Am I in early labor??

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Am I in early labor??

Postby shaylynn » Sat May 03, 2014 7:06 am

FTM here, 37 weeks prego, and i'm not sure if i'm in the beginning stages of labor. Some info I've read says I am while other info makes me think i'm not.

I've been experiencing since last night at 7 (so over 12 hours now)
- lower back ache (kind of feels like the pain you get when your extremely constipated)
- cramping in my abdomen that comes and goes
- some tightening of my uterus but not every time I feel the pain.
- feeling that I need to have a BM (I had this feeling last night as well however I did already have a BM yesterday so I dont think i'm constipated)
- pressure in my bottom and pelvis
- and the reason i'm not sure its Labor is because my lower stomach is a bit sensitive when I apply pressure to it.

I've tried changing positions, drinking lots of water, soak in the tub, coffee ( to try to induce BM ) :) but nothing has worked.

Anyone been through this or have any advise??
shaylynn
Friend

Re: Am I in early labor??

Postby Whig » Tue May 06, 2014 8:35 am

Hi, sorry to be late to respond, how did things end up?

ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

DD #1 - Cecelia Kathryn - June 18, 2011
This baby is another GIRL!!!! - Calliope Jean
Whig
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Am I in early labor??

Postby Ashtonsmom » Tue May 06, 2014 11:50 am

Late to this post but it definitely sounds like how i felt the first time. I felt plugged like i had a tampon in front n a bm in back but that was due to the pressure of him coming down and my cervix dialiating....

Just wondering how things went since you posted?
DS1: 5
DS2: 1
DP: 32
ME: 31
It's a GIRL!!
20wk 5d :hb: 153bpm
Ryland Alyse due Nov 12.15

Ashtonsmom
Addicted
Addicted

Return to Third Trimester