Measuring On Time but Growth Scan Ordered??

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Measuring On Time but Growth Scan Ordered??

Postby kuroneko4 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:48 am

Hello, all! I'm just about 31 weeks along now and have really had an uneventful pregnancy (for which I am grateful). I had my 30-week OB appointment last week and even though my fundal height was right at 30 cm, my OB still ordered a growth scan during week 32 to check if little guy is bigger than he should be right now. Of course, she had to run out of the room soon after to go deliver a baby, so I didn't get the chance to ask her any questions about why she felt this was necessary considering the fact that my fundal height was right where it should be. Has anyone else been in this situation and may be able to shed some light on it? Don't get me wrong, I know that baby is doing just fine and I can't wait to see his little face, but I'm not one to go through medical procedures that are completely unnecessary.

Thanks in advance!
Me - 28
Him - 27

Heartbeat at 6 weeks 5 days = 130
Heartbeat at 11 weeks = 155
Heartbeat at 20 weeks = 144
Heartbeat at 30 weeks = 140

We're having a BOY!

kuroneko4
Friend

Re: Measuring On Time but Growth Scan Ordered??

Postby ABelle » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:58 pm

It's pretty standard to measure baby accurately (ultrasound) at or around 32 weeks. I don't give much credit to fundal height measurements as ultrasounds are more accurate. You can also check fluid levels as well during this ultrasound. Enjoy the extra peek at your little one!
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)
DH- 41. (amazeballs) :wiggle:
Married since 2005. TTC 60 months!

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Angel
Angel

Re: Measuring On Time but Growth Scan Ordered??

Postby Livsmommy4 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:10 pm

My last pregnancy my dr did that as well..although it was more like 34 weeks just to measure in case it seemed like the baby was going to be really big to know If they would need to induce and make sure baby was head down
Livsmommy4

Return to Third Trimester