No motivation

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

No motivation

Postby armywife1980 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:02 am

33wks today and I have zero motivation. I have so much to get done and little time between the other things that have to happen around here for my other 4 kids. I really thought that getting my sugar leveled out would make a huge difference. I don't feel like crap anymore, but I still have no get up and go. Even a cup of coffee is no longer helping me jump start my day. Anybody else butts dragging in the 3rd tri? I usually don't feel like this until 36wk on.
Brandie (33) DH (32) Twin Boys (15) DD#1 (11) DD#2 (1yr)
Alyssa Marie 7/20/12 @ 7lb 11oz & 21in long
armywife1980
Addicted
Addicted

Re: No motivation

Postby Menehune » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:43 am

Yes! I, too have little motivation. With this being my first pregnancy, I am frustrated with my lack of mobility and being physically incapable of a lot of things. I know that there's a lot yet to do and prepare, but I just can't seem to get the motivation to get it done because I know what a huge effort it will be for me. Time to delegate (?) :D .

I am starting my leave early, so maybe I'll muster up the motivation to get things done...baby steps!

Hang in there!
Nearly 5 years TTC#1
IVF #1 June 2013, Long lupron, follistim/menopur, 11x5-day blasts, freeze all due to OHSS
8/23/13 FET 3x5-day blasts transferred, BFP 6dp5dt, betas 380 @ 10dp5dt, 810 @ 12dp5dt, 38,185 @ 22dp5dt, U/S 9/26 Twins!
B/G twins arrived at 34w+3d, spent 13 & 21 d in NICU
Menehune

Postby SusanT » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:20 pm

Same here! I am exhausted and there is still so much to do! I took 3 cat naps today. Lol and still so tired. This week has been the worst so far. I'm hoping to get some energy back soon!
Susan (36) Matt (37)

Expecting our first after TTC for 2.5 years!

9/16 - FET - transferred a 5 day 3AA embryo
9/20 - BFP on my birthday!

SusanT
Addicted
Addicted

Postby orionslight » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Super dragging here!! I just keep reminding myself im almost there! I hate not being able to keep up
Baby Ireland born 4-18-14 healthy and happy :)

Joining her 11 brothers and sisters
Loss July 2015@ 11+3, girl
Loss June 2016@ 13+5,boy
orionslight
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby armywife1980 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:58 pm

Not being able to keep up is driving me crazy! I know if I could get a nap in every day it would help but my daughter is one of those that sleeps like 12hrs at night and rarely naps so that's out the window. I'd try to force one on her if she was crabby but she's miss happy go lucky and honestly, I don't have the energy to battle her on it anyway lol. I'm not used to feeling this darn tired so early on. I HAVE to find my umph or baby won't have freshly laundered clothing to wear nor will the house be up to par. I can't even tolerate a shopping trip and dinner if it lasts more than 4hrs or so and I've missed all but 1 wrestling tournament for my sons because I just can't hang out for 10hrs like that at a gymnasium even if I'm sitting. I'm so looking forward to that burst of energy that comes 1-2wks after delivery before the sleep deprivation takes over lol.
armywife1980
Addicted
Addicted

Postby orionslight » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Right! I have had some luck in finding some energy if i make myself get up and do stuff. I managed to get my kitchen cleaned and scrubbed and the babys carseat stuff in the wash. So yay! Its the small things lol

Loss June 2016@ 13+5,boy
orionslight
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lydsh3 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:49 pm

This is my first pregnancy so I don't have anything to compare it to, but with this pregnancy I feel like my energy has come and gone. I was really struggling at the end of the second trimester, and I was afraid it was just going to get worse. But it seems like some weeks are just better than others. So maybe you guys will still have some good weeks between now and the end!
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Postby orionslight » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:19 pm

We may. I have good days and bad, but having a large family to look after is exhausting by itself, let alone huge and preggo lol. But i will keep my optimism :) except for the days im being a crybaby haha

Loss June 2016@ 13+5,boy
orionslight
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby armywife1980 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:31 pm

My good days are enough for me to I guess get caught up but not ahead to do extras that I'd like to do. I had a good day today though :) Baby's prefolds etc are all prepped and put away. I need to finish up my room and laundry tomorrow so I can set up the pack n play and start washing his clothes and blankets.
armywife1980
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lydsh3 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:01 am

I'm glad to hear that both of you have had some good days! I know what you mean about only being able to get caught up on those days. I've felt the same way--like I'm barely keeping my head above water. And I've definitely had those days of just crying because I'm overwhelmed. I can see where having a big family on top of being pregnant would be overwhelming, orionslight. Do you you work, too? And kudos to you, armywife, for getting all the laundry put away. That's one of my tasks for today. :-)
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Postby armywife1980 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:54 am

Sadly, I failed to get it all put away as we were out most of the day. I did manage to scrub the shower and tub which was well past over due. Now, if I could just get my toddler to cooperate when I'm trying to put away clothes it would be awesome but she's more interested in removing hangars than putting the clothes on them lol. I typically save my 2nd floor work for when DH or one of her older siblings is home and not doing anything. My mornings are slow to start but that's when my belly feels the least heavy etc and I can get the most done. By 3pm I'm so tired. I'm busting out the crock pot this week and doing at least 3 meals in it to help take some of the evening burden off. I see a lot of that in the next few weeks as my body is slowly starting to freak out on me lol.
armywife1980
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lydsh3 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:46 am

I am slow to start, too. It's 10:45 and all I've accomplished is my list for the day, starting laundry, and breakfast. :-) But I didn't sleep well last night, so I slept it and enjoyed it. This is my first official day of maternity leave, and I'm pretty stoked. The doctor's due date is March 20--the one on here is what I thought it was based on ovulation. So I might be due in 3 days or 9 days. Either way, it feels good to be able to take it a little slower. Oh wait, I cleaned out the microwave, too! :-) Anyway, good luck on your to-do list today and getting that laundry done. :-)
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Postby armywife1980 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Yay for maternity leave. I worked until about half way through my last pregnancy and just couldn't swing 3 kids, 50+ hrs a week, pregnancy and a deploying husband. I've been a SAHM since. I've managed to clean the kitchen, dining and living room, mop sweep, vacuum, and clean the laundry room and spiff up my pretty washer and dryer while running around after my 19 month old and her messes. It's almost 2pm here so I'm about done for the day except for cooking dinner and the evening clean up. If I could squeeze in a nap somehow I'd be able to get more done this evening but it's unlikely. Enjoy your mat leave and be sure to update us on baby :) The DDC boards are pretty dead because everyone is on FB but I like to still check in here :)
armywife1980
Addicted
Addicted

Postby lydsh3 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:47 am

Sounds like you got a lot accomplished! I'm so impressed that you get it all done early. My motivation usually kicks in much later. I get stuff done, but not in the mornings unless I have to be somewhere! Well, enjoy your clean house! I mostly spent yesterday running errands, but I guess I got quite a bit done. I also went to get a haircut. I figure I'll be looking at these pictures of myself for years and years in the hospital with our new little guy, so a haircut is a good idea. I had some whispy pieces in the front I've been trying to grow out, but they just looked damaged and terrible. I went to the local college of hair design because I saw they have five dollar haircuts on Mondays, and for five dollars I got a wash, cut, and style. The instructor ended up doing the front pieces into kind of a long bang for me. I think it looks a lot cleaner, and I can grow them out in style now. :-) So if your husband deployed right now? And I know what you mean about the boards being dead. It seems like almost nobody is posting. Kinda sad.
lydsh3
Star Member
Star Member

Return to Third Trimester