Gestational Diabetes and Macrosomia.

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Re: Gestational Diabetes and Macrosomia.

Postby Erin33 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:19 pm

So...turns out I am just fat. Haha. Went in for an NST today and they said they wanted to do my ultrasound as well. My doctor is on vacation this week, so I won't be able to talk to her until after next weeks NST. But I asked the tech what she was seeing and how big he was. She said he weighs approximately 5lbs 8oz right now. Which is just barely LOWER than the average but for the most part, he is perfect for his gestational age. I'm still keeping in mind the 20% error rate but I feel pretty good that he is not a giant baby. And my measuring 1.5 weeks ahead was simply my own extra fluff I carry around. Haha.
I didn't get info on his shoulder width, I think the doctor will tell me that next week. But I figure if he is still small in weight, he doesn't have linebacker shoulders. :)
#1-Due 04/20/2014 - Angel Baby 04/08/2014
Me-34
DH -35
TTC #1 since 08/2012 - Successful July, 2013
History of Endometriosis (laparoscopy 07/2003, lesion removal). History of Chocolate cysts, PCOS unconfirmed.
Erin33
Friend

Re: Gestational Diabetes and Macrosomia.

Postby armywife1980 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:36 am

Lol. Fundal height measurements (where they measure your belly with a tape from pubic bone to top of uterus) can be thrown off by the way baby is laying and the amount of fluid too if that's what she was going off of saying that you were measuring 1.5 wks ahead. My 1st daughter was only 7lb5oz, but she did have shoulders like a line backer (still does at almost 12yrs) and was born facing the wrong way (occiput posterior vs occiput anterior). She came out pretty easily and I am only 5ft2 and was 115lb when I got pregnant with her. Those fundal height measurements can vary apt to apt too. My guy measures 4wks ahead on u/s but I only measured 1wk ahead via fundal height. Go figure. Nobody can really tell how big baby will be, even with u/s, until they are born.
Brandie (33) DH (32) Twin Boys (15) DD#1 (11) DD#2 (1yr)
Alyssa Marie 7/20/12 @ 7lb 11oz & 21in long
armywife1980
Addicted
Addicted

Previous

Return to Third Trimester