Faintness or dizziness?

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

Faintness or dizziness?

Postby 90Kat » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:37 pm

So the first time I almost fainted was after my 3 hour glucose test, so I figured it was just from the sugar crash, the second time I was getting out of the shower, assumed maybe It was too hot, third time was after waking up to use the bathroom in the middle
Of the night and then last night I was at a concert. I'm not actually fainting, but I've fainted and had seizures enough times to realize the feeling ahead of time. The my eyes can't focus, my body feels heavy, my knees are buckling holy crap I need to sit down feeling. It could all be from things I'm doing, but I was curious if I should bring this up to my OB or if any of you are having experience with it?
90Kat
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Re: Faintness or dizziness?

Postby amlobo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:03 pm

I sometimes feel faint if I get out of bed at night. I will usually take my blood pressure, and it's low. So, I'm assuming it's due to my low blood pressure, but it's not severe enough for me to worry yet, personally. I've only had it happen a couple times. I normally have low BP, so the only thing I notice is that during these "spells" my bottom number is lower than normal. No idea if that's correlated, though, lol.
Me (Amanda): 31
DH: 32

July 2014: Missed M/C at 11 weeks, measured 7w4d
January 2015: BFP at 9dpo, EDD 9/19/15

DS born via c-section 9/20/15 - 8lb 9oz, 21 inches :)
amlobo
Star Member
Star Member

Re: Faintness or dizziness?

Postby 90Kat » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:24 am

Unfortunately I have the opposite of you, having higher blood pressure. Closely monitored, but not high enough for medication. I've been trying to get more sleep lately, and it seems to help. I wake up 5-6 times a night, both for using the potty and my hands going numb. I can't fall directly back to sleep so I know I am losing a couple hours all together at night. Taking extra naps or allowing myself to sleep in (GASP) has seemed to help.
90Kat
StickyDuster
StickyDuster

Return to Third Trimester