Should I be concerned? (x-posted)

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Should I be concerned? (x-posted)

Postby LeeAnnS » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi. I have a few questions concerning what happened in the past 12hours.
Last night around 10pm dh and i got into bed and watched some tv. I started getting mensyrual cramps which lasted quite some time. It was in my lower back around to the front. I got up to pee like 3x in about 15min and each time was like a full bladder amount. No trickling or anything, like i could hold it in til i got to the loo. Usually my urine is very yellow, but last night the wat was tinted a very light yellow almost clear. There was also no urine smell (sorry tmi). I also got constant pressure like pain down in my pelvis which came and went. I still have this uncomfortable pressure feeling down on the insudes of my thighs.
Does this sound like pre-labor signs? Should I be concerned yet?
I'll be 37w on wednesday and seeing my ob as well. But would just like some reassurance to help my last until then.
LeeAnnS
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Should I be concerned? (x-posted)

Postby Whig » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:53 am

It doesnt sound like anything out of the ordinary but if you are still feeling those things and are concerned, it doesnt hurt to call your dr now. I have started getting menstrual type cramps as well, which is common as labor approaches (can be weeks before) and some contractions are to be expected. I also have times when I have to pee literally 10-20min after I just went and I think the urge comes from the baby bearing down on your bladder. It could just be that your baby is moving down closer to the birth canal so you are feeling more intense pressure, but again, I'd call if you are concerned. good luck!

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

DD #1 - Cecelia Kathryn - June 18, 2011
This baby is another GIRL!!!! - Calliope Jean
Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Third Trimester