I need to get this off my chest.

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

I need to get this off my chest.

Postby trying2beehopeful » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:41 pm

I’m currently 37 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my 1st baby and totally terrified. I’m worried that something will be wrong with our baby. I’m trying not to obsess but I can’t help it. I’m creating a human being in my body, how could something NOT go wrong?

My parents are OVER THE MOON excited, this is their 1st grandchild. My mother has been asking for grandchildren for years. This will be my husband’s family’s 1st grandson and they’re sooo excited. I’m afraid that I’m going disappoint everyone with a sick baby or worse… that something happens to our baby during delivery. It’s almost like I wish they weren’t so excited, like their excitement is going to jinx us or something, crazy… I know :doh:

I have no real reason to think something’s wrong with him, all my scans show a healthy baby boy. My doctor’s office DID make a mistake with my blood work; they didn’t send it out on time :evil: so we never found out the chances of our baby having chromosomal abnormalities, now that’s always in the back of my mind. I worry about autism, I worry about downs, I worry about heart defects, will I be able to handle any of that? What if he’s blind or deaf? I mean… the list goes on and on. It’s all I can think about lately and it’s driving me nuts! I don’t care what I have to go through, hell and back, I just want a healthy baby.

Can anyone else relate? Share your fears.
1st time Mommy!
Expecting a baby boy November 25, 2014
trying2beehopeful

Re: I need to get this off my chest.

Postby ABelle » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Girl, I feel the SAME way! Like look how many things have to go RIGHT in order to get a healthy baby. People take it for granted. What if his lil umbilical cord is wrapped tight around his neck?! I try not to worry because honestly, what can we do about it? But it still crosses my mind....you know, like everything has gone so perfectly this entire pregnancy, I'm just waiting for the rug to be pulled out from underneath me!
Me {Anne}- 33 :hi: (Hypothyroidism, Single A1298C MTHFR, Endometriosis, ANA neg)
DH- 41. (amazeballs) :wiggle:
Married since 2005. TTC 60 months!

2 Lap Surgeries, 3 HSGs, 4 rounds of Clomid, 3 IUI's, 1 IVF cancelled (cysts) = all :bfn:

ABelle
Angel
Angel

Return to Third Trimester