!

I'm 32 weeks today and so far I'm having a week of important pregnancy milestones (if you want to call them that). Yesterday DH and I met and decided upon a pediatrician and today I was able to successfully order my free double-electric breast pump through insurance. Say what you will about the healthcare system, but that's a $230 savings! Not too shabby, if you ask me.

Hope all of you are doing well and cruising right along. For those who work, have you decided how long you'll stay at the job before maternity leave starts? I'm on the fence...
Beyond_Ready
Friend

Postby Whig » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:39 am

Hi Beyond Ready!
Sounds like you've got a lot of good things accomplished! Finding a pediatrician is a good thing to get checked off, hopefully you like him/her! I have been meaning to look into whether or not I can order my pump now or have to wait til the baby is born. I think for our insurance, we have to get a prescription from the dr to have it be covered. And I agree with your statement about health care!

I do work 40+ hrs a week and plan to work up until I go into labor. I know I will be getting miserable near the end, but I also want to save as much as my maternity leave as I can for when baby gets here so I will just work through it until there's no coming back :) I worked until I had my first baby so I am sure I can do the same this time too. Although I do have to admit, I was pretty worthless the last couple of weeks before she was born. No motivation what-so-ever! If you can take the time off before baby comes, I would take advantage of it, but it's just not an option for me.

Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Ashtonsmom » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:07 am

It would be oh so nice to take off now at 29 weeks i'm so tired and bigger than I was with DS1, however with DS1 i took of at 35 weeks and wasted so much time waiting around. By the time he came I only had 6 weeks left to spend with him so no I won't be doing that again. I plan on taking 8-10 weeks fmla with baby this time and I want day one of it to start when he is here!!

I told my supervisor last week I will be here until my water breaks lol! Actually hoping labor starts at work, only 5 mins from the hospital i'm going to. Where I live is more like 30mins away yikes!
DS1: 5
DS2: 1
DP: 32
ME: 31
It's a GIRL!!
20wk 5d :hb: 153bpm
Ryland Alyse due Nov 12.15

Ashtonsmom
Addicted
Addicted

Postby Beyond_Ready » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:16 am

Whig - I needed an RX for the pump, too. I was originally told they could fill it as soon as I hit 32 weeks (it arrived yesterday!), but when i called I was told that it could have been done as early as 32 weeks. GRRRR!

Regarding leave, the hospital is midway from my house to my job - about 30 min any way you slice it. With FMLA, I'll take 12 weeks off, but I definitely don't want to "waste" too much of it sitting around waiting for labor.
My due date is May 15 so I am thinking about working through the Friday before that (May 9). But since this is my first, I have no idea how I'll feel by then. Like I said - on the fence. Oh, decisions, decisions...
Beyond_Ready
Friend

Next

Return to Third Trimester