due date is getting nearer

Baby is taking up all available space in your belly. Baby showers and buying things for the nursery are on your mind. Childbirth classes, baby will be here before you know it!

Moderators: B Michaelson, southernbelle, jessm, 1daysoon, reapage, Honey Bunny, unaffected, maddy, TrebleLily

due date is getting nearer

Postby newstage » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:53 am

I'm 27 weeks pregnant - due date is getting nearer and nearer.

this is my first baby and although i read a lot of material on birth delivery, I'm still a bit scared of the birth itself and of the pain that it will bring.

i read that some exercises might help during the labour. Also, that sexual activity might help also. My question is: are there any mommies out there who weren't actively having sex during pregnancy? how was your experience during birth?
newstage

Re: due date is getting nearer

Postby chocolatecake » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:52 am

You must almost be done cooking by now? I hope you aren't as scared anymore. Our bodies were meant to do this, and worrying only makes the experience worse. There have been some random studies that show women who worry about birth actually do better during labor because they spend their time practicing the scenario in their head, and often dream about it.

If you aren't having sex, I would try just exercising, doing squats and core exercises for your stomach and back. Everything will turn out ok, it always does.
chocolatecake
Hot Mama
Hot Mama

Return to Third Trimester