Mucus Plug!

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Mucus Plug!

Postby Whig » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:45 am

it's starting!! A tiny chunk of plug just came out this morning! I know it doesnt indicate anything, and I also lost mine in pieces during my first pregnancy in the weeks leading up to D-day, but hey, if nothing else, it means the end is near!! Which I knew anyway since there's only so much longer this kid can bake :-)

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

DD #1 - Cecelia Kathryn - June 18, 2011
This baby is another GIRL!!!! - Calliope Jean
Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Mucus Plug!

Postby lukyj » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:22 am

You're only 35 wks and you are losing your mucus plug? That seems so early. I'm 38 wks tomorrow and haven't seen anything out of the ordinary yet. I wonder if you can go into labor without losing your mucus plug. I know it has to come out, but do you have to see it before labor? I've been having a lot of random sharp pains shooting through my lower pelvis today. It's harder to walk today and the car ride to work was very uncomfortable. Every pump made me feel discomfort in my lower pelvis. I put in for my leave at work today. My last day of work (If I make the week) is Sunday. My estimated return date to work will be July 21st. I'm excited to be done with work. My only concern is how long it will take to start getting paid.
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby Laina0605 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:34 am

I never lost any of my mucus plug before I went into labour. I imagine it came out at some point during labour at the hospital. Every woman is different. So don't worry if you don't see any signs of a "bloody show" or anything because you can not have it and still go into active labour.
Carrie (32) Jeff(36)
DD born July 11/12
DS born Aug 5/14

Laina0605
Angel
Angel

Postby sarahmarie » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:51 pm

Oh that's awesome!! Last time I lost my plug the day I went into labor at 41 weeks!

sarahmarie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Whig » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:44 am

Yes, Lukyj, you can definitely go into labor without seeing any of your plug.
And also, if it makes you feel any better, I havent seen any of it since I posted this the other day, which is a total bummer! I keep waiting for another goober glob but so far just yellowish discharge along with the normal while/clear.
I NEED to get to at least 38 weeks (obviously for the health of the baby) but also because DH's bday is May 4 which puts me at 37w and I dont want them to share bdays!

Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby lukyj » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:57 pm

Thanks. I'm so ready. I want to start seeing signs. My dr said yesterday that I'm still closed and he doesn't think it will change within the next wk. I hope he is wrong. I am starting my leave on Monday and it would be nice if she would come at least next wk some time. I had a little discharge a little while ago and I think it did have a faintish bit of color to it. It's usually white but sometimes a little yellow. This was a little more color than the usual bit of yellow. I understand you not wanting the baby born on DH's bd. Hopefully miss Caliope will cooperate.
Our First Baby Girl, Madeline due 5/7/14
BFP 8/29/2013

lukyj
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby sarahmarie » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:57 pm

Oh wow, looks like little Madeline is due in just 13 days from now, you are almost there!!!

sarahmarie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Whig » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:04 am

Yes Luky you are so close!! It's crazy how we (or maybe just I??) are constantly looking for signs in the last few weeks. Like if we just keep imagining it will happen, it might... Every time I pee I wait for something to happen (like blood or a plug chunk), when I move I wait for my water to break, when I get a BH I wait for it to start hurting... Haha... it's pathetic really, but I'm so dang ready! I know the babe needs a few more weeks so I definitely want her in there longer, but I can't help but anticipate those things. Plus I didnt go into labor on my own with DD so I'm just waitng for the "this is it!!" signs to start (in a couple more weeks).

Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Postby sarahmarie » Fri May 16, 2014 2:14 am

Hey Wig, how are things going for you? Any more signs that labor is on the way?

sarahmarie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Third Trimester