Two Week Wait

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!
Post a reply

Anyone fly in their 1st trimester?!

Sat May 17, 2014 7:50 am

Hi Ladies!

Hoping to get a little reassurance. I'm 6 weeks right now and have a flight booked at 8 weeks. My nurse said it was fine to fly in the 1st trimester..but I feel a little unsettled. One of my family members made a comment about not flying in 1st and 3rd and I think it brought up my paranoia again!! The Flight is 2.5 hours so not too long.

Did anyone fly thru 1st trimester? What did ur doc say?

Thanks!

Re: Anyone fly in their 1st trimester?!

Sun May 18, 2014 8:20 am

I flew in my second trimester I believe it's ok to fly in ur first just not ur 3rd.

Mon May 19, 2014 7:26 am

Thanks Kay!

Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:43 am

I flew transcontinental in my first, and back across in my second. Everything was fine, except for the pregnancy induced motion sickness. Wasn't expecting that, as I've never been motion sick before!

Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:25 pm

I flew right after I got my bfp at 5&6 weeks(there and back) and again in 2nd trimester at 24 weeks and it was fine :) my dr said flying is only off limits close to your due date (34+ wks) bc changing pressure could cause early labor

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:15 am

There's no medical reason not to fly in the first trimester. It might be uncomfortable for you due to the nausea, but if you're anything like me, you'd be nauseous no matter where you were. Of course, it's harder to get to the bathroom on an airplane, so if you have a lot of vomiting that would be something to consider.

I think any time you fly pregnant, it's going to be less comfortable than it normally would. I flew several times in the second trimester and I had even less tolerance for it than usual (I really hate being trapped on an airplane) but it was really no big deal.

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:01 pm

I flew in first, second and will be in a couple of weeks during my third. My doc has me on baby aspirin (81) and during second and third I have to wear compression socks and get up to walk every hour/march in place in my seat. He said they're just precautions - you'll be fine. :)
Post a reply
IsoFresh
PregEase
Milkies Milksaver
PeaPodPrenatal
Milkies Milk Trays
DreamBelly Butter
Nursing Blend