Feeling punched in the stomach

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Feeling punched in the stomach

Postby B Michaelson » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:21 pm

No matter what I do my tummy and guts are sore like I got punched in the stomach.

Leaning back in a chair hurts, laying on my back hurts, laying on my side hurts and sometimes even sitting still hurts. Everything feels squished and like my blood supply is getting cut off. It's such a strange feeling.

If little mr is only about 2 lbs he has a long way to go. I can't imagine what another 10 weeks might feel like. I think he is going through a growth spurt with me though. My belly has popped even more the last few weeks, my boobs are no longer fitting my new bras and I have stretch marks on them.

A little nervous if things keep growing I will have to get new clothes. Even my pants are starting to pull at the seams. :?
Me - 36
Hashimotos, JHS/EDS, ANA negative, 1 Fallopian tube
DH - 41
TTC #1 Aug 2012 - May 2014
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016
May 2017 :bfp:

:angel: Our Angels :angel:
2004 - 7.5 weeks
Oct 2013 - 6w6d ruptured ectopic
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson

Re: Feeling punched in the stomach

Postby breezy_boo » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:16 pm

The feeling comes and goes. Sometimes I feel like my stomach is so stretched and then i feel not too stretched out and then it comes back.
Currently I do feel like she is running out of room and my stomach is getting stretched. and she is supposedly a bit over 5lbs, according to my midwives guess. Don't know how she giant she will feel when she gets to be closer to 8... Which is where she should be according to my midwife if she comes on time.
Due December 15th- It's a Girl!!
breezy_boo
Addicted
Addicted

Postby B Michaelson » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:01 pm

I can't imagine 5 lbs at this point lol. I feel really stretched and tight and bending over is not easy. It requires holding my breath. Yesterday I put down a bowl for the cat and I think I squished his head in my pelvis. It really hurt. Poor guy.

Maybe I just have a short torso. I am not very tall and he is measuring big. I don't know how all the twin mamas do it.
Me - 36
DH - 41
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016

2004 - 7.5 weeks
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson

Postby breezy_boo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:06 pm

Ya, I'm 5'1, so I hear you on the short torso! At one point I was measuring 2 and a half weeks ahead, but I slowed down and am now measuring on time. :) thank goodness! I already feel huge enough.
But like I mentioned, the tight and huge feeling comes and goes for me... I imagine now it's here to stay since i only have 35 days left, but I think it also depends a lot on the babies position. Sometimes I can still get pretty comfy... Other times not so much!
Dh is also convinced I have a huge baby in there. I've tried to assure him the midwife says she is the perfect size. But we can always feel where her body is now and it's pretty weird!
breezy_boo
Addicted
Addicted

Postby B Michaelson » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:13 pm

That's reassuring. He was 11 days ahead at my 18 week scan so hopefully he has slowed it down a bit.

I can't wait to see your little one Breezy! Do you think she will have your hair?
Me - 36
DH - 41
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016

2004 - 7.5 weeks
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson

Postby ambernicole8484 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:33 pm

I feel like I'm always crushing this poor baby between my ribs and pelvic bones :( Makes me feel terrible. And nowt that I'm nearing the end it's even worse. The tight feeling comes and goes for me as well. I stalked your belly pics and you look amazing :)
Me 33
DH 33
DD 13
DS 2

ambernicole8484
Angel
Angel

Postby B Michaelson » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:28 pm

Thx Amber, I've been stalking you guys too! You are looking great and I'm so glad to hear baby is doing well. Hard to believe we are all so close!

Some people make pregnancy look so easy. I feel like a penguin the way I waddle around lol.

This tight tummy is unreal though. It feels like this most of the time. I think part of it is bloat that is also running out of room lol.
Me - 36
DH - 41
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016

2004 - 7.5 weeks
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson

Postby breezy_boo » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:15 pm

I would love it if she has my hair... But we literally have every hair colour with my parents and dhs parents (blond, red, light brown, dark brown, and black!) so it will be a big surprise when she comes out. I hope she has hair!! I'm sure I will grind she is cute either way, I just love babies with hair lol.
I waddle around too... Depends on the babies position. When she is really low then I'm walking super slow and waddling. Other times she is a bit higher and I can walk a little more normally. Sometimes she literally pushes off my stomach to wedge herself further down. Now that is uncomfortable!! Hurts the muscles she is pushing off of and also gives me stabbing pains in my cervix. So that's lots of fun.
breezy_boo
Addicted
Addicted

Postby B Michaelson » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Lolol. Oh babies! My guy has started pushing on my right side and it is the weirdest feeling lol. I can imagine once he gets bigger it will hurt a lot more.

DH wants him to have my red hair too but I am hoping for his dark brown curlies. I don't know anyone else in my family with red hair. My one sister is blonde and the other brown but with DH's italian side being so strong I think he might win.
Me - 36
DH - 41
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016

2004 - 7.5 weeks
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson

Postby breezy_boo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:58 pm

Ahh you are like us then, it will be a complete surprise what colour of hair your baby will have!
Although you never know. Both my parents have dark brown hair, so they assumed I would have dark brown as well and were shocked when I came out with red hair. Although my paternal grandmother does have red hair. So they should have known there was a slight possibility!
I find it very exciting imagining what she will look like lol.
I'm trying to focus in the exciting stuff and not how uncomfortable I am or how much giving birth is going to hurt! Lol
breezy_boo
Addicted
Addicted

Postby B Michaelson » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:58 am

I am dying to know what he looks like too. I told DH i hope he gets his height and his legs and butt, but he better not have his feet lol! I think he might have my hands and DH's eyes, but who knows.

I creep DH out sometimes because I stare at him trying to figure out what traits he might have given to the baby lol.
Me - 36
DH - 41
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016

2004 - 7.5 weeks
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson

Postby breezy_boo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:16 am

Lol!! That's too funny! I think it's a little harder for me to picture what traits dh will have passed on since we are having a girl... His mom is attractive though, so I'm sure it'll be fine. But I have a hard time imagining a baby girl with my dhs toes for instance! Lol
I do wonder about how tall she will be since I'm 5'1 and dh is almost 6'2... Is it likely she will be somewhere in the middle or really tall or short? So far they've told me she has really long legs, but I don't know how much of an indicator that is for later on since I was bigger than dh when I was born. Although I was born in canada and he was born in Belarus. Not sure how good prenatal care his mom got...
breezy_boo
Addicted
Addicted

Postby B Michaelson » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:55 am

Ya my guy has long arms. Hopefully he also has long legs to match lol. I would prefer he gets DH's height because both sides of my family are shorties.
Me - 36
DH - 41
DS - Born Jan 2015
TTC #2 since Aug 2016

2004 - 7.5 weeks
Jan 2014 - Chemical

B Michaelson

Postby MorghanW » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:23 pm

I wonder a lot too, and I'm also feeling really tight, more than I remember at this stage last pregnancy, and I already have more stretch marks from this pregnancy than the last.

DS ended up with a fair mix of both DH and me. He has my shape head and my mouth, from the nose up he's all DH (with father-in-law's eyes and my curly hair, but blonde). He is, however, super tall, which isn't like either of us.

All I know about DD so far is that she also has DH's nose, you could tell from the anatomy scan. We have a 3D ultrasound scheduled soon, so maybe we'll find out more then. :)
Me: 31
DH: 33
:angel: 5/2005
DS: 2
DD: 1/19/2015 7lbs 9oz, 20.5 in @ 37w1d

MorghanW
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to Third Trimester