Why I'm sad to say I made it

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Why I'm sad to say I made it

Postby OCT.4me » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:58 pm

I should be "ready" like all the other pregnancies but instead I'm sad to say I'm already 27 weeks. As second trimester is my favorite stage I would think maybe it's just fear of what's to come but really I think it's because this is my last baby to carry. The kicks, the hiccups, and the round belly soon will be apart of a chapter closed in my life. I have been looking forward to the 20 weeks gender reveal and sure I might have wanted to rush time to get to another ultrasound but my wish for time to passes just means I'm closer to the end date.

I really hate change and am having trouble accepting "it's over" but at the same time I can acknowledge my family of five children is big enough and I'll be busy for life with them.

I now can only picture the end result with my only daughter to hold and cherish! I was adopted and haven't a clue what I looked like as a baby and I wonder when I look at her if she will be a glimpse of me as a baby?

Ok I'm done rambling! Welcome third trimester and all that you bring may it be a good memory!
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Why I'm sad to say I made it

Postby OCT.4me » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:54 am

This is my last week of pregnancy and I have done my best to enjoy the moments, the weeks and appreciate the pregnancy despite its discomforts and worry. The weeks have flown by faster now that I'm not impatient to deliver but the desire for relief is much stronger now as I approach 37 weeks in two days.

I know we all worry for our babies and we all want them to arrive safely but it makes it worse knowing your pregnancy is far from routine and those risks include: globular placenta, GD, preterm labor, and now Cholostasis of pregnancy. I'm thinking what's one more week but up against this last complication I can now say: the difference between life and death.

Hard to believe I have come this far in what seems like a short distance between December and now... For those of you struggling with impatience my advice is to trick your mind into thinking you never want it to end:-)
Due Sept. 7th, 2015 carrying this miracle to term!!!

MY CHILDREN

ANGEL BABIES

TWO MORE ANGELS in HEAVEN as well
OCT.4me
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Why I'm sad to say I made it

Postby valerie0187 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:40 pm

Great advice. I'm touched by your story. I too was adopted. I was adopted at 8 months and have no idea what I look like as a newborn. I will be having a girl and I keep wondering if she will look like me.
Me: 30
First appointment with RE on November 2013
BFP on April 11, 2015
EDD December 21, 2015
-------------------
1st app with u/s - 5/4/15 - bpm 133 :hb:, 6w6d
4th app with u/s - 7/17/15 - Expecting a baby girl!

Went to the hospital - 12/14/15 at 12 noon
Born on - 12/15/15 at 4:14 AM

- Single Mother By Choice (SMC)
ImageImage
valerie0187
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to Third Trimester