Rectal pain

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Rectal pain

Postby lukyj » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:10 pm

Lydsh, it sounds like you have internal hemorrhoids. I have them and I have an external one. I've had them for many years now (well, the external one). I've probably had them internally for a long time too, but it wasn't until right around Thanksgiving that I started really having constipation issues. The night before the holiday, I was in so much pain, and I had a bowel movement while out buying some groceries and since I had been monitoring my output, I looked in the toilet and saw this bright red glob attached to one of the pieces. I thought it was very strange. Then later that night at home I had another bm and when I wiped there was bright red blood all over the tp along with a glob that looked almost like a period clot. The toilet was bright red with blood. I called the dr immediately and he said it sounded like I ruptured one of the internal hemorrhoids. He immediately ordered me to take a stool softener and more fiber. I called him and told him it was like I was having my period out of my butt, LOL. But it was so painful. I'm guessing that you might have internal hemorrhoids as well.

Mexicanchick, it sounds like you have been experiencing round ligament pain. Totally normal with pregnancy.

I can't believe no one in the hospital thought about hemorrhoids :dunno:
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Rectal pain

Postby lydsh3 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Well, my doctor did check for external hemorrhoids, and she said I have a small one. But I wasn't actually bleeding out the butt hole, it was definitely vaginal. So I don't know if it was hemorrhoids, but it definitely might have been!
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Previous

Return to Third Trimester